Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

English Premiership Football..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English Premiership Football..
    Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 17:01

..hello again...

...Chelsea and Man Utd both played games tonight...

...After being 1-0 down for the first half away to Reading, Chelsea took back the lead with two second half goals, the first by Frank Lampard and the second, by Drogba....final score 1-2 to Chelsea...Big%20smile

..did not see any of the actual games, but from what i gather Man Utd were 1-0 up against Portsmouth for the majority of their game, but it seems Pompey pulled one back...final score 1-1....

..Sven's men at Man City also won 1-0!!!.....i have one Manchester City fan for a mate, and he's dancing on the ceiling!!!..he can't wait for the Manchester derby!!!!!!
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 04:16
Frickin Chelsea won again, and barely a new player in sight...

Man Utd should have won, they were taking shots at will in the second half, but didn't find the net, so tough!

Ovidius, Shevchenko wasn't over-rated, look at his international, champions league and domestic scoring record. For years he was a machine in Italy, best player the world too once or twice. He just didn't like Chelsea's style, had lost a bit of pace, and found it hard to adapt to the much tighter English League.

I personally dont think Arsenal have a chance, Liverpool will push for second with Chelsea, and United will take it. But I'm willing to swap Liverpool with United any time
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 13:33

...Chelsea were fortunate to come away from Anfield today with a point after we were given a (admittedly dodgy) penalty decision....it was Liverpools game and they dominated the first half and went ahead with a Torres goal, the second half was scratchy and scrappy, Chelsea had their chances but were pretty poor today....Cry..so 1-1, still, a points a point and contentious decisions seem to be still part of the game...

..on a brighter note, Man Utd lost in the Mancester derby today!!!...
...1-0!!..my Man City mate was dancing on the ceiling but i have lost him, i believe he was spotted somewhere on some cumulus nimbus.... 

Edited by Act of Oblivion - 19-Aug-2007 at 13:38
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 16:38
Wonder what Murinho was saying after the game. Was he bashing a judge for judging against ChelseaWink?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 07:51
Originally posted by Majkes

Wonder what Murinho was saying after the game. Was he bashing a judge for judging against ChelseaWink?

..yeah, there is really no defence for awarding the penalty decision, it was poor..but being a Chelsea supporter i sit awkwardly on a rickety old fence!!!...its happened to Chelsea many times although for the sake of fairness, i would like, in an ideal world, such poor refereeing to be eradicated, which would probably be impossible, and then all teams will benefit..all the while there is no technology in place, then these things are going to happen...

..apparently, the referee in question will be dropped as an official for next weekends Premiership games...

Edited by Act of Oblivion - 20-Aug-2007 at 07:55
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 11:24
It was a disastrous decision but in fairness Liverpool can't complain. The same referee gave them an equally dodgy penalty last year which won them the match and last week they got another dodgy free kick that they scored their winning goal from and against Chelsea in the Champions League they were given a goal that wasn't a goal at all. I know its a cliche but these things tend to even themselves out over the season. And anyway if things like this didn't happen we'd have nothing to talk about half the time!

The one in the Fulham game were the ball crossed the line was probably worse imo, I'd say the linesman just completely bottled out on making the call.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 13:27
Originally posted by Fdhla

It was a disastrous decision but in fairness Liverpool can't complain. The same referee gave them an equally dodgy penalty last year which won them the match and last week they got another dodgy free kick that they scored their winning goal from and against Chelsea in the Champions League they were given a goal that wasn't a goal at all. I know its a cliche but these things tend to even themselves out over the season. And anyway if things like this didn't happen we'd have nothing to talk about half the time!

The one in the Fulham game were the ball crossed the line was probably worse imo, I'd say the linesman just completely bottled out on making the call.

..how true!!!...

....i did not see the disallowed Fulham goal, i missed the game highlights, but from what i gather, the 'goal' was in the dying minutes and would have salvaged a point for Fulham..... i think the linesman involved has also been suspended from next weeks games....ah...controversy in football eh?...
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 16:36
Ye it would have got Fulham a draw. It was clearly over the line the only thing in the linesman favour was that the Goalie caught the ball and threw it out fairly quickly but SKY did their thing where the computerize the footage and showed it from the linesman's position and there was no doubt that he should have seen it.

