Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga Espaola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: La Liga Espaola
    Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 16:52
I've just watched Sevilla Real game first half. Real is only background for Sevilla. I know its only one half but lookin at Real squad they have no stars except Casillsa and getting old Raul. They bought some Pepe for 30 milions euro LOL and in the squad they have rather mediocre players. Their forward look bad and defence even worse. I'm afraid that even Schuster can not make much of it. Perez transfer politics seems to be total disaster. What do You think? 
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 00:32
They picked up Javier Saviola, who was a solid striker for Barcelona last year. They already had Ruud Van Nistelrooy (one of the league leaders in goals), Robinho, and Canavarra.

Personally I hope that FC Barcelona trounces them this year.

Yo si le voy le voy al Bara!

Edited by Kaysaar - 12-Aug-2007 at 00:32
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 03:28
Originally posted by Kaysaar

They picked up Javier Saviola, who was a solid striker for Barcelona last year. They already had Ruud Van Nistelrooy (one of the league leaders in goals), Robinho, and Canavarra.

Personally I hope that FC Barcelona trounces them this year.

Yo si le voy le voy al Bara!

I think Barca won't have any problems with Real. They have Henry, Eto, Messi, Ronaldinho. It is dream team and Van Nisterloy is not playing. I don't know what is with him but He would be very useful in Real. Canavara is not as good as on the WC. Robinho is quite god but not as good as any of 4 Barca players. Their defence and middle is poor. Sergio Ramos and Balboa play on the wing. They are not good enough for Real. Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Helguera are gone. This is the end of Galacticos. Now we can call Barca like that.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 10:46
Unfortunately, I think that Real will be just fine. They managed to surge near the end of last season without huge participation from Beckham, Ronaldo, or Roberto Carlos. Although Madrid did start just lose to Sevilla in the Superliga cup...

I'm also very excited about the progression of the young forward Giovanni Dos Santos, who scored in all of Bara's games during the Asian tour. 
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 08:44
New coach and many transfers in and out, it's gonna take them some time to learn how to play with each other.   I don't know much about the new coach Schuster other than that he was a descent player and coached coached Getafe to La Liga's best defensive team last season.  Adding Robben and Sneijder brings the Dutch feel to this roster along with Van Nistelrooy.  With Robinho, Saviola and even Julio Baptista, does Raul still have a spot in this starting lineup?  But Raul is such a homer and he has excepted that he is no longer the 'go to' guy for this team so he's been dropping back a little to help out the midfield.  Actually both Sneijder and Raul has scored in their La Liga season opener against Atletico Madrid.
Emerson's out.  He never really fitted well in Madrid even under Capello. That leaves Diarra, Guti, Julio Batista, Gago for central and defensive midfield.  This group is the key to their success this season.  Defensively Diarra is lengthy and athletic but his ability to hold the ball or turning a good defensive play to instant counter attack is less than satisfying.  Guti, Julio Baptista, Gago all can help out the offense but I don't see any one of them as a 'lock down' defensive midfielders.  Where are you Makalele, Seedorf, Cambiasso, Geremi?  But I think their back line has improved from last season.  Roberto Carlos is gone but I thought he was getting old and predictable anyway.  Sergio Ramos was a sweet surprise from last season and he will be a Blanco for years to come.  I'm not sure that Pepe guy is really worth 30 mil but Metzelder and Gabriel Heinze with Cannavaro are pretty intimidating at least.
If I was Schuster with this roster, my starting lineup would be;

Van Nistelrooy
                                                                                      Robinho
                            Robben
                                                      Guti                Julio Baptista                                                   
                                         Diarra
                                                                                             Sergio Ramos
                  Heinze                                                                
                                         Metzelder           
                                                                       Cannavaro

Casillas

with Raul, Saviola, Sneijder, Iguain, Gago, Pepe and Dudek coming off the bench.  Woops, I forgot about Salgado but he's been so forgettable past few seasons.

