Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Silly News Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Silly News Thread
    Posted: 10-Jun-2007 at 14:14
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Dou you check Jamaican news sites on a daily basis?
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 03:49
LOL no, I just check the unusual news at nu.nl and google some keywords to find them in English. That story was also in several English papers, but I tought posting the Jamaican one was more fun.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 03:54
LOL
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 10:28
In rebro a man driving on his way home to Vrmland found changing gear in his car suddenly very difficult. He stopped at a gas station and opened the hood. Between the pipes in the engine he saw a small paw and tail stick out. Apparently a cat had considered it a good idea to crawl up into the engine to take a nap. Refusing to move he was drugged and parts of the engine screwed loose in order to take up the jammed cat. The cat was reported to be ruffled up but otherwise in good shape.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 07:49

Baggy Pants Banned; Mayor Says 'Cover Up'

Town Council Call Saggy Britches Obscene

DELCAMBRE, La. -- Overly saggy britches are obscene, the Delcambre Town Council says. So does Mayor Carol Broussard, who said he will sign an anti-sag ordinance passed unanimously this week.

The new indecent exposure ordinance in this Cajun-country town of about 2,000 carries penalties of up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for being caught in pants that show undergarments or, in the mayor's phrase, "private parts."

"I don't know if it will do any good, but it won't hurt," said Delcambre Councilman Albert Roy, who introduced the ordinance. "It's obvious, and anybody with common sense can see your parts when you wear sagging pants."

The meeting Monday night packed the small trailer that has been Town Hall since Hurricane Rita swept in six feet of storm surge on Sept. 24, 2005.

Low-hanging, baggy pants have become a fashion fad, mostly for young men in the hip-hop culture. Several residents objected that the ordinance targeted blacks.

Broussard denied any racial motivation. "White people wear sagging pants, too. Anybody who wears these pants should be held responsible."

Although Roy, who is black, introduced the ordinance, he said a $500 fine is outrageous: "I think it should be something like $25."

The ordinance states, "It shall be unlawful for any person in any public place or in view of the public to be found in a state of nudity, or partial nudity, or in dress not becoming to his or her sex, or in any indecent exposure of his or her person or undergarments, or be guilty of any indecent or lewd behavior."

The law applies to women as well as men, the mayor said Wednesday. "If you expose some of your privates, the crack of your behind, if somebody feels insulted they should press charges. If you're offended by it, we want to straighten that out."

The clause about "dress not becoming to his or her sex" doesn't forbid cross-dressing, Broussard said. "A dress, I wouldn't find that obscene. As long as he covers himself and it's not too short."

The ordinance isn't needed because the state has an indecent exposure law, resident Sylvester Harris said during Monday's meeting. But town attorney Ted Ayo said the measure expands on the state law by adding underwear to the list of forbidden exposures.

"This is a new ordinance that deals specifically with sagging pants," Ayo said. "It's about showing off your underwear in public."

Town resident Adam George had another objection. "It's just going to be harassment," he said at the Monday meeting. "People that don't like me are going to call and complain on me and say I've got saggy pants. I'm going to have to pay to bond out, even if I'm right."

Police Chief James Broussard said he didn't have a problem with George's pants, which hung below his waist but were covered by a long T-shirt.

"It's not like I'm showing my privates or anything like that," George said. "It's my boxers."

Broussard's public advice for people who like their pants to hang low: "Just wear it properly. Cover your vital parts. I mean, if you expose your private parts, you'll get a fine. If you walk up and your pants drop, you get a fine. They're better off taking the pants off and just wearing a dress."

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 07:51
Three hurt as squirrel goes nuts

BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- An unusually aggressive squirrel attacked three people in a German town before its last victim finished it off with a crutch, police said Wednesday.

The rodent jumped through a living-room window in Passau, on the Austrian border, on Tuesday and bit its first victim. With the squirrel hanging on by its teeth, the woman ran out into the street, where she managed to shake the animal off.

The squirrel then bit a builder before fleeing into a nearby garden, where it bit a 72-year-old man who eventually killed it with his crutch, police said.

The dead animal was to be tested for rabies.

Fugitive camels, llamas join rush hour

Separately Wednesday, Berlin commuters found themselves sharing the road with escapees from a local zoo -- six horses, three camels, two goats and a llama.

The animals escaped from a small petting zoo in the east of the capital and appeared shortly before 7 a.m. (0500 GMT) at a busy roundabout a few hundred meters (yards) away, police said.

