Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

62nd anniversary of Hiroshima

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 62nd anniversary of Hiroshima
    Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 09:46
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 10:05
Nazim Hikmet masterpiece by my opinion, I hope one day his last request may become true.

These are the lyrics of ''Little Girl'' :

I come and stand at every door
but none can hear my silent tread.
I knock and yet remain unseen
for I am dead, for I am dead.

I'm only seven tho' I died
in Hiroshima long ago.
I'm seven now as I was then
when children die they do not grow.

My hair was scorched by swirling flame,
my eyes grew dim, my eyes grew blind.
Death came and turned my bones to dust,
and that was scattered by the wind.

I need no fruit, I need no rice,
I need no sweets or even bread.
I ask for nothing for myself,
for I am dead, for I am dead.

All that I ask is that for peace
you fight today, you fight today,
so that the children of the world
may live and grow and laugh and play.

Edited by Giannis - 06-Aug-2007 at 10:15
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 10:19
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 11:44
Yeah, yeah.....all those capitalist, racist Westerners.

We all know how this membership loves genocide stories, so here's another one to chew on:

The Japanese (1945 version) got what they deserved.  And it is always conveniently forgotten that the two bombs ENDED a war that had already ended like 50,000,000 lives.

Edited by pikeshot1600 - 06-Aug-2007 at 11:48
Patch View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 11:55
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

We all know how this membership loves genocide stories, so here's another one to chew on:

The Japanese (1945 version) got what they deserved.  And it is always conveniently forgotten that the two bombs ENDED a war that had already ended like 50,000,000 lives.

I wonder if anyone will start a thread in December to commerate the Rape of Nanking? or any of the other massacres carried out by the Japanese in ww2?
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 12:04
Originally posted by Patch

I wonder if anyone will start a thread in December to commerate the Rape of Nanking? or any of the other massacres carried out by the Japanese in ww2?

Of course not.  In December, there will be a thread about Pearl Harbor, and FDR conspiring with Hitler (behind Britain's back) to carve up the world.  Germany in Europe/Asia, and the US everywhere else.  The German's just couldn't deliver, so.....

Capitalist fascists had to stick together.  We all know about this conspiracy, right?  LOL

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 12:09
Nobody denies Japanese atrocities. But as usual some deny American ones.

And it is always conveniently forgotten that the two bombs ENDED a war that had already ended like 50,000,000 lives.

The war would have ended anyway. Japanese wanted to surrender. Japanese civilans were nuked in order to make Japan surrender to the US only (as the Soviets were coming).

Anyway, if the Americans dropped the bomb on the mount Fuji, or to the sea off Tokyo, it would have had the same effect.

But they dropped it not just on Hiroshima, but also on Nagasaki soon thereafter...

If until December the Japanese invade, let's say, Iran, and kill 1 million Iranians, while claiming to be the shining beacon of democracy and liberty, I will start that thread.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 12:11

The Japanese (1945 version) got what they deserved.

Can ordinary Japanese people be held responsible for the crimes of their fascist government? In that case, someone should immediately nuke the United States.

Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 12:20
Originally posted by Feanor

The Japanese (1945 version) got what they deserved.

Can ordinary Japanese people be held responsible for the crimes of their fascist government? In that case, someone should immediately nuke the United States.

Civilian support and/or acquiesence in a government's war policy makes them legitimate targets.  Were not German civilians legitimate targets?  Were not British civilians legitimate targets?  Yes they were.  Same with Japan.

If Islamic extremists in Afghanistan (or al-Qaeda in New York) like to kill Westerners or other foreigners, I think they view us as legitmate targets.  When they hide out among their civilian support, the US and/or NATO is justified in targeting those civilian supporters.

If one doesn't like it, get the UN to outlaw war and terrorism and let's see where that goes.

Edited by pikeshot1600 - 06-Aug-2007 at 12:23
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 12:28
Then 9/11 was totally justified as well. All those businessmen were funding the biggest terrorist state on this planet.
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 12:30

Then 9/11 was totally justified as well. All those businessmen were funding the biggest terrorist state on this planet.

If we are legitimate targets, then so are they.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 12:43
If everybody is a legitimate target, what the f**k is terrorism?
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 13:37

If everybody is a legitimate target, what the f**k is terrorism?

