Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Die Bundesliga Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Die Bundesliga Thread
    Posted: 17-Sep-2007 at 01:58

Platz
Verein Spiele Tore Punkte
1 Bayern 5 12:2 11
2 Bielefeld 5 11:8 10
3 Frankfurt 5 7:5 10
4 Dortmund 5 9:7 9
5 Hertha 5 7:6 9
6 KSC 5 6:6 9
7 Leverkusen 5 6:2 8
8 Schalke 5 9:6 7
9 Stuttgart 5 7:6 7
10 Hamburg 5 5:5 7
11 Bochum 5 8:9 7
12 Hannover 5 7:9 7
13 Bremen 5 5:10 7
14 Duisburg 5 8:7 6
15 Nrnberg 5 5:7 5
16 Wolfsb. 5 7:9 4
17 Cottbus 5 2:9 2
18 Rostock 5 3:11 0

The current standings after 5 matchdays.

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2007 at 14:02
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2007 at 11:27
Bremen finally got back in shape by pounding Stuttgart.  Diego looked like the best player in Bundesliga that he is.  And he's only 22!  Hugo Almeida is is the one who stepping up for Klose's replacement job.  Even Sanogo scored a header.  Rosenberg is disappointing so far.  They need Frings, Borowski and Wome back and they will be the second best team in Germany.  Good to see Hertha and Leverkusen starting out strong, can they keep it up?  What's wrong with Stuttgart?  Losing to a Scottish team in Champs League and now get embarrassed by Bremen?  Altintop could be the best signing Bayern had.
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2007 at 12:47
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

What's wrong with Stuttgart?  Losing to a Scottish team in Champs League and now get embarrassed by Bremen?

Dead I also aks myself that question... I can only blame the new goalkeeper and some unexplainable problems in the defense. the match vs bremen could just as well has ended 6:1... ConfusedOuch
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 17:37
Oh dear, my beloved club Borussia Dortmund was demounted yesterday at home by Hamburger SV with 0:3. The other club from the Ruhrarea, can't remember the name, is on the way to the top, after being succesful at MSV Duisburg.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2007 at 16:42
Stuttgart has let me down again and Bremen is on acid or something... Shocked
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2007 at 20:08
A terrible week for Borussia Dortmund. 3 matches - nill Points and  3 : 9 goals.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2007 at 15:22
Too bad I missed out on Bremen game this week.  Watched Bayer vs Bayern, though.  Very good competitive game.  Klose's goal was least a meter over the line but the referee missed it.  Maybe it's time to put that microchip in the ball?  Or instant replay review?  No, I like the game the way it is.  More room for interpretations, controversies, hence more poetic than logical.  Karma has its own way to sort out the justice like England vs Germany in 1966 final was balanced out by 'the Hand of God' of 1986.  Or injustice to Italy in 2002 was head butted out in 2006.

Anyway, Leverkusen played much more competitive game against Bayern than I thought they would.  If there is such thing called a moral victory, I think Leverkusen played well enough to take one home.  Friedrich was solid as rock.  It's still too early but they should be considered as a serious contender for a champs league spot, though my bets would be on Bayern, Schalke and Bremen at this point.

Couldn't see Bremen's game but saw the highlights.  8:1!Thumbs%20Up  Bielefeld is not just a bunch of chumps either.  Almeida is continuing his success from last week.  Sanogo is showing the strength of his game, jumping.  Good to see Rosenberg finally contributing.  And you all know how I feel about Diego.  This team will only get better as the season goes on, as they get healthier.

Yeah, I still can't figure out Stuttgart's struggle.  Against Hansa Rostock, come on!   At this point, it might be more than just a simple streak of bad lucks.  I really don't see the fundamental flaw in their roster or tactics though.  Yes I would agree that they might have overachieved a little last year but they were still one of the top teams.  Majority of this team is still very young.  Actually wasn't that the youngest team ever to the Bundsliga last year?  Maybe they are still little too emotional.  Hopely they can just play their way out of this funk.

I'm not quite sold on Karlsruhe yet.  Wins against Dortmund and Stuttgart looks impressive on paper but both teams are struggling right now.  Next match against Schalke will be another chance to make more believers.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2007 at 18:02
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Yeah, I still can't figure out Stuttgart's struggle.  Against Hansa Rostock, come on!   At this point, it might be more than just a simple streak of bad lucks.  I really don't see the fundamental flaw in their roster or tactics though.  Yes I would agree that they might have overachieved a little last year but they were still one of the top teams.  Majority of this team is still very young.  Actually wasn't that the youngest team ever to the Bundsliga last year?  Maybe they are still little too emotional.  Hopely they can just play their way out of this funk.

well, i can analyze for you whats wrong with Stuttgart: 1. the goalkeeper, HORRIBLE. also, for some reason the good defense is subject no major negligence this season, don't know why. 2. Bastrk still not playing and Hitzelsberger was also missign last game. Khedira is also under his potential this season. 3. Stuttgart has a descent offense, but except for Gomez doesn't score. Cacao is occupied in the mid-field mostly or serving the ball for the other, so far very inefficient, scorers.

and tomorrow is the match against Barcelona... Dead

I'm not quite sold on Karlsruhe yet.  Wins against Dortmund and Stuttgart looks impressive on paper but both teams are struggling right now.  Next match against Schalke will be another chance to make more believers.

yeah, Karlsruhe is very sucessfull so far, can't really explain it myself, i'm curious to see if they can keep the level or eventually peter out in the second half-season.

