Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga Espaola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: La Liga Espaola
    Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 15:22
Tell that to Stuttgart... Wink
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 20:32
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

On multiple demand, this thread was renamed.

Although nearly everyone knows, that spanish can't even play football..Tongue

Yes they can. They just need few Brazilians or Argentinians in the squad.
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 21:20
Originally posted by Majkes

Who doesn't need some Brazilians or Argentinians?  Maybe Bayern Munchen.Tongue  Just ask Rummenigge.
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 22:15
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Originally posted by Majkes

Who doesn't need some Brazilians or Argentinians?  Maybe Bayern Munchen.Tongue  Just ask Rummenigge.

We would need at least 11 such playersTongue.

What is Your favourite team in Spain. Mine is Barca. hope they will win again this year. It seems Real and barca are the only clubs to have a chance for title. Who could overrun them? Maybe Valencia. Sevilla is in a worse form. 
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2007 at 04:58
Vamos! Vamos Bara!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2007 at 21:33
What's my favorite team in Spain?  That's a tough question because I must commit a mortal sin to answer that.Disapprove   I have to say both Real Madrid and Barcelona.Shocked  Not being either a Madrista or Catalan myself, I just cheer for 'the Beautiful Game'.  In overall, Barca plays more of that beautiful game currently and traditionally.  So if I really have to choose one it would be Barca.Approve 

However I loved that Real Madrid squad before Beckham got there.  There was nothing like Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo at their best gelling together.  Makalele, Geremi, Cambiasso, Roberto Carlos, Hierro provided excellent backfield, also Seedorf before he left.  Raul, Guti, Solari even McNamanan all great players for them.  I can't say too much about any team before 90's, but that Real Madrid squad is way up there with current Barcelona run and Capello's AC Milan featuring the Dutch Trio with Van Basten, Guulit, Rijkaard, Boban, Donadoni, Ancelotti, Bresi, Maldini, Costacurta, Desailly.  This squad blew out Cruijff's Barca 4:0 in the Champs League final.  That Barca team was not short of stars for themselves, featuring  Romario, Stoichkov, Laudrup, Guardiola, Koeman.

Being a fan of the beautiful game also make me to follow a player or a club that expresses the game in that style.  That's why I such a geek about the Brazilians.  Robinho is my favorite player of all time.  And now days he alone makes me cheer for Real Madrid.  If Robinho is playing for Barca, Barca would be my favorite team by far, not even close.  I feel so bad for Robinho.  The boy can't get a break.   Making the transition from Brazil to Europe is never easy for an youngster, especially for a club like Real Madrid.  Even Romario, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho had less pressured transitional periods with clubs like PSV and PSG.  And then Pele, god himself asked Robinho to stay with Santos in Brazil, Brazilian media acted like jilted lovers, his mother gets kidnapped in Rio.  And after he arrives, Real goes through 5-6 coaches in his first year adding to the instability.  He doesn't get to play much in WC 06 because Parreira is still scorned about how Robinho embarrassed his team Corinthians when Robinho was only 18.  Real finally find some stability with Capello but Capello wanted to play more physical style and prefers Owen and Cassano over him.  Robinho finally works his way up Capello's trust and be an integral part of their late surprise surge in La Liga to lift the trophy but they fire Capello and now his gotta prove himself all over with the new coach Schuster, even after winning Copa America with B squad and outplaying Messi last summer.  My patience is about to run out.  Real Madrid clearly a better team with Robinho on the field, but if Schuter prefers Sneijder, Robben, Saviola, Raul over Robinho, fine!Angry  Just let him go somewhere else then!  Alright, it's time to take a break for me.Pinch     

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 06-Oct-2007 at 19:46
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2007 at 20:42
Real managed to stay at the top for another week, though Barca is so ready to take over now.  Van Nistelrooy is staying hot from midweek Champs League scoring streak.  Higuain's goal was beautiful though.  He got the goalie on one on one, faked to the right, goalie bites the dust, he just tapped it in with left foot, a playstation stuff.