I think for things like that, where the decision is black and white was it a goal or was it not a goal, that some form of technology should be used be it a video replay or balls with computer chips.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Perun View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Perun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 08:28
Manchester United had a really poor start. They have problems with injuries, but at the other hand more was expected from Hargraves, Nani and Tevez...
Liverpool looks strong, and Chelsea seems to me more confident than in last season...I think they gained a lot with Ben Haim, Malouda and Pizzaro.
Gromovnik
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 16:58
Originally posted by Act of Oblivion

Originally posted by Majkes

..yeah, there is really no defence for awarding the penalty decision, it was poor..but being a Chelsea supporter i sit awkwardly on a rickety old fence!!!...its happened to Chelsea many times although for the sake of fairness, i would like, in an ideal world, such poor refereeing to be eradicated, which would probably be impossible, and then all teams will benefit..all the while there is no technology in place, then these things are going to happen...

..apparently, the referee in question will be dropped as an official for next weekends Premiership games...

According to the london paper, Rob Styles is on the Board of a company that Surfaced Mr Abramovich's driveway! I smell something rotten! :)

Anyhow, bad decisions happen all the time hehehe. The Gerard one last year was funny too!

As for the season "so far", I think Liverpool have been, by far, the most promising team. They have shown some real skill, good goals and played with passion. Chelsea, as always, have been blatently average with most players underachieving. Man Utd have played extremely well, but have been fairly unlucky. Man City have looked pretty awesome too though. They could do really well this year.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 14:10

...well, another weekend of Premiership football, and Chelsea go top of the league tableSmile with a 1-0 victory over Portsmouth who certainly made a good game of it, both teams had plenty of chances to score more goals, but Chelsea finally saw victory at the final whistle...

..and before Ovidius gets here, yes, Chelsea were dull, missed opportunities, played badly, underachieved, were lucky, paid for the goal, bribed the officials, bugged the Pompey dressing room, flew unauthorised bomber missions over the Portsmouth team bus, and were generally all round stinkers!!!!!!..there, will save you posting!!!!..LOLLOLThumbs%20Up

..still, i think Man Utd will probably hit their expected form tommorrow where i feel they may give Spurs a pretty good thumping...
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 04:31
what a goal by anderson..or was it nani? one of them anyway buried it..Martin Jol is in big trouble already
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 05:56
I think this year will be Chelsea's year again. They look like they are going to go through the year winning games by goals scored in the last ten minutes or so... ManU and Liverpool will fight for second, Arsenal fifth of maybe even sixth and I think a surprise package maybe in fourth (Maybe City if they buy even more players in January) Arsenal seem to be in a rut at the moment, they have some real quality but aren't bringing in enough of it. Dein left the club, Wenger is losing confidance, Henry left and they have no adequate replacement... Last season when Henry was playing well is a testament of how important he was to them
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 06:42
Originally posted by Dolphin

what a goal by anderson..or was it nani? one of them anyway buried it..Martin Jol is in big trouble already

..i belive it was Nani that scored Utd's winning goal, did not see it, but was informed it was a decent effort...

..also...SHOCK...HORROR..ShockedShocked...rumours persist that Ronaldinho is being tempted to join Chelsea after a poor start with Barca this season...apparently, reports suggest the 'man that sparkles' might conclude a deal by this coming Friday before the transfer deadline window closes??????...

...this will add fuel to Chelsea critics, apparently, there is a 85 million 'buy-out' clause in his current contract....would Abramovich pay that????..lets wait and see....afterall, its only rumours and footballing gossip eh?
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 06:57
Ronaldinho's not worth a penny more than 25 million, and if anyone pays more, they are plain stupid.
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 07:14
ROnaldhino is worth plenty of money, far more than 25 Million. Why if this was Footie Manager 2007, I'd pay 100 million for him!
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 07:22
But it's not, so he isn't. He's losing his pace, didnt show up at two world cups, and is 30 in a year and a half. No more than 25 million..
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 07:24
nah, your seriously wrong hi
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 09:23
Neither Anderson or Nani scored it was TevezWink

Chelsea got another hard fought win but once Lampard scores I don't mind have him on my dream team. I do hope Ronaldinho DOES NOT go to Chelsea it just wouldn't be fair.Cry Although I could see him struggling if he does go. I don't think Chelsea would suit his style of play.

It's funny that Riquelme is reportedly available at only a fraction of the price it would take to get Ronaldinho but no premier league team have been serioudsly linked to him. He's a player I'd like to see but could struggle too if he didn't go to the right team.

Arsenal had a good win too. They must be only team in the league capable of playing without centre backs. Fabregas was pure class! They will do well this year if van Persie can keep the scoring up.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 09:37
Tevez definitely didnt score, I know that for a fact. i Think it was nani..Hold on...

Yeah, Nani...an what a strike!

Edit: oh it took a deflection, I get ya now...Smile

Edited by Dolphin - 27-Aug-2007 at 09:38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>