Edited by Temujin - 01-Oct-2007 at 18:03
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2007 at 18:09
pssst, no more words about the teams of Dortmund and Stuttgart.

Mnchen will go it's way to the next championship, while Schalke and Leverkusen will try to stay in close contact to the leading team.

At the bottom, there are several teams, like Cottbus, Duisburg,Bielefeld, Dortmund or even Stuttgart, that look into a deep abyss.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2007 at 19:50
Originally posted by Temujin

well, i can analyze for you whats wrong with Stuttgart: 1. the goalkeeper, HORRIBLE. also, for some reason the good defense is subject no major negligence this season, don't know why. 2. Bastrk still not playing and Hitzelsberger was also missign last game. Khedira is also under his potential this season. 3. Stuttgart has a descent offense, but except for Gomez doesn't score. Cacao is occupied in the mid-field mostly or serving the ball for the other, so far very inefficient, scorers.

Yeah, that's right Temujin, they lost Hildebrand to Valencia, didn't they?  He's not even starting for Valencia behind Canizares.  I don't understand that move.  Also missing Basturk and Hitzelsberger is huge, too.  Great analysis, Temujin.  You should be on their payroll. 
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2007 at 19:01
Watched Dortmund vs Bochum and the 2nd half of Stuttgart vs Hannover.  No Bremen game for me again this week. Angry 

A good win for Dortmund scoring the winning goal with a man down.  That's always an emotional win but in Dortmund it's a pendemonium.  Dede played great game on the both side of the field.  It's amazing Dortmund debuted three teenagers for their first Bundesliga game.  All looked like they belong in the big league least on the bench.  N'jambe(?) looked like he could be a first team material right away.  With all their injuries they need him to be.  Worns got two yellows and kicked out.  He was dominant in almost every corner kick situations while he was in the game though.  One of his many headers turned into Tinga's rebound slam in.  It was good to see them digging themselves out of the League basement short handed.Clap  Federico scored good looking half volley off of another mishandled corner kick.  Bochum dominated possessions but their last passes and finishes unimaginative.

Don't wanna say too much about Stuttgart accept Magnin played another great game.   What else is there to be said accept patience.  Remember though, they were struggling up until this point of the season last year also, even if last season seem so far away past for them by now.

Too bad I didn't get Bremen game again this week.  I missed out on Ailton's goal too.  He wants to eat the rest of Germany.Pig  Good to see Bremen back on the top part of the table. 

Hamburg is also surging too aren't they?  Van der Vaart is starting to making people think he's the best player in Germany.  Top 5 for sure.

Last week, I said something like if Karlsruhe beats Schalke this week they will make more believers for them.  What do you know, they beat Schalke.  Be care for what you wish for I guess.  I didn't really believe that it could happen when I wrote and I don't think I still do.  With Bielefeld, Hansa and Duisburg coming up they might hang in the top part of the table for least another month.

For Bayern at this point, it's not whether they will win Bundesliga but whether can they go undefeated.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2007 at 20:21
I just thought of a great discussion topic for Bundesliga fans.  What do you guys think about the German reunification and its effect on German football, especially on Bundesliga and the national team?.  What were the pros and the cons?  What were the difficult issues bringing in East German clubs and players into the unification of football?  Was there anything unique about the football aspect apart from general political, economic and cultural aspect?  How much has participation of East German teams and players in the national scene has improved in last 15 years?  Do you see the bigger participation in future?  Has reunification open up other Eastern Bloc counties for Germany as far as marketing, development, and recruitment?  How has World Cup 2006 affected all these?  Ulrich?  Temujin?  Majkes?  Anybody else?

I know I just asked way too much questions but some of them are hard to grasp for an outsider just watching the games.  So please respond to whatever questions that grabs you and I would really appreciate.  With North Korean U17 having a strong showing in U17 WC in South Korea this summer and North Korean women also having a strong showing Women's WC, I can't stop wonder how unified Korean national team will look.  Of course reunification of Korea seem so far away at this point but unified Korean football team might happen before actual reunification.  It will a great German football lessons for Koreans.   Any professors?

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 06-Oct-2007 at 20:57
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2007 at 17:29
The german unification had not a big effort on football, cause the football was and is dominated by western teams. Franz Beckerbauer predicted after the german vicory at 1990 wc, that the german would be unbeatable for the net coming years, but he disproved very soon.

