Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? American that is

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
what_is_history View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote what_is_history Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? American that is
    Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 18:23
With the NFL season just around the corner, people in virtually every American city have reason to celebrate.  Finally America's passion has returned for another stellar year!  There has already been pleanty of noise being made by the media.  Everything from Michael Vick and Pacman Jones to JaMarcus Russell still holding out and Tiki Barber calling out Eli.  We are in for one heck of a season. 

With that said, who are your favorites?  Give me your predictions!

Here are mine:

To make the AFC playoffs:

Indianapolis
New England
San Diego
Denver
Baltimore
and the surprise team...Buffalo

To make the NFC playoffs:
Dallas
Philly
St. Louis
Carolina
Chicago
and the other surprise team...San Fransisco

To go to the Superbowl:

I'm going with New England vs. Dallas

Individial Award Winners for 2007:

Offensive MVP: I think he will finally get his due.  It will be McNabb (if he stays healthy)

Defgensive MVP: He'll finally get it this year.  It's Shawn Merriman

Rookie of the Year: Calvin Johnson

Coach of the Year: wade Phillips
"It aint what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
-Mark Twain
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 18:25
There is only one football. Sorry... closed

what_is_history View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote what_is_history Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 18:39
AMEN, and it is called the NFL!!! 
"It aint what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
-Mark Twain
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 18:44

American football is weird, because is played with the hands :)

Anyways, I find it a interesting game, although I preffer soccer. Rugby is also a lot more sportive that its American relative.

Pinguin

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 22:25
I think is kinda sad how the NFL is making the people of Los Angeles wait 6 more years before they will give them an expansion team.Cry
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 22:29
I won't make predictions, considering my team is the vikings, but I wouldn't mind seeing the ravens and jaguars do well this year.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 20:50
Grossman missed two snaps last game, this doesn't sound too good for us, we need a real Quarterback very bad.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 20:51
Originally posted by what_is_history

No it's called futbol, and it's played with two feet, and a whole buch of skill.

Sorry, American football I like, but it has nothing on footbal.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 21:00
I heared the NFL is trying to introduce American football in Mexico. That's really weird.

If someone read Spanish, follow this link

The borregos of Mexico. Weird!

Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 02:29
Originally posted by what_is_history

Amen!
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 02:38
Go Cowboys!

Big%20smile
Kilroy was here.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 03:13
There was a try to establish this curious sport in europe as well.
So they started some years ago the World Football League, with some teams in different european cities.

As much as i know, the remaining teams are only from germany and the project is in deficit, not to say skint.

Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 04:34
I heard that the European football league was created for the benefit of US troops stations in Europe. Don't know if that is true or not, but that's what i've heard..
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 10:29
Actually, of the sports invented in the North America, I believe basketball is the most sucessful, because is played around the world. The second in popularity is baseball, which is a sport that have fans in the Caribbean and Japan. In Cuba and Dominican Republic, for instance, is more popular than soccer.

In South America, at least, there is a tradition of rugby in colleges and upper classes clubs, but the American version is seen as something remote. In here, soccer is by far the most popular sport of all.

Pinguin

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 10:40
Originally posted by pinguin

Actually, of the sports invented in the North America, I believe basketball is the most sucessful, because is played around the world. The second in popularity is baseball, which is a sport that have fans in the Caribbean and Japan. In Cuba and Dominican Republic, for instance, is more popular than soccer.

In South America, at least, there is a tradition of rugby in colleges and upper classes clubs, but the American version is seen as something remote. In here, soccer is by far the most popular sport of all.

Pinguin

Also volleyball was invented by Americans so should be on Your list at least just behind basketball.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 12:34
What is-

A coaching change like the one they just had and you still pick Dallas? no way, not with Smilin Jerry still in charge.

The Eagles will have to struggle to even make the first round, too many changes on the Off. line and the Defensive backs are a major ? mark.
I don't think McNabb is healthy enough to go the whole season.
[and that from an Eagles fan of 50 years]

And will you guys stop comparing Rugby with American Football?  It's like comparing a poodle with a bull mastiff.

Edited by red clay - 26-Aug-2007 at 12:35
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 12:39
American Football, girls game!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 12:43
Originally posted by red clay

And will you guys stop comparing Rugby with American Football?  It's like comparing a poodle with a bull mastiff.

Don't complain. It could be worst. We could compare Cricket with Baseball LOLLOLLOL

Just kidding.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 13:36
Originally posted by Sparten

American Football, girls game!

You must date some unusual girls. Big%20smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 14:07
I watched a Gaelic football game the other day.  It was pretty cool actually.  It was just like a half way fusion between Soccer and Rugby. They had a round ball but you could pick it up and run and pass like Rugby but it seems like you had to either pass or kick in every few steps like dribbling in basketball. I like those kicking to yourself while you are running thing.  And they had field goal post and soccer goal cross bar with a goalie underneath it.  I think if you score on goalie it's more like touchdown but you can just pick it up any time and just kick it over the crossbar like a field goal.  Manchester United vs Dallas Cowboys  in Gaelic football anybody?   I just want to see guys like Ferdinando get creamed by a 350 lbs lineman.  But Man U will win that game since only one or two guys from Cowboys would really know how to kick the ball.

Anyway, Lions are gonna win the  Super Bowl this year.LOLCryLOLCryLOLCryLOLCry

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 26-Aug-2007 at 14:11
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>