Raul and Saviola are still good enough to be stars of any other team in the world.

Yes, Barcelona's front four is anybody's wet dream.  But where do you put Deco?  I'm not a huge Deco fan but he is great for what he does which is being the bridge between all their talented forwards/wingers and their defense.  Remember this, Barcelona didn't win any trophy last year not because they didn't have enough talents upfront.   Chemistry will be  the biggest concern for this team.    Almost too much talents for one ball to play with.  Even with Eto'o and Messi's injuries, guys like Saviola, Guily didn't see much of the ball.   And They didn't lose La Liga because Eto'o and Messi were hurt, they were still at the top by the time both got healthy.  This Barcelona team does look more like the Galacticos and we all know what happen to the Real Madrid's Galacticos when Beckham and Owen joined them.

I'm torned.  Barcelona is my favorite team but Robinho is my favorite player.  And Ronaldinho is the second favorite.  It would be great for me if Robinho and Messi switched teams. 

I don't know. It would be crazy to think Real Madrid can have better season than Barca  but that is exactly what happened  last season.   But in the end, winning La Liga requires more consistancy throughout whole season than winning Copa Del Rey or even Champs League.  Winning the league is just  much harder for a team who has to implement a new system with new coach and many new players.  So maybe if they can have a couple of lucky game in the early rounds of Champs League, they might be able to put it together by the time later rounds come around, just like AC Milan last season.

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 26-Aug-2007 at 15:00
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 17:04
WTF, Barca tied with Racing!  They didn't start Henry or Deco but they both got subbed in 2nd half.  I'm telling you Deco is the bridge of that team.  But still, they had 76% possession and Racing was a man down after 67th min.  But still Racing had more shots 14/13 and more on target 5/3 and they threatened a couple of times even after they lost a man.  Henry did hit the post when he came in. 

Yes, yes, yes, it's just their first game and sometimes shots just don't go in and that's just the game of football and nothing you can do about it, they are gonna be fine, they are still the team to beat in La Liga and Champs League, blah blah blah........

But come on, haven't we heard that before?   'Oh, Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Raul and Owen, they are the team to beat, they don't need Makalele, Cambiasso, Geremi, blah blah blah.........'  How many trophies did Beckham win with Ronaldo, Figo and Zidane?   Zero.  What happened after the Galacticos got split up and Van Nistelrooy and Robinho arrives?  La Liga title out of nowhere.

Why NBA Dream Teams have been struggling past few years?  Because they didn't have enough talents?   It's hard to assemble a dream team and still keep them together as a team.  Look at Yankees, they haven't won anything in 7 years.  Are the Yankees of past few years have less talents than the Yankees dynasty of 90's?  That Lakers team lost to Pistons had Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone and Gary Payton, even though Malone and Payton had their best days behind them, but as the 3rd and 4th option for that team?  There was no conceivable way that Lakers team could not only lose but get creamed by Pistons, a team full of the rejects and the reformed.  

A team is an organic entity, not a stack of big contracts, headlines and marketing reports.

OMG, I'm slowly becoming Anti-Barca.  I should read more about Franco as remedy.  
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 20:51
I'm disappointed with Barca's first outing. They seem to be picking up right where they left off at the end of last season, with lack-luster play. I hope that Rikjaard gave them a thorough tongue lashing following the game. I was decently optimistic following their pre-season games. Fortunately this funk is happening at the beginning of the season rather than in the midst of a title chase. I think that as the season progresses the players will settle into their roles.
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 09:35
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

OMG, I'm slowly becoming Anti-Barca.  I should read more about Franco as remedy.  

LOLLOLLOL

I think Barca will be alright this season especially if Henry plays anything near like he was at Arsenal.

Real should have a good year this year will make an interesting league with them and a hopefully strong Barca challenging for the title. Real made some good signings in defence with Metzelder and Heinze and they already have Casilas and Cannavaro so they should be really strong there.

