Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

F/A-18E Super Hornet - A failure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F/A-18E Super Hornet - A failure
    Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 12:33
I have heard that in some US Navy circles, the F/A-18E Super Hornet has come under criticism. Anyone know anything about this?

Edited by Chwyatt - 26-Mar-2007 at 12:33
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 19:07
Originally posted by Chwyatt

I have heard that in some US Navy circles, the F/A-18E Super Hornet has come under criticism. Anyone know anything about this?

I have not heard this.  An Airforce friend of mine told me that he flew against one in a demonstration flight and that the Hornet's thrust vectoring capability was dazzling.

Maybe the complaints are the one verse two seat concept.  I think that there is a movement in USN,USAF,  Israeli Airforce to favor two seat planes, even if one person is technically capable of flying them. 

Edited by Cryptic - 26-Mar-2007 at 19:08
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 19:27
It has had quite a few problems some fixed some temporarily kind of fixed. It's 3000lbs heavier then first expected. It had a serious wing drop problem which was fixed at the cost of performance. Its also having a software issue amongst other things but all and all it should be ready by next year. It will suit the Navy's needs and compliment the F-35 nicely.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
 Post Reply Post Reply