Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question
    Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 15:22
are there any wild bears in india?
if so what are they?
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 05:09
Yes, no idea what type they are. They have sloth bears, and the ones that are often used as dancing bears (which might well be sloth bears for all i know).

Arrrgh!!"
Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2005 at 21:17
"The Jungle Book" took place in eastern or central India, so I suppose Baloo was a sloth bear.  I have also heard of sun bears in Malaysia and Thailand; do they live in India, too?
Nothing truly great is achieved through moderation.--Prof. M.A.R. Barker
Kshtriya View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Kshtriya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2005 at 12:31

Originally posted by Cywr

Yes, no idea what type they are. They have sloth bears, and the ones that are often used as dancing bears (which might well be sloth bears for all i know).

I don't know how you have somehow got mixed up with the activities of Medieval Europe, but that just does not take place. Democratic law and religious beliefs are strongly against it (the majority of India is vegetarian, and they only use animals for milk and maybe eggs). Black bears are found in the north of India, a mountainous place called Kashmir.

Men grow tired of love, sleep and food before they grow tired of war
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2005 at 13:02
Modern Pakistan isn't medieval Europe, the species of bear used there doesn't magicly stop at the Indo-Pak border, even if the practice does.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply