Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

English Premiership Football..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English Premiership Football..
    Posted: 01-Oct-2007 at 18:08
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Chelsea struggled against Fulham.  Their lineup was the most retarded line I've ever seen.  I was like Makalele with five forwards.  Drogba, Sheva, Kalou, Joe Cole and Sidwell, none of them are really a central midfielder, not to mention defensive central midfielder, are they?  Just because you put in more forwards doesn't mean that you are gonna play more attacking game.  You need players that are more used to chase down the ball, create turn overs and turn that into offensive opportunities. It's like watching Oliver Twist, 5 orphans waiting in line for the ball to be served, '...food glorious food!...'. 

Ok, Mikel was probably out for that red card from Man Utd game.  You might consider resting either Lampard or Essien for the midweek Champs League match against Valencia, but not BOTH!  Even then, where were Shawn Wright Phillips and Ballack?  Were they all hurt?  That has to be the only feasible explanation.  Malouda also should have started but when they subbed him in it was for Ashley Cole who would've been the most capable provider on the field at the time.  Let's say Drogba, Sheva, and Joe Cole can play effectively together as two forwards and a winger(which is a bit of stretch in itself), you don't add two more forward/winger type players after that. 

..hmmm...not sure i could really add to that, have to agree with most of your points there...although Sheva looked more dismal than you generously suggested, he really looks like he has lost his legs completely and his previous masterly touch has all but gone up in smoke...i was one who was willing to overlook the initial faults and put it down to 'settling in', but it seems now that the man's skill has just 'gone' and i cannot make any excuses for him...what on earth has gone wrong for him???...damn bloody shame, because he was one of my fav players of all time...at a stretch, Joe Cole could play in the central midfield but only if Wright-Philips could play on the right wing and Ashely Cole was allowed more freedom to roam up front on the left wing, and to be fair to Mr Grant, he does appear to be letting him play a more attacking role, but the team is let down by mediocre displays up front..it does not really matter who is crossing in the balls if no bugger can put the ball in the net.....

..oh well though....not doom and gloom yet (apart from Avram's facial expressions), but things have certainly moved backwards, its not over yet, and i am sure Chelsea will pull a trophy out of the bag by the end of the season, but it may take yet another season for Chelsea to establish the credible form needed to be 'up there' in the Champions League fraternity....
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 21:41
The only feasible explanation was actually the right explanation.  Just saw it in Sky Sports reports that Lampard, Essien, Ballack and Shawn Wright Phillips were out with injuries for that game.  So I can't be that harsh on Avram though he still should have started Malouda for that game.
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2007 at 21:45
Both Liverpool and Chelsea struggled but escaped with win.  Good to see Lampard back though.  Sidwell and Kalou contributed.  See what happens when they are playing their natural positions.  With Lampard, Makalele, Malouda solidifying the midfield, they just need Drogba, Essien, Shawn Wright Phillips healthy and they will be back on their usual form.  Considering what's been going on past month or so, I think Chelsea have weathered the storm and starting to right the ship with fairly minimal damage.

Fernando Torres saved Liverpool with 90th min header.   I wanna see more of Benayoun and Sissoko over Pennant and Babel.   Also Voronin over  Kuyt.  I would go with Torres, Voronin, Benayoun, Gerrad, Sissoko, Xabi Alonso with Macherano dropping back to central defense or right back.

Tevez is finally making his impact on Man Utd's attack.  Anderson also played great game.  Nani might have better striking ability but I prefer Anderson'a vision from the midfield.  Just like Chelsea Man Utd doesn't need more striking ability on the field.  Rooney and Tevez are very similar, strong, wide shouldered, low gravity hard workers.   Nani and C. Ronaldo are similar, lengthy, silky, dribbler, snipers.   Any three of the four combination would be fine  but not all four on the field.  Plus when Saha is healthy he should be a starter also.  I would go with  Saha, Rooney,  C. Ronaldo,  Anderson, but that's just me.

Elano blasted two more bombs this week.  Sven said Elano is actually getting fitter and stronger since he arrived in EPL, hitting the gym for physical EPL style.  That's scary.  You can't call this Brazilian melodramatic fragile showoff.

