Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MP3 or IPOD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MP3 or IPOD?
    Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 15:58
I am getting a MP3 or IPOD, but I am not sure which one to buy. Any recommendations?

P.S. I now live in Canada, so please recommend ones that are available in Calgary, Alberta.

Join us.
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 17:57
I think an Ipod is an MP3 player... anyway I suggest getting an Ipod, their products are good quality and have style. The Nano Ipod is a good choice but if you are willing to pay more then you can get those video Ipods which are quite expensive if you ask me.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 01:55
Pekau, I am not sure what you would do with an IPod without a MP3.

IPods play MP3 sound files. I take it you want to know whether you should buy an IPod or another MP3 player yes? You should look at what is available and research your options carefully. IPods are usually overpriced, but they are good value.

If the IPod ties with another brand, buy the other brand. Macintosh have a habit of being bastards which may come back to bite you later. For example, in the first generation IPods you couldn't change the battery.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 02:50
Personaly I prefer an iPod over other MP3 players. They usually cost a bit more but they are very simple to use and organised plus they have alot more handy features than other brands.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 04:09
I would have preferred a iPod over another player but I got an Unity4U and it's quite remarkable. Better than any iPod I've seen (and there's many) so unless you getting an iPod 5Gen Video try to find the Unity...
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 04:55
ipod, if you can afford the obligatory accesories..the sound quality and interface and looks are superior
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 15:53
I have an IPOD 5 gen vedio jobby. nice machine, has given me no trouble( my daughters samsung has been replaced 2 now because of faults) The biggest problem with the ipod is the way you must load music onto it - I hate it time consumming and a pain ,  As to buying on in Calgary- at the time I bought mine The Source was least expensive place, Costco is also a good choice and future shop has reasonable prices ( about the same as the others) but I hate them. 
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 00:16
I seem to have problems everytime I handle Apple products so I tend to shy away from them.

As an alternative to an Ipod I just recently bought a 4gb Mp3 video player. (I have like 500 songs and 2 episodes of South Park on it right now.) It cost me about $120 at a Target store.

Here is there website: http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=15306

The only complaint about the video is that the screen is very small, but you can still easily make out what is going on. But on the plus side, it's also far cheaper then an Ipod of similar size.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 10:42
After much thought, I got Sandisk Sansa 8GB MP3 Player. Despite the fact that IPOD looks neater with bigger screen... I might as go for cheaper one and not worry about video too much. If I wanted to watch something in the long trip, I will get my laptop.

What kind of makes me ticked are the battery issues... I can only recharge it on a computer... and replacing the battery is freaken expensive. Hopefully new technology will come up so my ion-lithium battery's cost goes down...

Join us.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 17:38
You should be able to buy a little thingy that allows you to plug it in to the wall. like this

or this

Edited by Dawn - 29-Aug-2007 at 17:40
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 18:10
Originally posted by Dawn

You should be able to buy a little thingy that allows you to plug it in to the wall. like this

or this

Thanks. I have to see if they are in stock...

Join us.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 05:55
You should be able to charge it in most things that have a USB port. When I plug my iPod into my stereo it indicates that the battery is charging but I haven't really tested to see if it is doing so or not, and a friend of mine says that he used to charge his by plugging it into the USB port of his PS2.
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2007 at 22:58
Ipods have only a 1 yr lifespan tho. Be careful what you buy, u have to know every detail. Wink
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply