Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transferring Vinyl to CD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transferring Vinyl to CD
    Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 17:35
Is their anyone who has knowledge of this, or knows where I can get an overview, process, hardware etc.  I have an extensive collection of rare titles, [Morty- a treasure trove of BR stuff]  I would like to be able to preserve it and also share some of the more interesting stuff.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 18:08
He, funnily enough i know someone who recently bought a USB record player that is intended to just the job.
I'll let you know more about it when i've seen it in action.
Arrrgh!!"
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 18:54
Actually, all you need is software - the hardware is in your computer (if your soundcard has a "Line in")

You can get many different qualities - here is a cheap example

Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 18:57
You could do well to buy a soundcard slightly better than the one that comes with a normal computer.. but you don't have to spend a lot of money.  A lot can be done by running from the  stereo amp into the "Line in" at the back of the computer.  I've done it plenty of times and the quality satisfied me.
 Post Reply Post Reply