Watching Adebayor and Van Persie together I can't help thinking where have I seen this before?  Oh yeah, young Henry and Bergkemp together?
Arsenal is so good that Gilberto Silva can't make the starting lineup.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2007 at 19:06

...another win for my team Chelsea this weekend....Praying...2-0 against Middlesbrough...not really a bad start for Mr Grant and Co...four away wins i think?...cannot really argue with that, although Drogba's recent outburst in a French football magazine should get a few pigeons flapping.....apparently Did's always wanted to leave Chelsea from the moment he arrived??..must have been lost in the translation then...Ouch..

.."we wuz robbed"..came the cry from Everton fans...watched their game against Liverpool who eventually beat Everton 2-1.....however, it was yet another dire display in poor refereeing.....Sammy Hypia had put Everton ahead after a quite brilliant touch into his own goal.....but the scousers came back with a penalty after Gerrard was pulled back in the penalty area..it was a penalty and the Everton player was sent off...up steps Kuyt and pops the ball away......Liverpool were to get another penalty after Neville handled the ball while trying to do an impression of his teams goalkeper goalkeeper...up steps Kuyt again....duly puts the ball in the back of the net.....however, if you had seen the two-footed tackle that Kuyt had attempted earlier in the game, the man was extremely lucky to even be on the pitch to put the penalties away!!!....i don't think he was deliberately intent on breaking someones bones but his flying acrobatic leap in the air, akin to some martial arts expert must surely have warranted a red card for dangerous play....Eric 'kung fu' Cantona did more or less the same thing moons ago, albeit to a fan in the stands, but was heavily punished....Kuyt's may not have had the same ferocity but..well..you just had to see it really....Thumbs%20Down.....to cap it all, an Everton player was pulled back in the Liverpool penalty area right in front of the referee in the last minute of the game, which could have salvaged a 2-2 draw if a the correct decison was made, but the ref waved away the penalty which should have been!!!!.....

..the Arse dragged themselves out of a potential draw with Bolton with yet another masterclass of attacking football in the last 20 minutes of their game winning 2-0...Dead.....

..as i write, Manure are putting Aston Villa soundly to bed with a current thrashing of 4-1.....

Edited by Act of Oblivion - 21-Oct-2007 at 09:34
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 19:56
Good win for Chelsea indeed.  Healthy Lampard and Essien makes huge difference.  The lineup is now more similar to what Mourinho would put out.  Ferreira on leftback was bit shaky but I would still have him out there than Ben Haim if Ashley Cole is not available.  Belletti was underused in offensive end but he did his job in defensive end.  Alex and Carvalho looked good together allowing Carvalho to push forward at times.  Good to see Alex scoring that second goal off the free kick though it was rickashaded  twice.  Alex was known for having even longer range than his countryman Roberto Carlos.  Cate must know this from watching him in Dutch league.  He's legit threat from 45m +.  Only criticism I would give is they looked little cramped in the central midfield which was actually their strength.  That's why I think utilizing Shawn Wright Phillips and Ashley Cole into their offense is the key to having more balanced offense.

Both Liverpool and Man Utd got lucky with playing two men advantages.  Liverpool has golden chance to turn the team around against Arsenal next week but with 6 points behind the pressure is on Liverpool not Arsenal.

Van Persie is out for 6 weeks from the injury he suffered from playing for the Dutch nat. in mid week Euro qualifier.  Losing a plyer of that caliber always hurts the team but I think they can manage.  Walcott actually played a good game in his shoes.  They can move up Rosicky and use da Silva also.  Fabregas has been scoring more this season too.

Birmingham played another tough game against a good team but my boy Elano saved Man City again.  I know you guys are probably getting tired of me raving about Elano by now, but how could I not.  If it keeps this way and Man City end up in a Champs League spot, Elano should get not only the newcomer of the year but he should also get  the player of the year consideration in EPL.  Only thing worries me about them is that they are still thin compare to other top level EPL teams.  A big injury from one of their key players like Elano, Petrov or Richards would hurt this team more than Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal losing a star player.  If you are a midlevel team making a push towards the top level, not only you gotta play great but you also have stay healthy for the whole season which is not easy in EPL.  
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2007 at 18:19

....Party Time at the weekend!!!!!.....Chelsea 6-Man City-0.....Clap..

..yet another feather in Mr Grants hat...this chap is not doing so badly is he???...

