Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Book Club: Aprils Booksl!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Book Club: Aprils Booksl!
    Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 20:07
Important notice for the AE Book Club. 

Since there was a tie between Fords' The Last King and Diamonds Guns, Germs and Steel (besides that one late vote Tongue).  We have decided to do both books for Aprils book club discussion.

Dawn will be heading up the discussion for The Last King and i will be heading up the discussion on Guns, Germs and Steel.  And if you wish, you may read both books and participate in both discussions. 

The discussion will begin on April the 30th. 

Some facts for the more organized reader, Guns, Germs and Steel is approximately 480 pages in length, given the 30 day time span we have for reading, one may have to read about 16 pages a day in order to finish by the end of the month Tongue.  For The Last King, it weighs in at about 432 pages, so one would have to read 14.4 pages per day Tongue.

Also, a quick reminder, my PM inbox is always open to book ideas for the upcoming months selection!  So if you have an interesting book you would like to see discussed or shared with us drop me a PM! 

Happy reading everybody!

Edited by kilroy - 29-Apr-2007 at 14:37
Kilroy was here.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 19:30
My new copy of Guns,Germs and Steel came today.It's so pretty Approve
So how many pages do I have to read today to catch up?

Edited by Dawn - 06-Apr-2007 at 19:31
kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 19:52
About 100 i think?  I wouldn't know, i haven't been keeping with that daily schedule, i'm at about 130 right now.

I'm still waiting for my copy of The Last King.
Kilroy was here.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 20:22
So how is the reading coming everyone?
kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 15:12
Originally posted by Dawn

So how is the reading coming everyone?

Not to bad Dawn.  I'm about 3/4 through Guns, Germs and Steel but i just received my copy of The Last King, which means i got some reading ahead of me! 
Kilroy was here.
 Post Reply Post Reply