Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

English Premiership Football..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English Premiership Football..
    Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 12:47

....kicked off today!!!!!!!!..hooray!!!!Clap..at last, it felt like a particularly long wait this time round and of course i will be rooting for my team Chelsea (boo!! hiss!! he's behind you!!  etc etc) so i will be deflecting the usual round of 'Russian' jokes/bought trophies/money criticism/comments as be the norm at the start of every season since Uncle Roman took over...OuchOuchOuch..

..still, should be a good season, plenty of new talent arriving in the Premiership, one or two, maybe even three teams look set to challenge the Manure,Arse, Chelski, Scouse dominance...and all the better for it...Big%20smile..

..anybody care to comment? make some predictions? generally comment in a positive way about the new season?...

..will also be keeping an eye on the Championship Division to see if Crystal Palace can drag themselves back into the top flight, no particular allegience u understand, its just my best mate supports them and it makes for an interesting weekend when Chelsea meet Palace!!!
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 14:35
Who is "Scouse" - Is it Liverpool? Who do You support Oblivion? I like Man U and Liverpool. I hope Chelsea will lose again cause I don't like them to much because of their style and Mourinho.  Looking at the squads I think Man U has the biggest chance to win the League. Man City can be the biggest suprise.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 14:51
Originally posted by Majkes

Who is "Scouse" - Is it Liverpool? Who do You support Oblivion? I like Man U and Liverpool. I hope Chelsea will lose again cause I don't like them to much because of their style and Mourinho.  Looking at the squads I think Man U has the biggest chance to win the League. Man City can be the biggest suprise.

..Hello Majkes...

..yes indeed, 'scouse' is Liverpool, just a friendly 'footballing term' for the Reds..!!Big%20smile...and i support Chelsea!!!!!...but it seems i am in the minority on this forum!!!...of course, i think Chelsea will win the title this season, i always do, even pre-Abromovich years!!!..its blinkered following of my team (for some 33 years now)...you have to believe that your team will win...no good thinking they will lose!!!...i think Man Utd will always be there and abouts, all the while Sir Alex is in charge anyway....i have a personal outside bet with a mate that Newcastle will finish in the top four this year....hopefully, this season will be more competative, makes for an exciting footballing year!!...
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 15:22
Hey Oblivion! Being a Chelsea fun is not a crimeBig%20smileyet .
I think Chelsea will fight with Man U for the title. I like You hope for more competition. Maybe Newcastle or Man City and of course Arsenal and Liverpool will be ready to compete with Chelsea and Man U. Who do You can join to fight for the top of the league except teams I mentioned? 
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 15:43
Walk On, WAAAALK OOON
With hope in your heaaaart
AND YOU'LL NEEEEEVEER WAAAAALK... ALOOOONE!
 YOU'LL NEEEEVER WALK ALONE...

LIVERPOOL!!! LIVERPOOL!!!

Heart

Edited by Frederick Roger - 11-Aug-2007 at 15:43
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 17:04
Originally posted by Majkes

Hey Oblivion! Being a Chelsea fun is not a crimeBig%20smileyet .
I think Chelsea will fight with Man U for the title. I like You hope for more competition. Maybe Newcastle or Man City and of course Arsenal and Liverpool will be ready to compete with Chelsea and Man U. Who do You can join to fight for the top of the league except teams I mentioned? 

...its not a crime????..oh good, then maybe i can go back to enjoying the sport i love just for the sake of fun and enjoyment without having to put myself in the dock, year after year regarding Chelsea FC!!!!!... Big%20smile..

....when i mean competative, i don't think there is anyone else in the running for the actual title other than Chelsea or Man Utd, ....

....i do not think that Newcastle and Man City would be able to win the title, not for some years, but along with the likes of Everton, possibly Tottenham and maybe Bolton, such teams could certainly put some pressure on the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd when it comes to securing the top 5 places at the end of the 2007/08 season.....that pressure should ensure that the top teams up the tempo and footballing quality in order to win....

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 17:06
Originally posted by Frederick Roger

Walk On, WAAAALK OOON
With hope in your heaaaart
AND YOU'LL NEEEEEVEER WAAAAALK... ALOOOONE!
 YOU'LL NEEEEVER WALK ALONE...

LIVERPOOL!!! LIVERPOOL!!!

Heart

..ha ha ha ha!!!!! FR!!!!....god, as a Chelsea fan i am sick and tired of playing Liverpool..a couple of my mates are 'pool monsters and they are sick of Chelsea, can we agree not to turn up on the elected days and save both sets of fans a bucketload of anxiety!!!!
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 06:00
I watched the downfall of Leeds United, where i once (30 years ago ) watched a match during my stay in wakefield.

Now my sympathies are for Arsenal and Tottenham. And I'm a fan of the saints, which are playing in the Championship league.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 13:59
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

I watched the downfall of Leeds United, where i once (30 years ago ) watched a match during my stay in wakefield.

Now my sympathies are for Arsenal and Tottenham. And I'm a fan of the saints, which are playing in the Championship league.