The animals' excursion, which led to minor disruption but no injuries, was ended swiftly. The horses were caught in a nearby park and the llama at a cemetery, police said. Their comrades also were apprehended.

It was not immediately clear how the animals escaped.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/13/germany.animals.ap/

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 07:55
Overly saggy britches are obscene, the Delcambre Town Council says. So does Mayor Carol Broussard, who said he will sign an anti-sag ordinance passed unanimously this week.
That is an excellent law. I wish they would consider implementing it here.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 09:45
Hey, I kinda like that law.

Back in the day (roaming the halls of junior high), if we saw any bit of underwear sneaking out of someone's rear end we usually raced to give that so and so a nice big wedgy.

Can you believe the nerve of these youngsters nowadays? The waist of their pants down to their thighs, etc... Maybe their afraid of a good 'ol wedgy.

What are those? Well, check this out. lol.

Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 09:53

Three hurt as squirrel goes nuts

BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- An unusually aggressive squirrel attacked three people in a German town before its last victim finished it off with a crutch, police said Wednesday.

The rodent jumped through a living-room window in Passau, on the Austrian border, on Tuesday and bit its first victim. With the squirrel hanging on by its teeth, the woman ran out into the street, where she managed to shake the animal off.

The squirrel then bit a builder before fleeing into a nearby garden, where it bit a 72-year-old man who eventually killed it with his crutch, police said.

The dead animal was to be tested for rabies.

Fugitive camels, llamas join rush hour

Separately Wednesday, Berlin commuters found themselves sharing the road with escapees from a local zoo -- six horses, three camels, two goats and a llama.

The animals escaped from a small petting zoo in the east of the capital and appeared shortly before 7 a.m. (0500 GMT) at a busy roundabout a few hundred meters (yards) away, police said.

The animals' excursion, which led to minor disruption but no injuries, was ended swiftly. The horses were caught in a nearby park and the llama at a cemetery, police said. Their comrades also were apprehended.

It was not immediately clear how the animals escaped.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/13/germany.animals.ap/

Wow, what is going on with the animals in Germany?  They better keep "cute little" Knut the polar bear under close watch now! LOL

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 01:13

I found this one quite funny:

Hackers add explosive angle to weather broadcast

Wednesday Jun 20 14:00 AEST
Pranksters%20have%20hijacked%20a%20Czech%20breakfast%20television%20program,%20inserting%20footage%20of%20a%20nuclear%20explosion%20into%20an%20otherwise%20innocuous%20weather%20broadcast.

By Shaun Davies
ninemsn

Pranksters have hijacked a Czech breakfast television program, inserting footage of a nuclear explosion into an otherwise innocuous weather broadcast.

A collective of artists called Ztohoven has claimed credit for hacking a live camera feed that was broadcasting images from scenic East Bohemia.

Instead of bucolic images, Sunday viewers of Czech Television's Panorama program were treated to footage of a mushroom cloud ballooning over the countryside.

(rest of article can be found there)
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 11:22
Man Says Salad Stolen From Refrigerator

SOMERSET Someone kicked in the door of a man's apartment, stuck a knife in the door and took a chilled salad from his refrigerator.

Somerset police said the man reported the bizarre burglary on Monday. He told investigators someone broke into his apartment while he went to a nearby tavern. Nothing but the salad was missing, police said.

Police said they have a suspect and expect to file charges once they finish their investigation.

source

Arrrgh!!"
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 06:54

Judge Who Seeks Millions for Lost Pants Has His (Emotional) Day in Court

Before trial began yesterday in the case of the D.C. judge who sued his neighborhood dry cleaners after they lost his pants, the most extraordinary fact was Roy Pearson's demand for $65 million in damages.

That was before Pearson, an administrative law judge, broke down while testifying about the emotional pain of having the cleaners give him the wrong pants. It was before an 89-year-old woman in a wheelchair told of being chased out of the cleaners by an angry owner. And it was before she compared the owners of Custom Cleaners in open court to Nazis.

"I knew it: It's all my fault," said the reporter from German television who was sitting next to me.

The global import of Pearson v. Custom Cleaners was evident from the start. The courtroom was packed with members of the Korean Dry Cleaners Association and reporters from print and broadcast outlets in at least five countries. The guy from the tort reform lobby handed out bright green buttons protesting the $65 million "pantsuit." The gent from Fox TV sported neon-color paisley pants.

And Pearson, who by his account has spent more than 1,400 hours preparing his case, arrived in a black pinstripe suit. I hope he won't sue me if I mention that the pants could have used a pressing.

"Never before in recorded history have a group of defendants engaged in such misleading and unfair business practices," Pearson said in his opening statement. You don't get a lot of firsts in recorded history in D.C. Superior Court, though I should add that Marion Barry was in the building for his day in traffic court, and the pants suit easily outdrew the ex-mayor-for-life.

The "willful and malicious conduct" Pearson described consisted of this: In 2005, Pearson was starting his new job as a judge and therefore needed to start wearing suits again after a couple of years of unemployment. He brought five suits in for alterations because he'd put on 20 pounds and needed to have the pants let out. Four suits came back fine. One came back without the pants.

Pearson says the Chung family -- Korean immigrants who came here from the charcoal factories of Seoul in 1992 and now own three cleaners, including the one a short walk from Pearson's place in the Fort Lincoln section of Northeast -- had no intention of living up to the sign in their shop that said "Satisfaction Guaranteed." Therefore, Pearson said, he had no choice but to take on "the awesome responsibility" of suing the Chungs on behalf of every resident of the District of Columbia.

Judge Judith Bartnoff went to remarkable lengths to try to keep Pearson moving along while disabusing him of the notion that he represented either the tens of thousands of people who have used Custom Cleaners or the half million people in Washington who might theoretically be at risk of being dissatisfied with the shop's service.

From the start, Pearson kept referring to himself as "we," as if he were representing everyone in town. Bartnoff was having none of it: "Mr. Pearson, you are not a 'we.' You are an 'I.' "

Defense lawyer Christopher Manning depicted Pearson as a bitter, wildly litigious man who emerged from a recent divorce with financial difficulties and who held a deep grudge against the Chungs stemming from a previous run-in. Back in 2002, after the cleaners lost another pair of his pants, Pearson was compensated with a check for $150. The Chungs then tried to ban him from their shop, but Pearson implored them to let him come back because Custom was the only cleaners within walking distance of his home, and he doesn't have a car.

Pearson presented a series of witnesses who told of unhappy experiences at Custom. Their satisfaction, they said, was hardly guaranteed. But every one of Pearson's witnesses told the defense that in fact, they would have been entirely satisfied if they had been given credit for free cleaning or compensation in the amount of the value of their damaged or lost garment. Most of the witnesses said they'd generally had good experiences at Custom, and not one of Pearson's witnesses said anything about deserving millions of dollars.

Witnesses depicted Soo Chung, the mom in the Mom and Pop operation, as someone who was pleasant and professional -- until a dispute arose, at which point she told several of the customers that it was they who had brought in damaged goods, not the shop that had caused any problem with an article of clothing.

Grace Hewell, a retired congressional staffer, said Jin Chung, Soo's husband, "chased me out of the store" when she complained that her suit pants "looked like they had been washed" and no longer fit properly. "At 89, I'm not ready to be chased," she said. "But I was in World War II as a WAC, so I think I can take care of myself. Having lived in Germany and knowing the people who were victims of the Nazis, I thought he was going to beat me up. I thought of what Hitler had done to thousands of Jews."

After questioning eight witnesses, Pearson spent two hours telling his own story, but as he came to the part about when Soo Chung finally told him she had found the missing pants, the tale of the $10.50 alteration that went awry proved to be too much.

"These are not my pants," Pearson recalled telling Chung when she handed him a pair of gray pants with cuffs. "I have in my adult life, with one exception, never worn pants with cuffs."

"And she said, 'These are your pants.' "

Pearson paused. He struggled to breathe deeply. He could not continue. Pearson blurted a request for a break, stood up, turned around and walked out of the courtroom, tears dripping from his full and reddened eyes.

When he returned, he called that moment when Chung offered him the wrong pants "a Twilight Zone experience," and again, he welled up and had to halt the proceedings. Pearson wanted to submit the remainder of his testimony in writing, but Judge Bartnoff wouldn't hear of it.

The trial is expected to end today. Pearson has reduced his claim to $54 million. But he told the judge that he also wants to be awarded attorney's fees, even though he represents himself. He would like to be paid at a rate of between $390 and $425 an hour.

Earlier in the day, Pearson called his 30-year-old son as a witness. The son testified that he was surprised that his father had filed this suit. "I know you don't like litigation at all," he said.