Edited by Fdhla - 27-Aug-2007 at 09:35
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 10:31
Yes, Barcelona will be fine.  I was just getting heated up for the new season.  What's up with the broadcasting rights dispute in Spain?  That's pissing me off even more.  Greedy Bastards!  I'm afraid that major football broadcasting coverage will slowly become more like Boxing coverage, Pay Per View, and have the same affect on the sport.  They just hook you on it and take it away like a dope dealer.  I've been lucky though.  Between Gol TV, Fox Soccer Channel, Setanta, I'm getting Spanish, Italian, German, English, Dutch, French, Scottish, Brazilian, Argentinian, Mexican, American,  Uruguayan,  Paraguayan,  Colombian,  Ecuadorian,  Bolivian,  Guatemalan,  El Salvadorian, Honduran  League games.  Also getting Japanese and Australian highlight shows.  If I had Portuguese, Greek, Turkish and Russian League, I'd be complete. Of course there is always a game on my  TV but between busy schedule and a girlfriend, I'm lucky to catch three full games a week.  But all those don't mean much if i don't get my Real and Barca.

It's just gonna be a great season.  So many layers of rivalries, Real vs Barca, Robinho vs Ronaldinho, Robinho vs Messi, The Future of Brazil vs The Future of Argentina, Henry vs Van Nistelrooy, Puyol vs Cannavaro, Sergio Ramos vs Abidal......  Long Live Football!

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 29-Aug-2007 at 10:39
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 16:35
Well after few match the things are very well for Real Madrid and we have luck in some new players: Snejder is wonderful!!, Metzelder and Heinze are very good defenders that work well with Cannavaro and Ramos, Ral is come back (!), Van Nistelroy hasn't lost his supreme quality for goal and Guti now have more time in matchs... so, here we going!
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 17:00
I don't know but... Real Madrid reminds me something of 12th century's Byzantium. Capable roster , poor offensive abilityCry

As it seems this will be a good season for Real.

Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 17:13
Well after Capello Age, Real Madrid have many characteristics of the italia as phisical power, defensiveness etc But the german Bernd Schuster have gone with an offesive view of the football and many offensive guys. I don't want to say lies, RM is far from a good play for, for example, go until the semifinals of Champions League.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2007 at 12:35
Originally posted by Majkes

I've just watched Sevilla Real game first half. Real is only background for Sevilla. I know its only one half but lookin at Real squad they have no stars except Casillsa and getting old Raul. They bought some Pepe for 30 milions euro LOL and in the squad they have rather mediocre players. Their forward look bad and defence even worse. I'm afraid that even Schuster can not make much of it. Perez transfer politics seems to be total disaster. What do You think? 

Hey, how does that foot in your mouth taste?  Bit salty?  Don't be mad.  If you wanna start a thread with such hateful title and post, you should be able to take one as well.   Come  on, truce?Hug
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2007 at 18:48
Strange week for Brazilians in La Liga.  Barcelona played two great games against two good teams(Sevilla 2:1, Zaragosa 4:1) without Ronaldinho in both games.  With rumors of Ronaldinho being not happy with Rijkaard and possible jump to Chelsea looming, Barca actually looked better without him.  I wonder if it will alienate him even more.  Of course Spanish media will do their part.  Messidona was amazing.  So was Deco and Iniesta.  As talented as Eto'o, Henry, Messi, Ronaldinho are it's Deco, Xavi, Iniesta are the guys typifies their style.  They keep the ball on the ground in the midfield which sets Barca and La Liga apart from any other league.  With Eto'o and Ronaldinho's injuries Messi and Iniesta sees more balls than ever and their attack is more focused than the first month of this season.  If Ronaldinho is getting more alienated as the season goes on, I would rather see him leave for his own sake.  Henry is looking better but more as the 'last passer' than the finisher.  Overall this was a huge turn around week for them.

