Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Die Bundesliga Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Die Bundesliga Thread
    Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 22:44
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

On Saturday the grat revenge will take place, might be, or rather not, i think.
The Cup Final will see another Dortmund team.

btw,Koller is now playing for Nrnberg.

I just saw the highlight of Koller scoring against Wolfsburg this weekend.  He's still great.  You know what he's gonna do with his height but he's got some skills on those long legs too.  And the vision, simply higher than everybody else's.
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2008 at 18:58
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

So I have a question.  If the winner of DFB Pokal gets the UEFA Cup bid, what if the winner(Bayern Munich in this case) goes to the Champs League?  Do they take the runner up or the next in line in Bundesliga standing?  I think they take the runner up which would be Dortmund, I had hard time finding the info on it. Even UEFA Cup website only says  they take the winner but didn't say anything about if the winner end up in CL.  Temujin?  Ulrich?

uh, tough question, didn't thought about that. looked it up and wikipedia says Dortmund gets the UEFA Cup bid as finalist.

I didn't get to see DFB Pokal final.  It went to overtime?  Must've been a good game.  It seems to me that Bayern has been trying to fumble their season, be it may Bundesliga or UEFA Cup or DFB Pokal, but the other teams just can't take advantage of it, be it may Bremen, Hamburg, Getafe or Dortmund.  Who's Bayern facing next in UEFA Cup?  Zenit?  Zenit got a Korean player, Lee Ho.  May be Ho can ho out the Bavarians.  I just hope it's not Rangers vs Bayern in the final.  Then who am I gonna root for?  Fiorentina vs Bayern could be interesting, Luca Toni's former team and current team.  The Romanian Mutu is having a great season for Fiorentina.

well it wasn't such a great finals. bayern scored early and the only highlight was when Dortmund equallized after the 90th minute. the overtime was boring, unlike the Getafe overtime.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 05:47
Oh good, I wasn't sure where I saw it, it probably was in wiki.  So Dortmund IS in UEFA Cup 08-09!  What's German for Awesome?   This can be the turning point from their steady decline since 2002.   Cmon, it's pretty obvious now that if any team's gonna put a break on this oncoming Bayern dynasty, it's gonna have to be the resurrected Dortmund.  So, hurry up.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2008 at 15:00
While Munich is the champion again, Rostock and Duisburg are relegated, Cologne and Mönchengladbach are back in the first division. Next weekend the third relegated and promoted teams will be found.

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2008 at 16:39
1 Bayern 34 22 10 2 68:21 47 76
2 Bremen 34 20 6 8 75:45 30 66
3 Schalke 34 18 10 6 55:32 23 64
4 Hamburg 34 14 12 8 47:26 21 54
5 Wolfsburg 34 15 9 10 58:46 12 54
6 Stuttgart 34 16 4 14 57:57 0 52
7 Leverkusen 34 15 6 13 57:40 17 51
8 Hannover 34 13 10 11 54:56 -2 49
9 Frankfurt 34 12 10 12 43:50 -7 46
10 Hertha 34 12 8 14 39:44 -5 44
11 Karlsruhe 34 11 10 13 38:53 -15 43
12 Bochum 34 10 11 13 48:54 -6 41
13 Dortmund 34 10 10 14 50:62 -12 40
14 Cottbus 34 9 9 16 35:56 -21 36
15 Bielefeld 34 8 10 16 35:60 -25 34
16 Nürnberg 34 7 10 17 35:51 -16 31
17 Rostock 34 8 6 20 30:52 -22 30
18 Duisburg 34 8 5 21 36:55 -19 29

The final standings:    Congratulations to Bayern

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 19:50
Klinsmann convinced Lahm to stay so Bayern won't look that bad in their defense. wonder how they'll do in Champions League though. after them suckign vs St. petersburg i guess they will have an unglorious downfall there. can't really congratulate Hoffenheim, their sudden rise from obscurity to the 1. Bundesliga via a short stay in the 2. BL was all hard bought by money. they have more money available than most clubs in the 1. BL. Wolfsburg is headign the same way, havign Volkswagen as sponsor in their back and playing the UEFA Cup they have high ambitions. Stuttgart unfortunately has to play the UI Cup to qualify for the UEFA cup.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 22:31
I did see Marcelinho bamboozling Stuttgart couple weeks ago.  I liked Wolfsburg since D'alessandro days. 

I'm glad Stuttgart still got a shot at UEFA Cup though considering the season they had. 

Most disappointing team in last month of the season has to be Hamburg.  Van der Vaart should move on(not to Bayern though).
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2008 at 18:38
van der Vaart wanted to leave Hamburg since the beginning of the season which is the reason for Hamburgs lackluster performance. yeah, Wolfsburg gave Stuttgart a good beating with 4:0 two weeks (?) ago. a pitty for Gomez, he is so efficient on the field, but last season he was long time injured and this season Toni slightly beat him for the best scorer.... only statistic put him ahead of Toni.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2008 at 19:23
Who topped Bundesliga in assists? 
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2008 at 19:43
don't know, haven't seen such a statistic.
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2008 at 06:49
Originally posted by Roberts

Who topped Bundesliga in assists? 

here you will find some stats , if you are able to read a bit german, it will be no prolem for you...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 06:01
I'm glad Bayern is back on top; hopefully now they can also improve their standing in the Champions League.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 15:30
I think Bayern will be alright.  Lahm decided to stay that's huge.   They must've told him he can come out play more.  Which wouldn't be a bad idea.  Bayern has to find a way to link Lahm and Ribery.  But their Toni -Klose experiment worked rather well.  Their defense is pretty good except Lucio.  I mean, if you are have a Brazilian player did it really a centerback?  Did they wake up one morning and say, "Ahhh, Brazil, the land of great cernterbacks! I must go get one before other do!."  Anyway their midfield is pretty solid.  Creative enough and responsible enough.  Ribery is a world class.  I like Van Bommel, Ze Roberto, Altintop are all good and versatile.  Kinda remind of Chelsea and Liverpool midfield.   Podolski and Schweinsteiger became kinda marginal.  If they can get anything out of those that would be great but team has to decide if they are ever going to the type of players they were going to be.  If not they should stop rely on them and find a world class player,   I like Borowski addition to. A loss for Bremen.  I think Borowski has a shot becoming the next 'big thing' in both Bayern and German national team central midfield.  He's a do it all kinda guy.  Would he be able to develop Zidane like class and calmness and ability to control the tempo in the middle?   I guess we will find out next week.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345