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 06:57
Standard shift foils Georgia car thieves

'He had no idea what to do,' witness says

ATLANTA Two U.S. car thieves failed to make their getaway in a car they had just stolen because they couldn't figure out how to use its manual transmission, a witness said Wednesday.

The teenagers armed with a gun approached a man outside a pizza restaurant in Marietta, Georgia, late Monday. They stole his wallet and the keys to his Honda Accord, got into the car but couldn't make it start because it had stick shift, according to John Williamson, 18, a restaurant employee.

"The kid was just sitting in the car trying to start it but he had no idea what to do. He looked dumbfounded. The only thing he had going was the radio," said Williamson who witnessed the scene.

While the thief was trying to start the car, restaurant employees called the police who arrived and caught the teenagers as they tried to escape into nearby woods.

Unlike many parts of the world, the majority of cars in the United States are automatic and many drivers are unused to driving "stick shift" vehicles, in which a clutch pedal must be depressed to change gear.

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 07:05
Nude rooftop romp ends in tragedy

COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Police today were investigating how a naked couple fell 50 feet (15 metres) from the roof of a South Carolina office building to their deaths.

The bodies were found on the road by a passing cabdriver around 5am today.

Clothing was discovered on the roof, leading authorities to suspect the man and woman, in their early 20s, may have been having sex. Their identities were not released.

"It's too early to rule out anything," Columbia police Sgt Florence McCants said, but McCants said a preliminary investigation did not show any sign of foul play.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2007/06/21/1182019233614.html

Boy, 15, performs surgery

CHENNAI, India - An Indian doctor is facing the sack and possible criminal charges after letting his 15-year-old son perform caesarian surgery in a bid to win a place in the Guinness Book of Records.

Members of an Indian Medical Association branch in the southern state of Tamil Nadu said they were stunned when Dr. K. Murugesan showed them a video of schoolboy Dileepan Raj being let loose with a scalpel on an expectant mother.

"How can the doctor convert his nursing home into a butcher's shop by allowing his unqualified son to perform surgery?" the state's health minister, K.K. Ramachandran, said.

"I am ordering an inquiry and tough action will be taken," he said.

Medical sources said the baby was born with a congenital defect unrelated to the surgery and was believed to be alive. Officials will also be looking for the mother, who has the option of filing a complaint to police.

The video also allegedly showed the doctor giving the pregnant mother a spinal anesthetic, even though he was not qualified to do so.

Dr. Murugesan, however, is unrepentant over his action -- convinced that his son deserves to go down in history.

"He said there was no need for him to worry since it was no blue (pornographic) film that he had shot but only one showing his son's achievement," said Dr. T. N. Ravishankar, secretary of the state branch of the Indian Medical Association.

Witnesses of the video, however, referred the matter to the state medical council -- prompting the order for an investigation.

"We do not have the video CD as evidence but there are enough doctors who have seen it. Also, Dr. Murugesan's statement is damning in itself," Ravishankar said.

Medical officials said the stunt could lead to the doctor being barred from the medical profession, as well as possible criminal charges for helping a minor inflict injury. His son could also face charges.

The doctor at the centre of the scandal could not immediately be reached for comment, as staff at his Mathi Surgical and Maternity Hospital said he was busy in surgery.

But in comments made to the Tamil-language Kumudam Reporter, a bi-weekly paper, Dr. Murugesan insisted he had done nothing wrong -- explaining his son had been under his tuition for several years and had conducted surgery before.

"What is wrong with my son performing surgery, when a 10-year-old can drive a car and a 15-year-old can get a medical degree in America?" he was quoted as saying

Stab victim 'continued masturbating'

A Brisbane woman stabbed a male friend twice in the shower after he refused to stop masturbating in front of her children.

Defence lawyers for Kylie Louise Wilson, 28, said the mother of two "lost it" when her friend of six years, Daniel Peter Blair, went on a masturbation marathon on April 6 last year.

Brisbane's District Court this morning heard Mr Blair had showed up at Wilson's Birkdale unit, in Redland Shire, where he took amphetamines before having a shower.

Whilst in the bathroom, Mr Blair, 32, began pleasuring himself, before moving to Wilson's bedroom, where he rolled around naked on her bed and continued his lewd conduct.

He returned to the bathroom for more and was busted by Wilson, who was attempting to bath her three-and-a-half year-old daughter.

The court heard Mr Blair refused her repeated requests to stop, prompting her to fetch a knife from the kitchen which she used to stab him twice in the left shoulder.

