Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is the best Rome game?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
zeno View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is the best Rome game?
    Posted: 21-Jun-2007 at 03:47
i played RTW for over a year now, but only recently got a laptop capable of running it smoothly, just as its getting boring!

i've seen AoE, Civilisation and such in games stores, but what is best?

i want to be a consul or caesar, and conquer the med LOL

any recommendations please Embarrassed
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2007 at 10:11
My favourite is Rome Total War, upgraded with the Gold Edition total realism patch (6.3)
zeno View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote zeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2007 at 13:00
mk, i will try that
kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2007 at 14:18
Originally posted by Constantine XI

My favourite is Rome Total War, upgraded with the Gold Edition total realism patch (6.3)

Yes, the Total Realism modification was incredible.  The units and map looked so much better than in RTW (in my opinion).  Great stuff, haven't played it in a while though.  Lack of a good video card.
Kilroy was here.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 01:07
Originally posted by kilroy

Originally posted by Constantine XI

Yes, the Total Realism modification was incredible.  The units and map looked so much better than in RTW (in my opinion).  Great stuff, haven't played it in a while though.  Lack of a good video card.

It was a masterpiece and I give full credit to the team who developed it. It was so fun I wanted to play every faction. Seleucid elephants, Bactrian/Parthian/Armenian horse archers, Roman heavy infantry, well rounded Macedonian and Ptolemaic armies....... the sheer choice and diversity was great.

Trade worked well, they fixed that annoying city population boom that made large cities descend into anarchy, the map was more realistic. I uninstalled Medieval II and went back to playing the Rome mod now, as Seleucids.
kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 01:38
Yes, the factions were historically sound, even the way they expanded on the map.  I tried expanding the way Rome did historically, its quite hard and lots of work. 

Parthia was probably my favorite faction though, just liked the way they played. 

Total Realism was much harder that RTW was. 
Kilroy was here.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 06:22
You must try out Europa Barbarorum mod for Rome Total War.
Compared with RTR it is lot historical accurate in terms of units, gameplay, geography.
It is like playing historical encyclopedia about ancient world.Thumbs%20Up

Their website
http://www.europabarbarorum.com

Edited by axeman - 22-Jun-2007 at 06:24
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 22:48

I love RTW so much.

Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 22:51
Rome Total War!!!!!!!!!!!!! of Course.

Try Total Realism Patch and Europa Barbarorum PAtch

StarStarStarStarStar
"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 09:48
the Caesar Series
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
zeno View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote zeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 10:01
gonna give the demo of Caesar IV a go
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 12:51
why dl the demo, the full game, it is very fun to play. Wink
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 13:04
Originally posted by zeno

gonna give the demo of Caesar IV a go

I don't know about Caesar IV (the newest one) but Caesar III was a masterpiece of gaming and challenging.  And right now you can probably get it for a buck because its so old Thumbs%20Up.
Kilroy was here.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 14:44
I can never find C3 anywhere. I loved that one.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 19:53

Downloading Europa Barbarorum, and the appropriate patches right now, I have been playing the new Chivlary Total War mod, which is very well done.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2007 at 10:25
I'll pitch in for Caesar II, which i was IMHO, the best of the Caesar series (and its spin offs, though i did enjoy Emporor:RotMK).

Has the Europa Barbarorum mod been updated of late?
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2007 at 18:15
Yes, they got a 0.81 version with the installer right now it is a good mod, I prefer Chivalry due to the time setting. I like the traits, and the genetics feature they use in the mod, the biographies are neat, too. EB is definetly a good mod.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 08:04
oh yeah cheers to those who love the game Rtw that games a killer yeahp thats the best rome game ive ever played.

Edited by ezycompany - 14-Jul-2007 at 08:05
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 07:25
I have done what es_bih has been up to and I am loving EB at the moment. Started playing as the Macedonians and am absolutely having a ball.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2007 at 14:46
Well I have played Rome Total War and felt it was the best ever about the history of the Roman Empire era but then I came up with it's expansion Barbarians at Gates , and Alexander.
These tow expansion packs were made it the Best ever game on Rome so I would recommend it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>