Barca looked great and what do you know, Ronaldinho played great even looked happy for a change.  That give and go with Messi to set up Messi's goal was amazing.  Deco played great game also.  With Yaya Toure and Marquez out, those two little guys, Xavi and Iniesta operating in the central defensive midfield was so intricate too.  Milito also played well in central defense leaving his usual left wingback to more talented Abidal.  And Messi, he just leave you all mess(i)ed up. 

Valencia took one on the chin from Espanol.  As I've mentioned before Espanol is known for doing this to bigger clubs.  Tamudo was the ninja sniper again.

Villareal lost but stayed at 3rd place with Valencia's loss.

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 09-Oct-2007 at 17:42
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2007 at 22:56
I was surprised that Bara blew through Atltico Madrid so easily. The Spanish media was playing up the Messi-Aguero angle most of the week, but it looked to me like Aguero had a quiet game. Thus far it looks like bara has integrated Ronaldinho back into the fold without suffering too much. They managed to maintain their high octane offense, and Ronnie showed his savvy with that nice give and go with Messi. 
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 22:22
Barca and Real missed Ronaldinho and Robinho from their national team duty.  And both lost to Villareal and Espanol.  I couldn't watch Barca game for that ongoing broadcasting contract disputeAngry but saw the Real game.

Villareal is definitely the third best team in La Liga and Espanol is known for being the giant killer so neither upsets were that surprising.  I'm also glad that Tamudo is finally getting the national team recognition.

Valencia's win over weakened La Coruna is a big win for them.  Juaquin is finally living up to the expectation.  Just imagine if they still kept Aimar to play next to him. 

Speaking of Aimar, Sevilla and Zaragosa are the two most disappointing teams this year.  I've heard there is a locker room dispute between Aimar and D'alessandro.  What a waste of talents on that team.  Both are made to play well with each other if they can get over their egos.

Speaking of egos, I gotta finish this post with two Brazilian egos.  I was actually laughing when both Barca and Real lost this weekend without Ronaldinho and Robinho.  Real looked like a midlevel Italian club without Robinho.  It's kinda funny actually Real tied with Lazio in their Champs League game without Ronbinho and Lazio is precisely the midlevel Italian team.  Their offense is unimaginative and their just try to bully Espanol physically but Espanol is not the team to be bullied around by a giant.  Only time Real looked dangerous at all was when Sergio Ramos was pushing up and yes he scored the only goal for them.  They were lucky that Barca lost also but the pressure is now on Real.

So Robinho played an amazing game against Ecuador in Maracana which is the home of every Brazilian footballer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WsF1DncSgs&mode=related&search=
The reports say Robinho threw a huge celebration party that night renting a mansion for the party for $15.000.  Only time he was reportedly seen out side of the party that night was when he came out to pick up 40 contraceptives.tongue  Robinho is denying such allegations by saying he's got 5 month pregnant girlfriend he's about to marry.  I'm pretty sure Ronaldinho was there too and both (and Julio Baptista) missed the flight back to Spain in time for Friday training session.  That's why they couldn't play both clubs even though they were back in Spain by the game time.

Kaka also missed AC Milan's game and they lost to Empoli.  I don't know if he was at the party though.  Both Elano and Diego played for Man City and Bremen and led both team to victories this weekend.  I don't know if Vagner Love missed his club game or not but I'm pretty sure he was at the party.

Before I comment about the incident, I like to say first that what a party it must've been.  One can only imagine.

Yes, there is no excuse for missing the club duty for celebrating your national team with an wild party.  What about all the other European national team players?  They all played their Euro Cup qualifying games  too.  Some celebrated, some cried.  But they didn't have fly long way back home/clubs.  That itself is an excuse to rest the Brazilians for the weekend.  I think that could have been the case for Kaka and AC Milan.  I don't see Kaka in an wild party like that because he's known for being a devoted Catholic.   Well, Argentinians made back on time.  Their last game was on Tuesday, they had extra 24 hours to make it back to Europe.  What about Elano and Diego?  Well, I don't know about Diego, Elano actually didn't practice with Man City until the game day warm up. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is both Ronaldinho and Robinho have been getting alienated from their clubs all year long.  Some were even speculating that if both clubs are better without them.  And now they are gonna blame them for not being enthusiastic about being alienated?  Yes they are getting payed millions to do their duties for their clubs and there is no other way around that fact.  I can really speak for either of them but I see the tendencies from Brazilians that they value playing beautiful and playing happy just as much if not more than playing rich or playing to win.  Brazilian national team hasn't played a home game in Maracana in 7 years.  Most of this young Brazilian squad never were that yellow jersey in front of that crowd.  And they played Joca Bonita, Futbol Moleque.  For them that was the night of their communion in the cathedral  to carry the torch of the saints.   Most of them are lucky to make it out of favelas and live to see their 20th birthday.  And only thing kept them alive was to wear that jersey in that stadium in front of that crowd playing that game in that style.   So they partied their rocks off.  So did the Soccer God.