Only a few players, like Sammer, Thom or Kirsten were on the level to play in the Bundesliga.
Today many players, coming originaly from eastern teams, are playing in the Bundeliga but it seems that the geographical origin isn't very important anymore.

And like i said it here sometimes, who doesn't remember the north-korean team of 1966 wc? But back to the Bundesliga......
Big surprises yesterday, as Schalke and Stuttgart lost at home with 0:2 against Karlsruhe and Hannover, while Dortmund defeated Bochum in a close and gruesome match.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2007 at 18:54
yes i agree, i mean other than Berlin, Cottbus and Rostock, there are no eastern German clubs in the 1. Bundesliga, even Dynamo Dresden who won most eastern German championships is now not even found in the 2. Bundesliga anymore.

other than that, in Stuttgart its now officially called a "crisis"... Praying
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2007 at 19:30
Thanx Ulrich. 

Looking at the map, maybe Hansa Rostok and Energie Cottbus are East German origin?  Neither are really powerhouses of Bundesliga are they?  Perhaps sports arenas are the last places that feeling the actual effect of the reunification?  That's so ironic because it's often the football stadiums that you see so much political, economical, cultural, regional and racial tension.

Wasn't Ballack a East German youth system product?  I think I heard that somewhere.

Looking at WC 2006 venues, out of 12 cities Leipzig was the only venue from East Germany(counting Berlin as neutral)?  It's understandable because West German cities already had stadiums ready for their Bundesliga teams.  Probably they only needed minor renovations for WC.  Although, didn't Schalke build new stadium for WC?  I think investing on a couple of more world class stadiums in East Germany would have helped boosting local economy, tourism, football culture.  South Korea built 10 new stadiums for WC 2002, all the venues are less than a year old at the time, including Seoul which already had a fairly new and great stadium from 88' Olympics.   All those stadiums looked great but  most of them are getting wasted now because K-League has hard time filling those seats, exception of maybe FC Seoul and Suwon Samsung Bluewings.  Most Korean football fans are only interested their national team and some of the European teams that Korean players play for.  Btw,Suwon Samsung Bluewings are coached by Cha Bum Kun, some of you might remember who he is.  So there, I just contradicted myself.  I guess building a new stadium and drawing tourism for a city doesn't necessarily translate well into the domestic league and the football culture of the city, though it would hurt.

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 08-Oct-2007 at 19:42
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 22:48
Watching Bayern Munich vs. Bochum, 2-1 victory for Bayern Smile 
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 17:01
small update now. Stuttgart is back, significantly defeating Bayern in yesterdays match. Gomez is worth gold! last saturday he made a world class goal. even though we're definately out of the CL, things in Bundesliga start getting better, we now share 19 poitns with Schalke (!). also, this was Bayerns first defeat this season and Hamburg and Bremen are on their heels. looks like its not going to become a borign season afterall.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 17:43
Originally posted by Temujin

small update now. Stuttgart is back, significantly defeating Bayern in yesterdays match. Gomez is worth gold! last saturday he made a world class goal. even though we're definately out of the CL, things in Bundesliga start getting better, we now share 19 poitns with Schalke (!). also, this was Bayerns first defeat this season and Hamburg and Bremen are on their heels. looks like its not going to become a borign season afterall.

Basturk's back.  They played well against Lyon too though they lost.  Like I was saying few weeks ago, don't give up hopes, they started slow last season too.  It's just too much young talents in this team struggle that bad for this long.  It wasn't even they were playing that bad, it was more like a bad spell.   I think they can still finish in the top 3 Champs League spot, though they are gonna have to beat out one of the top three, Bayern, Bremen, Hamburg. 

Bayern has not only lost to Stuttgart but they also tied with Dortmund and Frankfurt.  Suddenly this team has hard time scoring.  Dortmund impressed me in that game.
Bremen had Frings back for a couple of games but he's hurt again.   Wome's still out too.   But Borowski is back.  They should play Diego and Carlos Alberto together. 

Next week, Bayern vs Wolfsburg, Hamburg vs Hansa Rostock, Bremen vs Energie Cottbus.  The pressure is on Bayern since Hamburg and Bremen have easier opponents. Will we find  Bayern in 3rd place by next week?
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 18:16
well, i don't think Bayern is going to lose against Woflsburg, but maybe Magath still has a joker in his sleeve. if Frankfurt can draw with bayern, then wolfsburg can too.

but the current bayern performacne should not come a sa big surprise, the problems of last season are still there. the real surprise was the strong start of Bayern. the problems of bayern are in the defense, namely Lucio (which was also evident on saturday) and other youngsters lacking experience. their strenghtening of the offense and Ribery as midfielder got them victory often enough to cover those flaws but as was to expect, it would not always work out this way. also, now there are tensions in the leardership, which can turn out worse if not handled fast and descisive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>