..a draw between Liverpool and Arsenal helps my team out a bit...but Man Utd storm on with another 4 goals..i think that is 16 goals in four games.....Ouch....

..and who'd of thought Spurs would be nestled in the bottom three this season.....mind you, Martin Jol has been a marked man for some time now....
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2007 at 19:44
Congtrats to Chelsea and Act of Oblivion.Clap
I thought Man City would have a punchers chance but it seems there are lot of work ahead for them to really compete with the top four.  Man City came out strong and they could have went one up in first 15 mins. But Chelsea's strength their central midfield smothered  Man City's strength  my boy Elano all day long.   Man City is still a two men team of Elano and Petrov.  If you cut off their interaction rest of the team is might as well be Derby County.   In order for them to really challenge the top four, they need a proven striker and descent holding midfielder.  Maybe a wingback with some attacking skills too. 

So I hear Chelsea never netted 6 times in a game under Mourinho.  I don't want to take anything away from Chelsea's performance but Schmeichel wasn't the keeper and Man City didn't fold like most teams would when they go three goals behind.  They still tried to score but it spread them out even thinner.

Arsenal should have beat Liverpool in Anfield.  Both team could have scored more but Fabregas hit the post twice.  Torres is out for three weeks, the only bright spot for Liverpool this season.

Man Utd's high scoring isn't that surprising considering they are starting 4 forwards with Anderson.  Partially because Scholey is hurt but it just shows how versatile Anderson can be.  I'm still not a big fan of Nani but that boy can shoot some cannons.        
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2008 at 23:01
Big win for Chelsea tonight 6-1 against hapless Derby who are dead certs at this stage to go down. Arsenal still looking pretty on top even if both Chelsea and Man Utd have games in hand. Fabregas has been sensational this season must be in the running for player of the season.

It's going to be an interesting end to the season - one of the closest title races in years and a number of teams could still get sucked into the relegation. Exciting stuff.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2008 at 18:19
Originally posted by Fdhla

Big win for Chelsea tonight 6-1 against hapless Derby who are dead certs at this stage to go down. Arsenal still looking pretty on top even if both Chelsea and Man Utd have games in hand. Fabregas has been sensational this season must be in the running for player of the season.

It's going to be an interesting end to the season - one of the closest title races in years and a number of teams could still get sucked into the relegation. Exciting stuff.

..yes indeed that was a pretty decent win for my team Chelsea, although, in truth, Derby were appalling and their manager agreesDead...not sure if we can catch Arsenal or Man Utd, its very possible but Chelsea have been a bit up and down recently, being knocked out of the FA Cup by Barnsley has been the low point although Barnsley deserved to win and played so much better than some of the pampered 'stars' who ambled out for Chelsea...our progress in the Champions league looks more positive, what with four English teams in the running, however, i wil keep my fingers crossed for the premiership title but i think we will need to beat Arsenal and Man Utd when we face them in the later stages of the season to have any chance.......
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2008 at 20:58
Chelsea beat Arsenal and Man U beat Liverpool yesterday.  What a day, what a day...... 

Chelsea's midfield just manhandled Arsenal's.  Makalele is still the best in his position.  I still can't get over that Madrid let him go and got Beckham.   Even Ballack and Jole Cole were defending hard for Chalsea.  I liked Essien on right back also but it worked even better when they moved him up.  Substitutions were amazing but the ones got subbed out played great also, just change of tactic according to the score and the flow of the game for that moment.  Also bringing in the fresh legs.  And Drogba!  He was just simply monster in the second half.  Even though Arsenal scored first, they had nothing going through their oh so intricate midfield.  It seemed though they were gonna still one for a second but the subs changed the game.  I can't believe I'm saying this but Wenger got outcoached by Grant!  Wenger can cry about a offside but Chelsea took their game to them and Arsenal had nothing going other than Sagna's header.  Yes, that could have been a designed play but that's not Arsenal playing their game.  Van Persie was terrible and Hleb was swimmng in the middle.  Fabregas looked like a dancer in a Rugby game.  When Chelsea went ahead, I would have brought in Sendros to Push up Eboue just like Chelsea did with Essien.  Walcott was trying but Bendter and Diaby was useless.  Sometimes you bolster the front by adding on the back.   They had no wing play, left or right.  Eboue was stuffed in the back all day.  Why not take a jab with Eboue?  Nothing else was working.    Congrats for Act of Oblivion!  Chelsea has the easiest schedule remaining out of the top 4 teams including the home game vs Man U.  I say it ain't over until Rosie O'donell sings.  