Real Madrid struggled against Valladolid(0:0) and got lucky against Real Betis(2:0).  Maybe the soccer gods are punishing me for getting nasty on Majkes.  The Lords work in mysterious ways.  I'm sorry, Majkes.  Schuster rested Sneijder against Valladolid and their offense looked very disconnected.  I have to give Valladolid some credit though.  They really came to play.  Real Madrid is Sneijder's team now like Barca is Messi's and Schuster proved that point by not playing him.   However the next game against Betis they started Sneijder and Saviola and benched my boy Robinho but that didn't work much better either.  Raul got lucky with a harsh penalty call but they still struggled.  They finally brought in Robinho, Robben and Julio Baptista for Saviola, Sneijder and Higuain and the offense opened up.  Julio Baptista scored a beautiful bicycle kick.  So perhaps the lesson of the week was that they should play Sneijder, Robinho and Robben together.  But where does that leave  the homeboy  Raul?  As much as I think Raul is outskilled by Sneijder, Robinho, Robben and even Saviola, he's such a hard worker and a national hero.  And even tactically he often gets calls that other foreign stars might not get in La Liga. 

I can understand what Schuster's doing.  This is the most grueling part of schedule for all the Europen elite teams with Champs League games and midweek league games.  He's just trying to rest some of his stars and experiment  with  his squad while his team still has some early lead in the standings.  It's nowhere close to a crisis but the honeymoon is over.  It's time to get to some real work.

Villareal is continuing their success from late last season.  They are 12W 1L 0D in last 13 La Liga games dating back to the last 8 game from last season.  Their only loss was handed by Real Madrid(0:5).  Carzola is making the fans say 'Riquelme, who?', and Giuseppe  Rossi has 4 goals already.  Other big club rejects like Jon Dahl Tommason and Robert Pires are contributing as solid veterans and even Cygan has been revived.  Senna's been one of the most underrated central defensive midfielders in the world, a poor man's Seedorf.   Can they hang with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Valencia, Zaragosa and Atletico Madrid for entire season?  Injuries and depth would be key for the low budget overachieving teams. 

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 28-Sep-2007 at 18:51
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2007 at 21:19
Methinks it might be time for an actual Liga thread...

Either way, I was very pleased with Bara's play this past week. I'm a huge Ronaldinho fan, but I share Kang's apprehension about his return. Bara thrives when players like Deco, Xavi and Iniesta control the center, and then set up the strikers. Just look at the number of total shots by Barcelona. They took 25 shots against Zaragoza, and were it not for the skilled play of their goalie, the score easily could have been 6-1 rather than 4-1. However, in most of their previous games, they mustered less than half of that amount of shots. I guess the biggest test will come this Tuesday when Bara faces Stuttgart , as Ronaldinho will be back.

EDIT - I hope that Rijkaard will be quick to realize whether or not Ronaldinho's return is effective on Tuesday, and that he doesn't push his luck to keep the Brazilian happy.

Edited by Kaysaar - 28-Sep-2007 at 21:52
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2007 at 20:19
As soon as I said Henry looks better as 'the last passer' than a finisher, he had to go on and do a hat trick.   The foot is served in my mouth.  Good for him. Messidona scored a beautiful goal again.   Now they've played three great games in a row without Dinho after struggling with him in the earlier games, more pressure is built for him to play even better when he comes back.  I can see already, first bad game with him, Spanish media will say they are better without him.  The thing is though they are better with less but more focused talents.  
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2007 at 03:03
I think that Champions league games are not the time to experiment with reintegrating an "injured" teammate. I think that Rijkaard should stick with what has worked for Bara for the last three games, at least until/if they build up a lead against Stuttgart. After they have a cushion they should sub in Ronaldinho.

At the very least, let him prove himself against some Liga opponent, where they have more time to recover from a loss/tie should it not turn out well.
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2007 at 17:46
Seems Real is not that poor as I thought so maybe we should change the title for Primera division or La Liga.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2007 at 18:19
I agree, Majkes.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 09:25
On multiple demand, this thread was renamed.

Although nearly everyone knows, that spanish can't even play football..Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>