You tell us. 

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 17:58
The war would have ended anyway. Japanese wanted to surrender. Japanese civilans were nuked in order to make Japan surrender to the US only (as the Soviets were coming).
Huh? After the Second bomb the Emperor had recorded the surrender and actually had to hide due to fanatical Military Officers wanting to find it and destroy it preventing any kind of surrender.
The Civilian population didn't want to surrender either due to fear propaganda that painted pretty vivid ideas of what Allied Soldiers would do had they landed. Infact, the Civilian population was being trained to fight off any Allied invasion, and with simple weapons too that would have left thousands dead. Not to mention before any Invasion there'd have been alot more bombings that would have been constant  strategic bombing all around Japan.
Nobody denies Japanese atrocities. But as usual some deny American ones.
Sure it was a atrocity, alot of civilians died! But the Japanese didn't want to end the war, and they paid the price. We didn't want the war to continue any longer then it had to, and we didn't want to lose anymore of our men.

They were willing to fight themselves! Propaganda may be the big motivator in it, but they were brainwashed by both their culture and through fear.
The World helps our economy, maybe everyone who buys a Coke, wears some name brand cloths, buys music CDs, eats at McDonalds should all recieve a bullet in the head too? It's all jstified for helping that big bad terrorist state right?Wink
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 19:09
Japan was the aggressor nation in that war. Japan sought to conquer to Pacific rim, and failed. Japan's responsibility was to defend her own people, the US' responsibility was to defend it own people - the Allies succeeded and Japan failed. Japan forfeited any claim to being a moral or humane nation in the course of a decade long war which she began and in the course of which she set the initiative for it being just as macabre as Nazi atrocities - the only feature of Nazi crimes distinguishing them from those of Japan is that killing was usually a more industrial process.

Japan forfeited any pretense to being a civilised part of humanity with her conduct in that war. The shock of the destruction finally shattered what resistance she had left, and the ultimate result was a progressive and peaceful nation state whose contribution to humankind today is a boon. It is through that destruction and subsequent recreation of Japanese policy that such a harmful nation was transformed into a peaceful and progressive one.

Allied victory ensured the continued freedom of countries in today's world which now comprise a quarter of the world's population. It removed one of the most militaristic, racist and cruel expansionist powers from the face of the planet and was a victory for humanity.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 19:44
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

The World helps our economy, maybe everyone who buys a Coke, wears some name brand cloths, buys music CDs, eats at McDonalds should all recieve a bullet in the head too?

I don't see why not. Nobody is more worth than an innocent Japanese baby.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 19:55
Originally posted by Mortaza

Lets not forget, Bomb just not killed civilians but babies too. I am sure noone will accuse babies with supporting japon military machine or with hating americans..

At Nanking, Japanese soldiers took infants from their parents, threw them up in the air, and then practiced impaling the infant in mid-air with their bayonets.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 19:57
The post is about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, let's keep to the topic and stop diverting.

ConstantineXI
Japan forfeited any pretense to being a civilised part of humanity with her conduct in that war.
and was a victory for humanity.

You think throwing an atomic bomb on two cities, killing 150,000 civillians and many more injuries and health problems for years to come is "civillised"?

It seems your idea of being "civillised" is seriously warped, anything the side you support is humanitarian and civillised be that dropping nukes, wiping out cities, targettin civillian populations...
The actions may have been necessary to win the war but it definately was uncivillised barbarism.

It removed one of the most militaristic, racist and cruel expansionist powers from the face of the planet

There are alot of people and groups who say the same about the U.S.

So by your logic, to protect their "civillised" way of life and for the benefit of humanity they can drop nukes on America, attack civillian targets, bomb cities and create a state of fear.

Then I guess you must support Iran's nucleur ambitions, terrorist organistions against the U.S, Iraqi resistance fighters, North Korea's nucleur ambitions.

Edited by Bulldog - 06-Aug-2007 at 19:58
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 19:58
At Nanking, Japanese soldiers took infants from their parents, threw them up in the air, and then practiced impaling the infant in mid-air with their bayonets.

Constantine, what type of mentality is this? You killed my children so I have right to kill your children?

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 20:01
Originally posted by Constantine XI

OK, kill those bastards and stay away from children. Or is this too complicated for you to understand?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>