Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBody building

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Body building
    Posted: 08-May-2007 at 16:26
Hi folks,

does anyone here work out to get his muscles?Cool
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 16:29
No, i only do brain building. With much success as you might have noticed already.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 16:31
Brain power is unmatchable.. but also muscle power is required.. at least you should know how to protect self and ur family in a street fight

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 16:38
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Brain power is unmatchable.. but also muscle power is required.. at least you should know how to protect self and ur family in a street fight

buy using a machine-gun, no muscle power is necessary. And Diplomat, there are only few street fights in Reykjavik. Might be some old tomcats are disputing about a foul-smelling fish, nothing more.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 16:43
Lol.. but if u  ever go to Brazil, you might need to know how to fight

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 17:22

I do, but not to get huge - 6'2" (188cm) and weigh 195lbs, about 84KG.  I go at least 3 (6 hours) times per week without fail, if I miss it I feel very guilty and like my hard work has gone to waste.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 19:46
I follow a strict regimen, 3 days on, 1 day off. I simply constantly repeat this cycle, with each gym session going for about 75 minutes.

I moved suburbs at the beginning of the year and joined up at a newer and much more modern gym. I'm loving the results, I have gone from 74 to 77 KG since January - all of it lean muscle.

And yes, it would benefit a lot of people who are worried they need a gun to protect themselves to instead go to the gym. Muggers and thieves are cowards, if they see you in the street and you look well built they will generally leave you alone and wait for someone weaker looking. Of course, going to the gym requires a lot more hard work than simply toting a gun around LOL

Something tells me that someone so scared as to carry a gun around is exactly the sort of person who would most benefit from the feeling of self confidence and accomplishment that comes with achieving control over one's fitness.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 01:13

But then who ever takes his whole family to a street fight?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 01:31
used to train, but not as strict as Constantine, mostly was for fun in summer holidays.

kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 01:32
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

I'd take this family out to a street fight...

kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 02:37
I regularly train my body in my theater studies; in the summer I go to a gym. However, I must say, if you want to be ready for street fight you'd better study wing chun, aikido,jiujitsu, etc. Muscles seem fascinating but not effective enough for self-defense on the street. I also advise you to swim so that you have longer, flexible and stronger muscles. Training with weights make the muscles look better but not as strong as long muscles and it also makes clumsier.
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 05:13

LOL Dude, you must be too much involved with virtual life that you forgot some realities of real life... Bud, there are a lot of psychos and weirdos out there!!!!. You can never know what might happen when you and your family were having a walk.  Being prepared is always good

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 05:15
Originally posted by kotumeyil

However, I must say, if you want to be ready for street fight you'd better study wing chun, aikido,jiujitsu, etc. Muscles seem fascinating but not effective enough for self-defense on the street. I also advise you to swim so that you have longer, flexible and stronger muscles. Training with weights make the muscles look better but not as strong as long muscles and it also makes clumsier.

Exactly. But what I indirectly tried to point out was the importance of deterrence. A strong look will give your potential agressor a deterrence effect to some extend at least

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 05:16
Originally posted by Constantine XI

I moved suburbs at the beginning of the year and joined up at a newer and much more modern gym. I'm loving the results, I have gone from 74 to 77 KG since January - all of it lean muscle.

so have you onserved any change in the looks of girls at you?Wink I am curious to learn if girls place a very high value on very muscled-look men.

what do you think?

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 05:18
Originally posted by kasper

I'd take this family out to a street fight...

LOLLOLLOL

Is this a traditional American family?Wink

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 05:28
I work out yes... I would not call it body-building though... I do karate training once a week (1 1/2 hour) and I try to go to the gym twice a week. (1 1/2 hours as well, although 45 mins of that are spend on various cardiomachines. I prefer the cross-trainer thing...) I am trying to lose weight (since I was 16, so my hopes are not high...), but since december, I have lost not a single pound. I still weigh more than Constantine... Embarrassed, but it seems that some of the padding is starting to turn into firmness, so I'll just take that as an achievement...

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 05:33
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

I am trying to lose weight (since I was 16, so my hopes are not high...), but since december, I have lost not a single pound. I still weigh more than Constantine... Embarrassed, but it seems that some of the padding is starting to turn into firmness, so I'll just take that as an achievement...

well, if your main goal is to lose weight, doing sports is not enough..and most important factor is to take care of what you eat. If you're so motivated to lose wieght, you should say goodbye to two things in your life: oil and sugar

olvios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 05:40
Isnt  bodybuilding based  on steroids?at least the professional one.
http://www.hoplites.net/
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 05:47

Originally posted by Aelfgifu

I am trying to lose weight (since I was 16, so my hopes are not high...), but since december, I have lost not a single pound. I still weigh more than Constantine... Embarrassed, but it seems that some of the padding is starting to turn into firmness, so I'll just take that as an achievement...

well, if your main goal is to lose weight, doing sports is not enough..and most important factor is to take care of what you eat. If you're so motivated to lose wieght, you should say goodbye to two things in your life: oil and sugar

Don't tell me... I've read all about it...ConfusedLOL. I have forsworn sugar mostly, I do not like sweet much anyway, I'm more in favor of sour. But oil... yes, that is hard.

Did you know that oils and fats are the substances that give us a satisfied and saturated feeling? Without them, we will not feel like we have had enough to eat, even though we had plenty...

The thing is, I've carefully watched my diet for ages, with a lot of chagrin as the only visible result. So now I just eat carefully but without abstaining from anything too much, and take care to move enough, and actively try to boost my selfacceptance... Big%20smile works a lot better you know! I am heavier now than I was at 20, but I feel a lot more happy about myself...

(oh, and I know this is a bitchy thing only a girl can come up with... but having fatter friends, and, even better, fatter enemies, helps a lot... Evil%20Smile)

Edited by Aelfgifu - 09-May-2007 at 05:48

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
olvios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 05:55
Check your thyroid for hypothyroidism maybe its that.
http://www.hoplites.net/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>