Crown prosecutors said Mr Blair paused only to put on his shorts and flee outside to wait for police to arrive, but was again overcome by the urge.

"Despite his injury, it seems (Mr Blair) continued to masturbate while in the garage," the prosecutor said.

Police took him to hospital where he received treatment for the minor stab wounds.

Wilson pleaded guilty to one count each of unlawful wounding and wilful damage.

Her defence barrister, Mark Johnson, said Wilson regarded Mr Blair as a "tolerably decent person" when he was not using drugs, but had become "extremely protective" of her daughter under the circumstances.

"He was in and out and round about, doing this sort of thing all over the house, " Mr Johnson said.

"She just lost it, to put it crudely."

Senior Judge Gilbert Trafford Walker accepted the Crown's submission that Wilson had been subjected to "grossly offensive conduct ... which in a moral sense amounts to extreme provocation."

He sentenced her to nine months' jail but ordered that she be immediately released on parole.

Edited by Aelfgifu - 22-Jun-2007 at 07:07

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 05:35

Nude blonde, gold stilettos and Ferrari

Tuesday Jul 24 15:15 AEST
A%20mysterious%20blonde%20paid%20a%20visit%20to%20a%20petrol%20station%20shop%20in%20the%20small%20eastern%20German%20town%20of%20Doemitz%20on%20Sunday,%20wearing%20nothing%20but%20a%20pair%20of%20golden%20stilettos.

A mysterious blonde paid a visit to a petrol station shop in the small eastern German town of Doemitz on Sunday - wearing nothing but a pair of golden stilettos and a thin gold bracelet.

The tall, slender woman strolled into the shop in the town of Doemitz on the warm afternoon and bought cigarettes, petrol station employee Ines Swoboda told Reuters on Monday.

"I wasn't surprised because she's come in naked before - she's a very nice woman," Swoboda said, adding none of the other customers was bothered. The woman could have faced charges of creating a public disturbance if anyone had complained.

A quick-witted customer did, however, snap pictures of the woman believed to be about 30 years old as she walked back to a waiting Ferrari and climbed into the passenger seat.

Several of those photos appeared in the German media on Monday.

Donasin View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Donasin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 01:09
I figure I should share this with you guys.

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 04:02
What's with the Willy-word? It is called a penis. See, not a scary word at all.... Confused

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 04:18
Donasin, it makes one cringe just to read that!
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 09:21

What's with the Willy-word? It is called a penis. See, not a scary word at all.... Confused

hehehe you said penis *giggles like a stereotypical schoolgirl*
Donasin View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Donasin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 23:07
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Donasin, it makes one cringe just to read that!

I know right? LOL

This one isn't as funny but it is kinda silly and teaches a valuable lesson.

Exiled Blogger

Blogger forced to flee town after branding it a s***-hole
By PA Mediapoint
Friday, 22 December 2006

bloggerA newly appointed manager of a chocolate shop had to flee his job after branding the town a s***-hole online.

Steve Beall (pictured) was moved from his home town in the North East to run the new Cafe Thorntons in the shipbuilding town of Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, two weeks ago.

But he kept an online diary, or blog, on the popular Myspace.com website - branding his new home rough and boring.

After news of his comments became known, locals descended on the shop - and the police had to be called. Beall, 20, has now left his post, and the boss of the chocolate firm has made a grovelling apology to the town.

The young shop manager was moved from his home in Whitley Bay, near Newcastle upon Tyne, and put up in a Travelodge hotel while he helped start up the new shop - but vented his frustrations on MySpace.

Beall, who uses the name Stevo online, wrote: Well then what is there to say about Barrow in Furness apart from its a s***-hole!! How the hell people live there Ill never no (sic).

Its very rough, give me Newcastle any day and staying in a Travelodge by yourself for over a week is very boring!.

The manager blasted the town after vandals smashed the shops window the day before its official opening on December 8.

Beall wrote: The first day I was there the little s**** put my shop window through stealing over a grands worth of stock!! Ive had a few shoplifters which Im not used to. Im tired, stressed and need to drink.

Locals rounded on the manager - and police had to be called after his comments were printed in Barrows local paper.

A steady stream of people visited the shop to tell the manager that if he did not like Barrrow he should go elsewhere - or words to that effect.

Others said they would not be visiting the shop again.

Bealls comments have now been removed from MySpace - and he has been removed from Barrow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>