..yeah, what the hell has happened to Leeds??..once a great team and they should be up there in the Premiership...looks like they are going the way of Wimbledon....

...i would not say i have a soft spot for Southampton, but one of my all time great and favourite players was Matt Le Tissier...scored some fantastic goals!!!Clap...

..btw..Chelsea won this weekend (after a struggle)..

..Arsenal won (after struggling more slightly )

..and Manure drew against Reading!! (after a monstrous struggle)...Shocked...still, Chelsea have to play Reading this coming Wednesday, and then we have Liverpool next weekend..groan...Confused...
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 05:15
Man City were really impressive against the Hammers but the two great dark horses this season are in the north east - Newcastle and Sunderland.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 06:03
Originally posted by Parnell

Man City were really impressive against the Hammers but the two great dark horses this season are in the north east - Newcastle and Sunderland.

..will agree with you about Newcastle, i think i mentioned earlier that i have an 'outside' bet that Newcastle will finsih in the top four...looking forward to Sunderland V Man Utd game!!!!!!....
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 06:37
I don't think Man Utd struggled really - they were fairly organised and never really looked threatened. Not forgetting Reading are an established side that came 8th last season.

Chelsea looked really disorganised and were never comfortable in their game, playing against a team who are inexperienced in Premiership football. They gave away two fairly easy goals, defended pathetically and even Cech didn't look on form.

Arsenal were terrible, fulham are going to be relegated this season and Arsenal were terrible.

This season I still think Man Utd or Liverpool will win the league. Relegated - Fulham definately, Middlesborough and another one of the smaller teams  Derby maybe or West Ham.

And yes, supporting Chelsea should be a crime. So should supporting Man City and any other teams using 'funny money'.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 11:09

Its funny how so many chelsea 'die hard' fans have come up out of the woodwork since they started splashing hundreds of millions about..Dead

the 'pool for me
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 11:56
Originally posted by Dolphin

Its funny how so many chelsea 'die hard' fans have come up out of the woodwork since they started splashing hundreds of millions about..Dead

the 'pool for me

..quite possibly, but i am not one of them...Wink!!!!...33+ years a follower of Chelsea and still going strong, been with the team when relegated, promoted and relegated again..nothing diminshes at all for me...its my team through thick and thin....

...i am not that interested in the 'politics' of sport to be honest, its there of course, in most sports, but i love the game, played it, brought up with it, and my allegience to my team is part of me and my background, and a big part of my small but perfectly formed English social circle!!!.....people can bang on about the 'rights' and wrongs' until their (Chelsea?) blue in the face, bleet away.....Wink..football is for enjoying and no bugger is going to ever spoil that for me!!!!.... 
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 12:24
Rooney out with another broken foot bone - he really needs to get stronger boots..Thats annoyed me, I know i 'support' Liverpool, but I think Man Utd are the most exciting looking this season, and was looking forward to seeing Rooney. Ah well. Crouchy will have to do.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 12:42
Originally posted by Dolphin

Rooney out with another broken foot bone - he really needs to get stronger boots..Thats annoyed me, I know i 'support' Liverpool, but I think Man Utd are the most exciting looking this season, and was looking forward to seeing Rooney. Ah well. Crouchy will have to do.

..i agree about Rooney's boots!!!...broken toes/ankles/etc have always been around but it does appear to be on the increase?..well, with Wayne it does....unfortunate for Man Utd, but they will have Tevez, but even more unfortunate for the England squad..Confused...

..have soft spot for Peter Crouch which has everything to do with his appearance and nothing to do with football!!!..LOL....still, if Torres lives up to his potential and avoids the 'Shevchenko Syndrome' then you should expect some exciting stuff from the new boy...btw...Gerrard's free-kick goal at the weekend was a cracker, inch perfect, that lad knows how to come up with the goods when needed...great goal... Liverpool will be up there at the top (according to my 3 Liverpool mates!!!)...
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 12:43
I heard the world best keeper made a minor mistake?

Arsenal could be champion, if the only hadn't Jens L. Clap

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 12:48
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

I heard the world best keeper made a minor mistake?

Arsenal could be champion, if the only hadn't Jens L. Clap

..yes indeed, it certainly was a bad slip up..after 57 seconds of the kick-off.....i felt embarassed for him..Embarrassed...he's known for these type of mistakes, and in front of all those people!!!.....that would crush me forever, i would have to go into hiding...or at least join West Ham....Wink
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 15:52
Originally posted by Parnell

Elano could be for Man city what Diego was for Werder Bremen last season. 
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 23:12
Torres lives up to his potential and avoids the 'Shevchenko Syndrome'

To be honest, Torres is completely different. Torres is a awesome player with bagloads of potential. Shev was just an old player, over rated and over valued, it was no suprise that he couldn't cut it.

Elano could be for Man city what Diego was for Werder Bremen last season.

Elano is ok, I'm not that convinced by him though - his main football experience is Shaktar Donetsk and he was never impressive for Brazil.

Rolando Bianchi is one to watch though. He scored more goals than Mutu and Toni in Seria A last year... for a fairly average side.

But no one wants them to do well - Sven Sven Sven!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>