For Barca and Real, you can have all your Argentinians and Dutches, Brazilians are too happy to notice. 

Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 23:46
I agree Mu - having to fly around the world in a weekend puts a lot of pressure on the players.

Mu - Do you think that the added pressure of traveling partially accounted for the losses for Bara and Madrid? Both are very international teams... Also, how does Deco's thigh injury affect Bara?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 11:59
Originally posted by Kaysaar

I agree Mu - having to fly around the world in a weekend puts a lot of pressure on the players.

Mu - Do you think that the added pressure of traveling partially accounted for the losses for Bara and Madrid? Both are very international teams... Also, how does Deco's thigh injury affect Bara?

When Deco got injured they brought in Gudjohnson in that game.  And Gudjohnson also started against Rangers.  Gudjohnson is no Deco's replacement on either position or talent level.  I'm not saying that Gudjohnson doesn't have the skill sets or work rate to help out the midfield a little, but helping out and playing the spot for the most of game is two different animals.  Ideal replacement would be moving up either Xavi or Iniesta to Deco's spot (though neither are Deco caliber both are very capable filling in that spot which is more of their natural positions anyway) and bring in a more traditional central defensive midfield.  That would be Yaya Toure or Marquez.  Both are injured.  I don't know if they still have Edmilson or not, Kaysaar?  I think he's still with them but hurt also.  If they still had Von Bommel or Motta, they could come in for that spot too.  But obviously none of those options are available.  So bring in Gudjohnson is better option than Dos Santos or Krikic, least Gudjohnson brings in more size to throw around in the midfield. 

Of course, I would have done differently.   I would have started Sylvinho in right wingback for Thuram and pushed up Thuram to play more defensive midfield or even go with 5 defenders and let Abidal, Sylvinho, Milito to take turns to push up on attack.  I think that is better way to bolster both defense and the passing game gap created in Deco's absence.

P.S.  Next time anybody criticize Robinho and Ronaldonho's night life, they should simply say one word.  'Romario!'.    Yes, if he didn't party all the time he might have scored more goals.   Night life ruined Romario's career for sure.Wink
 http://sify.com/sports/fullstory.php?id=14549411

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 26-Oct-2007 at 12:08
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 15:39
Bara, like last season, seems to be suffering from a nasty bite by the injury bug. Hopefully they'll get it out of the way early this season so they can make a strong push later to challenge the upper-echelon of both leagues. Yes, they do still have Edmilson, but I believe he's injured too.

After watching the Rangers-Barcelona game, I think it was evident just how much the blaugrana missed Deco in the middle. He'd have helped them spread out the Rangers defender and give them more scoring opportunities.

Edited by Kaysaar - 26-Oct-2007 at 15:46
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2007 at 19:06
Both Real and Barca won.  But due to Valencia and Villareal losing to Sevilla and Zaragosa, Barca jumped up to 2nd place, starting to put pressure on Real.

Real started Saviola and Higuain but neither made any meaningful contribution.  When Raul came in he changed the game and scored the winning goal.  Robinho was pretty quite most of the game but he sealed the victory with cheeky walk around tap in goal and sucked on his thumb.  I think Saviola is more skilled player than Raul but gets lost out there trying to decide whether he's a play maker or target man.  Least Raul gets involved in more plays and when he gets a chance he finishes better than Saviola.  Guti's through ball to Robinho was world class.  Sometimes I wonder if Guti is a starter in elite club like Real but he does do one thing better than anybody slse on this team; giving the ball back to Robinho.