Didn't get to see Man U game.  Saw the highlights and Macherano's red card seemed little harsh.  I never like either Kuyt or Babel, they should have started Benayoun.  What's up with not starting Riise and Hyypia?   
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2008 at 21:15
...Hello KK of Mu and welcome back to this thread, apart from my very occasional ramblings, the thread almost dies...!!!..your reflections and opinions, not to mention your insight are most welcome...

..yes indeed, it was a good day for my team...i thought Chelsea and Arsenal were playing quite well right up to the first goal, both teams seemed evenly matched and the football, while not brilliant, was certainly up to the billing...i did think before the game that the match might end up being a drab, fizzled out draw...but like i said, once Sgana's goal went in, Chelsea seemed to lift up their game...

...i was caught out by Grant's substitutions having thought Ballack, and especially Mekelele  were doing very well...seems Avram knew better than this arm-chair manager!!!....switching from 4-3-3 to the trusty 4-4-2 formation seemed to do the trick, and i think that your assesment of Arsenal after this change is right on the money, they seemed over-awed by a typical powerhouse Chelsea performance, but aided by some much needed tactical flair and consistency...this was one of the best performances i have seen from my team in a long while..not superb, but, justifiably good enough to beat an Arsenal team swimming with talent, it was exactly what was needed on the day...(shame we could not play like that against Barnsley in the Carling Cup!!Shocked)....and Drog's was great.....i hope he does not decide to leave at the end of the season...

..thanks again for posting KK..all the best...
..AoO.. 
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 04:56
Thanks, AoO.  It's good to be back.  I've so busy I actually haven't had time to watch too many games. 

I totally forgot about how Chelsea fans chanted 'Jose Mourinho' and 'You don't know what you're doing?' to Avram when he made the subs.  I had my doubts at the moment also since Ballack and Makalele were big part of their midfield dominance.  But which also meant they were working hard, giving everything they got.  With a goal down, moving up Essien meant replacing Makalele with younger and bigger Makalele likes to attack more.  Essien didn't have to spend much energy playing in right back because Van Persie was doing fine job defending himself.  Belletti may not be the best defender on right back but neither is Ferreira.  Belletti is fine attacking back though and has tendency to step up in a big game like Barca beat Arsenal in Champs League Final 2 seasons back.  I might have taken out Kalou instead of Ballack for Anelka but like I said Ballack did more than what he was asked of already.  The point wasn't about faulting the guys who were taken out.  It was more of bringing in the fresh legs for the guys who worked extra hard.  Only thing left me little curious is the status of Shawn Wright Phillips.  Is he hurt?  For me, he should be an everyday starter for Chelsea but could he have defended as well as Joe Cole and Ballack did?  Let's face it, a player like him fits Arsenal's style better than Chelsea's.  He's a kinda player who can remind Arsenal of their own style.  And trust me, nobody in Arsenal could remind themselves how to play their style.  That's how Chelsea won.  They forced Arsenal to play Chelsea game. 

BTW Whatever happened to Man City?   They should be the 5th.  They are better than Everton and Portsmouth with or without Benjani.

BBTW What happened to Leeds Utd?  Alan Smith!  Hate that guy.

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 25-Mar-2008 at 05:16
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 10:42
..hello again KK..

..from what i gather, Wright-Phillips is out injured with a bad ankle?..this would explain his absence from the Chelsea squad and also not being in Capello's named squad for the friendly against France this week...that is as much as i know right now.....it seemed to happen quielty which is a bit strange as Shaun has been a feature player this season and much improved from last year...shame...

