Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ron: Thrones and Patriots limiting ages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ron: Thrones and Patriots limiting ages
    Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 04:19
I have a question about modifying game setup options in Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots.

My purpose is not to create an entire mod using this option but to change it/create it in the setup options for single player or multiplayer games.  Let me try to explain this.

There are setup options which allow you to change the starting and ending ages of the game.  Also, in the "Barbarians at the Gates" option, you can change the start/end age for all players, but give the "Defender" player a bonus that allows him to start a certain number of ages ahead of the attacking barbarian nations.  However, the barbarian nations can still reach the Ending Age eventually.

My question: is there a way to modify the game so that you can set the start/end age for each player?  What I want is to be able to limit the Bantu, Aztecs, and Mayans to the Classical or Medieval age so that they cannot have gunpowder weapons.  For example, Spanish vs. Aztecs and only Spanish can research ages with guns.  Or, British vs. Bantu in a "Zulu" type situation where the British stay in the Enlightenment age and the Bantu cannot go beyond the Medieval and you get to face hordes of primitive tribesmen with Redcoats.

Do you know of any pre-existing mods that can be downloaded to accomplish this purpose?

I found this thread in a RoN forum that addresses modifying the game to do this.  However, am I correct in assuming that the game would be permanently modified and that I could not then choose to allow the civs to access the gun ages without changing the code again or reinstalling the game?

Thanks very much and hopefully this makes sense! LOL

Edited by Byzantine Emperor - 04-Jun-2007 at 04:21
 Post Reply Post Reply