Barca benched Messi but they needed to bring him in to secure the win.  Come on, don't tell me they can't beat Almeria with just Henry and Ronaldinho.  Henry's starting to remind me of another former Anglo league top scorer ended up in Barca, Larsson.  They should have got Adebayor instead, he would've been cheaper too.  Yaya Toure came back and made Xavi and Iniesta's night little easier.

Best game of the weekend was Valencia vs Sevilla.  One of the most brutal La Liga game I've seen this year so far.  Valencia tried to physically bully Sevilla but Sevilla was very vibrant despite losing their coach this week.  Dani Alves is being his usual dangerous self.  So was Kanoute.  Good to see Fabiano is regaining his form too.  Poulsen also was big part of their offense.  Renato came in and contributed also.  It might be little to late for them to turn the ship around for the La Liga title but with all the things that has gone wrong for them this season they are still in good shape for theri Champs League group and they can still grab one of the four spots for next year.  They still have enough talent to be the dark horse in the knock out stage.

In house fighting Zaragosa sunk hot streaking Villareal.  Oliveira is scoring again and the other Milito played his best game so far. 

Both Sevilla and Zaragosa are still two most disappointing teams so far but wins against two good team this weekend show a little flash of hope.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 18:24
Midweek games:
Real Madrid 5:1 Valencia
Barcelona    1:1 Valladolid
Villareal       3:0 Levante
Atletico Md  4:3 Sevilla
Espanol       0:0 Murcia
Zaragosa    1:0 Alemeria

Some great and important games.

Robinho played another masterful game.  He set up the first minute goal by breaking down the defense dribbling towards the box drawing four defenders and laying it off to Raul who blasted it into the post.  He also set up Van Nistelrooy's second goal  and finished the gmae with his own goal  in his usual cheeky way.   Since his wild party in Rio and following suspension, he responded with 4 goals and 3 assists in 3 games.  Not to disrespect Ecuador or Olympiakos  but playing a great game against Valencia's defense is another level, though Valencia is going through a self imposed coaching crisis.  I do think they ended up with right man in Koeman but do they really think that they can hang with Real and Barca with new coach?  I just don't think you can blame Valencia's coach for being third in La Liga with that squad, now they are 6th.  Joaquin is a descent player but he couldn't do much until Heinze was guarding him after the game was decided.

Barca looked terrible against Valladolid.  But I do give Valladolid some credit.  They might be a new team in the bottom but they already beat Espanol and tied with Real Madrid and Deportivo La Coruna.  They play tough against good teams.  Bojan(Bojyan?, Boyan?, Bohan?) played center forward but I wasn't that impressed even though he hit the post once.  Iniesta was almost invisible whole game.  But one thing that baffled me most was Puyol on right back.   I know he has played left back  when he was younger  and capable of pushing forward than most people give him credit for but why suddenly?  When Valladolid broke through left flank the back line was moving one spot left to cover but Puyol was little behind covering back to center and allowed Llorente to have the first touch which bounce off of Valdez and went in.  That shouldn't have been a goal if Puyol was playing his natural position.  Barca was most threatening when thay move Bojan to flank and pushed up Ronaldinho in center forward spot.  Xavi made very Decoesque through pass to Dinho and he finished with Romario like flip over the keeper.

Ronaldinho, Messi, Henry, Eto'o all might be more talented than Deco and last three years all those four could been Footballer of the Year kind players, but Deco is Barca's team MVP in my opinion.  I actually didn't like Deco when he first arrived in Barca.  I thought he held the ball too much and fouled and get fouled too much.  But I see now the beauty of Deco especially in his absence.  That's just how he controls the tempo.  Who's been responsible for serving balls to Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o last three years?  Xavi and Iniesta are great at that too but Deco makes all those guys great.  And his defensive contribution is also overlooked.  When you get by a player in Barca's midfield, you can count on Deco to be there to either kick it out of bound or foul you.  Which is not pretty but necessary in Barca's wide open game.  He's like the best second defender on the ball, an insurance policy in the midfield.  In that sense I compare him to Nedved at his best which is Footballer of the Year quality.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2007 at 18:59
Robinho! Robinho! Robinho!

