Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best & Favourite Total War Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which is the best Total War Game?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [3.30%]
24 [26.37%]
11 [12.09%]
35 [38.46%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [4.40%]
1 [1.10%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [4.40%]
1 [1.10%]
2 [2.20%]
6 [6.59%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best & Favourite Total War Game
    Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 03:58

Chose the Answer carefully! Think about the:

-Historical Accuration
         -Graphic
         -Gameplay
         -Audio
         -Campaign
         -Battles

and your own Opinions!
"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 09:42
M2 Total War, I love alot about it. I can't wait until the expansion comes out. You get to play as the Mexicas.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 13:09
RTW: Barbarian Invasion. I could vote three times?
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2007 at 13:23
Rome:Barbarian Invasion gets my vote. I don't tend to care about historical accuracy in the games. As long as I have fun, I am good with it.

Join us.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2007 at 16:36
The very first Rome Total War.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2007 at 18:19
Medieval I
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2007 at 19:49
The most important aspect of such games is playability within the context of all the criteria listed above, and Medieval Total War is absolutely the best. Rome was VERY boring.
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2007 at 09:24
Great!! Almost all is one heart with me!! I like Medieval 1 very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy Muuuuuuuch.
"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2007 at 16:11
     My personal favorite is the original Medieval with the XL Mod (adds around 18 factions, including Mongols, Papacy, Crusader States, Armenians, Cumans, etc, and has pagan buildings/agents, and some other cool stuff).

2nd favorite would probably be the new medieval.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2007 at 02:56
The original medieval is my favorite especially with the BKB Supermod installed.

I just purchased Barbarian Invasion and have been playing the Eastern Empire, the expansion is rather fun to play. Valens died early, and Theodosius as Emperor, and commander in the East has been effective at subduing the Sassanians completely, now I can move him to the West, and prepare a few field armies in case the Huns invade and break the alliance we formed. I was able channel the Vandals West through Italy and Gaul, and exterminate the Sarmatians.

I'll play it a few times, and install the Invasio Barbarorum mod.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 16:51

I cant decide between Medieval 1 and Shogun.but both were really good.

A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 18:42
I like the newest edition of the total war series the most, Medieval II Total War.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 00:43
I went with Medieval, the original.  The others are just nowhere near this one in replay value.  Without Rome total realism and europa barbarorum Rome Total War would have been sitting on my shelf for even longer periods of time than it already does.  Same with BI.  My labtop has nowhere near the power for Medieval II, so I haven't played it.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 04:33
I like the original MTW:viking invasion, and RTW:barbarian invasion. I play these games more than i play MTW2.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 12:42
Shogun. Only game where the strategical objectives makes sense.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 13:23
Well I haven't had the luck to play Shogun, but I am 100 % sure that I would  loved it since the game's engine was the "same" as in Medieval TW - the game which made me addicted to TW series. Rome TW and M2 TW have been major disappointments. They are only playable with community mods.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2007 at 09:13
The newly release "Kingdoms" expansion for Medieval 2 features more tightly focused campaigns. I was given the great opportunity to go into the Creative Assembly HQ for beta testing pre-release. Of course there was an NDA so I couldn't really say anything. However, the new tight focus is a result of polling that determined people loved Shogun most due to it's tight focus, clear goals and detailed situations.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2007 at 09:16
I have only played Rome, BI and Medieval II. From them I liked Rome: Total War the best. Hence, I voted for it
nova roma View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote nova roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 00:53
Rome, hands down
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 12:22
Rome seems better than M2 to me...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>