Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

yavuz selim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nomadII View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nomadII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yavuz selim
    Posted: 08-May-2007 at 16:14
Hello all,

I am looking for info on yavuz salim, i think it would be sultan salim the 1st, but maybe im wrong. I have just moved to turkey and live near the big yavuz salim mosque. Please dont copy and paste from wilkipedia type thing because i have searched there. I am looking for a more islamic historian perspective.

Thanks in advance.

Nomad II
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 22:24
what is an "islamic historian perspective"?
I am a free donkey!
nomadII View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote nomadII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 01:36
A muslim historian perspective, rather than someone who oppossed his ideaologies. History can be told with many different flavours depending on which side of the fence you are.

thank you

Nomad II
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2007 at 15:30
Are you searchhing something about yavuz sultan selim???

I think that ı can help you
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2007 at 03:39
there is a good book about the Ottoman Empire from Islamic sources, the book called "History of the Ottoman State" by Mohammed Farid Bek.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2007 at 09:27
Selim the Grim. He was the ninth Ottoman Sultan. Continued with territorial growth of the empire. Became Caliph. Tried to unite Muslims (Sunni).

Many english language books about the Ottoman's will have segments about Selim. Try this one "History of the Ottoman Empire and Modern Turkey - Volume I, Stanford Shaw.

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2007 at 11:33

Selim I (Yavuz Sultan Selim) is the Ottoman Sultan who added Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Hejaz into Ottoman borders during his eight years of short reign, to detail the information Seko had given. He was a bold commander.

He confronted with the Shiite people of Anatolia and also Shah Ismail I of Safavids.
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
nomadII View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote nomadII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2007 at 16:35
thankyou very much, i will read the books.
 Post Reply Post Reply