He had quiet couple of games against Sevilla and Olympiakos but he struck again this week against Mallorca.  Two goals and assist and he could had more.  Goals were great but the assist he made to Raul for the tying goal makes me say, 'only Robinho'.   Right before that goal, Robinho got the ball out on the left flank, he crossed it in but van Nistelrooy was double teamed.  I looked over to my friend and said, 'Hey, next time he gets the ball on same spot he's gonna dribble it in himself.  He's been crossing the ball in teamwork but when they are a goal down he's gotta call his own number.  He wasn't free to do that in this team but the way he's been playing he now has earned the license to dribble it in even in crucial moment of the game.'   Guess what happened next?   Robinho got the ball on the left flank dribbled it into box past two defenders.  The keeper came out and he dropped it off to Raul right in front of the goal, keeper out of position, an empty net.  All the criticisms, scandals and struggles, he was just fight for his right to play his style.  With all the coaches he went through in Real and all their efforts to turn him into more tactical Europen style, what eventually prevails is him being himself.  They should have just gave him the ball first day he got there and said 'Get on with it.  Do your thing!'.  It's amazing, only a month ago some people are wondering if Robinho was worth a 30 mil asset.  Robinho should tell them, 'Hey if I wasn't playing for Real past 3 years, I would be worth 80-100 mil by now.'

Barca, Barca, Barca.....
Okay, I'm not gonna go over Deco situation again but Puyol on right back again?  I would dare them to put Puyol on Robinho when they play each other.  Didn't Thuram play right back when he was with Juventus?  Even Zambrotta can switch to right too.  Why Rijkaard, why?

Villareal put away surging Sevilla to stay within 1 point behind Real. 

Talk of D'alessandro moving to Portsmouth in EPL.  I think that will be a good move for him.  But if he wants to stay in La Liga he should consider Valencia or Villareal.  He could help either team tremendously.   
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 14:52
NOOOOOOO!!!!

My beloved Bara won against a struggling Valencia, but Messi is going to be out for about a month, missing about 7 games with a torn thigh muscle. All in all, I'm not that worried because Eto'o has played very well, scoring three times in the two games he's returned. Also, Bara's young strikers Giovanni dos Santos and Bojan Krkic should be able to partially fill his shoes.
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 22:03
Originally posted by Kaysaar

NOOOOOOO!!!!

My beloved Bara won against a struggling Valencia, but Messi is going to be out for about a month, missing about 7 games with a torn thigh muscle. All in all, I'm not that worried because Eto'o has played very well, scoring three times in the two games he's returned. Also, Bara's young strikers Giovanni dos Santos and Bojan Krkic should be able to partially fill his shoes.

And that was decisive for today's loss to Real. Without Messi Barca played shit. They have tried to beat Real with their individual skills, no team work but Real defence was too solid. Ronaldinho was very poor today, in Real Raul was even more poor, I've noticed him playing after 60 minutes.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 23:10
I was surprised they started Ronaldinho.

I think that given his lesser form, they should have started some of the younger players to give them the experience in such an intense game. I think that Rikjaard started Ronaldinho to try to show a solid front against all the Spanish tabloids, and I think it came back to bite Bara in the arse.
Cataln View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Cataln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2008 at 19:49
The only thing I think is that Atltico de Madrid needs a better defense.  >.>.  Scoring 4 goals to beat your enemy who scored 3 isn't normal, and it has happened in various ocassions.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2008 at 20:13
After speaking with some friends who watched el Clsico, they pointed out to me that to them it looked like Bara only fronted one striker for most of the game: Eto'o. Considering the amount of strikers on Bara's roster, there's not much of an excuse for that. Granted, Messi is injured and Henry and Ronaldinho are both fighting nagging injuries, but they still have some serious striking talent on their bench: Eidur Gudjohnson, Santiago Ezquerro, Bojan Krkic and Giovanni dos Santos. I don't see why Rikjaard didn't give some of the young players game time during the game when he (should have) noticed that his current lineup wasn't working. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>