.as for Man City..just seems like they have experienced a complete lack of form recently and went from Champions league or UEFA cup contenders to mid table middledom...i even caught some rumours that if City did not pick up, that Sven might have been for the chop???..however, i recall that Sven has asked for a significant amount of cash for new players next season which appears likely, and for now his job seems safe...i think maybe Man City are experiencing that 'end of season' malaise which effects teams like city in that the squad starts well while fit and able, but is not strong enough in depth to weather the final hurdles..injuries, lack of quality replacements/lack of season fitness towards the end etc etc...
...well, things are looking great for an end of the season finale regarding Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd....i knew we had to beat the Arse to stand a chance of regaining the premiership title, but we also need to beat Man Utd, and if Utd keep up their workrate, Chelsea will have to win every game right till the end....fingers crossed but i think it will be Utd who get the title, but hey, you never know!!!!!...

..btw...will be away from the forum for a few days, so if you post and i take a little longer than normal to reply, i am not being rude,  i just have  some other things i need to attend to first, i will be back here as soon as a can....until then...

..kind regards....AoO...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 16:24

..well, the big crunch game is fast approaching.....that is, Chelsea v Man Utd this coming Saturday which will probably either determine Utd's stranglehold on the Premiership title for yet another year or, i hope, providing Chelsea win, will allow a slight opening for the blues to steal the title away...

...Chelsea will have to win every game to the end of the season and Man Utd will have to drop points for this to happen...even if the blues reach equal points, Utd get the beers in for having a superior goal difference....its not totally unlikely though seeing as Utd could only manage a draw against Blackburn last weekend.....however, for most, it seems more likely that it will be Chelsea who will falter and thus leave the way for Manure to grab the Premier League trophy for this season...and if Chelsea really blow it, the Arsenal could sneak up and grab the second spot from us!!!!.......my fingers, legs and arms are crossed for my team Chelsea to do the honours!!!!!...

....mind you, there is the small matter of Chelsea playing Liverpool and Utd v Barca mid-week in the Champions League semi's!!!....could be in for a right interesting week in English football....

..all the best...AoO...
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 22:08
I didn't get to see much EPL this week, saw some highlights though.  Chelsea beat Everton as expected.  Bolton did their part by taking 2 points away from Man Utd. 

Looking at the remaining schedule;
Man Utd has Chelsea(away), West Ham(home), Wigan(away).
Chelsea has Man Utd(home), New Castle(away), Bolton(home).

Of course, the most important game is Chelsea vs Man Utd.  As AoO mentioned Man Utd has the tie breaker, but if Chelsea wins that game and tie up the points, we don't know what might happen after that. 

Although I like New Castle little more this year with the addition of Geremi(I would kept him over Ferreira) and I always liked Martins since his Inter Milan days but I don't see New Castle standing up to a superior team.    West Ham,  however,  I think has good chance turning it into least an emotional game against Man Utd.  Not only it's Tevez's former team but also it was Tevez who scored that winning goal against Man Utd to keep them above the relegation after all that controversies surrounded him last year.  Though, West Ham has faired well without Tevez and another whole season has gone by, West Ham has nothing else to play for except reliving the emotion of the game they had against Man Utd last season.  It's a tall order though.

Both Wigan and Bolton are seemingly easier tasks than  New Castle and West Ham, but Bolton tied Man Utd this week and Wigan tied Chelsea last week.  So nothing is  garrunteed.  

I'm not saying any of these four teams will make a difference.  I'm just saying watch out for West Ham.  If not, Chelsea can always beat Man Utd, 19:0.Tongue

I got to see little bit of Man City vs Portsmouth.  Good to see Benjani restraining from celebrating after scoring against his former team.  I know that happens quite often actually but it's always refreshing to see a good sportsmanship.  I've heard more rumors on Sven getting axed.  I'm all for it.  I give Sven credit for recognizing Elano and Petrov's talent from the beginning but he acted like he didn't know what to do with the treasures he stumbled upon.  This team should be right behind the top four. 

Hey AoO, are you hearing more of that Hiddink to Chelsea talk over there?  If Russia didn't make it to the Euro Cup, I would say Chelsea has good chance landing him.  Either way Abramovish is the one who's signing his cheque, so who know?  That is of course not to take anything away from Avram because he did better than anybody expected him to do.  He still has shot at EPL and Champs League this late in the season.  How many managers can say that?  Especially if he beats Liverpool in Semi, not even 'the Special One' has that on his resume.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 22:47
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

I'm not saying any of these four teams will make a difference.  I'm just saying watch out for West Ham.  If not, Chelsea can always beat Man Utd, 19:0.Tongue

..LOLLOL..well, would'nt that be a nice thing to happen!!!!!.......

