Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another round of diplomacy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another round of diplomacy?
    Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 10:13
Rider asked me to start this thread, which will organize another diplomacy game.

Anyone is interested?
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 11:28
Maybe an outline of concept and/or rules would prove usefull?

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 15:03
Oh, sorry! The primary associational error (a fancy way of saying egocentrism) took over.

The game is played with several players, representing different countries. In each turn, the players move their fleets or armies, with the goal of gaining new supply centers, which are the spaces that give you more armies or fleets.

Before each round, people get to negotiate on how they are going to move, and all of the orders for moving your pieces are submitted at the same time.

The trick is... you don't have to follow through with your promises. :)

Goal: win over the world :)

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 15:23
This is the map.

Edited by hugoestr - 19-Apr-2007 at 15:28
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 19:09
I would play, but I dont know the rules :(
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 02:16

You can count me in! Thumbs%20Up

Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 02:49
where do you play it? I mean do it have a speacial page?
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 05:12
It is played usually over emails but here we might count PMs in too... the updates on how it is going would be either at email and at a topic (or only at a topic).

Mamikon, it is not hard to learn at all... I don't think uyou'd be the only beginner.. good to see you and Giannis volunteer. Thanksm
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2007 at 11:35
It is a great game.. Last year we played three games under the eladership of MajuLOL 

You really feel like a diplomat. Please bear in mind the fact that this is not a wargfare game! But diplomacy . It is a game of international intrigue!

This map is a variant one...So I guess Hugo is organizing a variant one.

You can get diplomacy rules at here:

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2007 at 11:37
Ok guys Count me in as well!Smile

kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2007 at 14:05
This looks like fun Smile.  If i have the time, i'll defiantly play.  I'll take a look at the rules now.  
Kilroy was here.
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2007 at 14:09
I'd love to play, but I'm completly at a loss. Perhaps I could play and pick up on the essentials as we move on, eh?
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2007 at 14:27

According to the map, there are seven major players: Germany, England, France, Turkey, Russia, Italy, and Spain....

Hugo, since most of the wanna-be players have just got to know about this game. I propose playing the original game... So our members can read many articles on strategies and alliances, and easily make up their minds.

what do you say? Europe before WWI- THE 1914 GAME

Edited by TheDiplomat - 21-Apr-2007 at 14:29

Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2007 at 16:10
Meh, I love these kind of games, just like the Total War series. I would love to join when its avaliable Smile
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2007 at 18:42
So no Australia? Unhappy No problem! If it fits in with my timetable, I'll give it a go - count me in too (on the basis that I'm free)
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 03:01
I would love to play this too. This is certainly the way to play it too, I haven't played diplomacy before but I have played Risk. The problem with these games is that they take too long to complete. But over the internet thats not a problem.

I won't play this time, because I seriously don't have the time. But I'll certainly observe. I suggest googling to see if there is an internet version of the game around. I'll bet there is. It might make it easier to control the game (alternatively depending on how it was written it may make it harder) I'd write one for you myself - but again I don't have the time.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 05:00
Aaargghh... Spamminmgggnd:d

Okay. I think we have enough people (I think).

Arda, I chose the map. But I think that six practice rounds would be fine (on the normal map) and then we'd move to the one I proposed.

Eight players have proposed. There are 7 places...

Omar, there are programs supposed to do everything when you enter the orders. Check out: jDip

It needs Java Runtime...
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 06:12
I am in. But what kind of a map is this, Hugo and Rider? Can't we just play Standard? That map Hugo put above is just weird...

Edited by Kapikulu - 22-Apr-2007 at 06:20
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 08:16
Oh... that makes things more complicated...

The map above is one I like.. :D... and it represents 15th century Europe.

So, people who have said yes are:

Mamikon
Giannis
Arda
FrederickRoger
Kilroy
Kamikaze
Knights
Kapikulu

This makes a total of eight players. I'll update it shortly...
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 09:41
I'm afraid I will have to pull out of the upcoming one, though I will learn how to play and be ready for the next. My apologies. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>