..as for Guus becoming the next Chelsea manager..rumours are abound but only today, his agent stated quite categorically that he would be seeing out the remainder of his Russia contract which i believe ends in 2010 and that he wanted to finish his career at international not club level......it was also noted that Guus always see's out his contract obligations, but then again, i have learnt over the years that in football, words mean nothing, never ever believe anything until it actually happens!! ....my 's are on Frank Rijkaard coming to Chelsea next season, but like i said, never believe.....Wink
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2008 at 00:29
Guus' agent's statement reminds me ago a Mourniho comment from a month or two ago.  When he was asked about possible national team job like England or Portugal, he said that national team jobs are for the people who don't like to work much.  He is a special one, isn't he?  I do agree with him though. 

I do think Guus will see this Russian squad through the Euro Cup.  But what after then?   I don't know if he will stay with them until the World Cup though.   That could depend on how Russia does this summer.  I wouldn't be surprised if Guus takes the Chelsea job after the Euro Cup, if it's still up for grab.

Rijkaard would be also another good pick.  That will all be depending on how both Chelsea and Barca finish the Champs League.  If both end up in the final, both Rijkaard and Grant deserve to stay where they are.  But if Rijkaard is to end up Stamford Bridge, wouldn't it be nice if he brought a couple of his players with him, I don't know.... like some bucktooth Brazilian, and a pesky Portuguese, and a Cameroonian assassin?    I hear Ronaldinho will end up with AC Milan though.   And also I've heard Man City is interested in Eto'o, too.   What's the scoop on Drogba?  Is he gonna move Real Madrid?  What about Lampard to Juventus talk.  Alright, we are gonna have to start a summer transfer thread.

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 22-Apr-2008 at 00:32
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2008 at 00:45
...well, one of the rumours flying around here is that if Rijkaard jumps to Chelsea next season along with the three you mentioned already!!, the 'special one' will move into Barca and take Lampard, Essien and drogba with him!!!!...Lamp's contract has still not been renewed, Drogba has been quite open about his disatisfaction with Avram coming in, and Essien has hinted at a possible move next season.....?????.....

.....heard the Man City and Eto'o story as well although he has been linked with Chelsea as well if Drogba leaves???.....also speculation that Frank Ribery is considering coming to Chelsea as well....but then again, Chelsea are linked with every major possible transfer....i read today that Uncle Abramovich is preparing a 100 million spending package for next seasons buys...Shocked...
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2008 at 01:41
If Drogba leaves, I can't think of better guy to fill that spot than Eto'o.  Not as big as Drogba but still very physical with just as quick and accurate lightening triggers.  Also I think Eto'o is absolutely the best defending attacker in the world.  Yeah, guys like Rooney, Tevez help out the defense a lot, but the way Eto'o goes after the defenders when they have the ball is uncanny.  It almost remind me of full court pressure in basketball, like when teams can't even inbound the ball because Jordan and Pippen are running around crazy, trapping and cutting off the passing lanes.  Just ask Roberto Carlos.  He has served a couple easy ones to Eto'o.  then again, the La Liga defenders tend to hold the ball longer than the EPL defenders.

Ribery would be nice too.  His game is similar to Robben's actually, which Chelsea  never really filled that void.  Ribery is much tougher than Robben though.  It's more like if Robben went through a boot camp and had a big scar on his face, Robben would be more like Ribery.  I don't know if Bayern will let him go though.  The Germans seem to love this particular Frenchman.  Ribery also likes to defend up front.

Whatever happens, don't let go of Essien unless they are bringing in Seedorf or Viera.  I believe you can always find a guy to score 20 goals for you if the rest of the team is ready to produce a 20 goal scorer,(unless it's Shevchenko), but there are only 3-4 guys that can play like Essien and most of them are getting old.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2008 at 11:20

..well, the big match is about to kick off in about an hour and half......Chelsea V Man Utd and its quite possible that Manure could win the Permiership title on this game..but hey, i hope not!!!!!...Chelsea have to win, no ifs and buts, have to win.....and then hope that Utd drop points in their final two games.....its a hefty ask but its not over yet....and i hope the billing rises to expectations and provides a decent game...

..so i am now off to get my seat warm.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>