Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EC Qualification Clash - Greece vs Turkey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
alexISS View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alexISS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EC Qualification Clash - Greece vs Turkey
    Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 05:58
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

I admitedly only saw the last two Greek games, but you were totally outplayed in both of them.

Greece was a defence-oriented team, she was not outplayed just because she had fewer chances for a goal, that was expected. Our defence was simply better than that of Portugal, Czech Rep or France. Far from being outplayed
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" Groucho
alexISS View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote alexISS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 05:49
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Ok, I'm neither a greek nationalist nor am i a turkish dreamer.

Both of this teams will not have a whiff of a chance against the upcoming champion Germany.  Thumbs%20Up

If Cyprus got one point from Germany, both Turkey and Greece can get threeWink

Congratulations to the Turkish national team by the way, a well deserved victory and a well deserved defeat for the Greek team, I was so furstrated with their performance that near the end of the game I was hoping for a fifth goal from the Turks
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" Groucho
Turkish Soul View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkish Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 16:22
Originally posted by Spartakus

If i was a Nationalist,i would not have bothered even to look at this topic,not to mention reply.

I remember wrongly so excuse meWink
dardanos
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 16:15

I am going to be honest with you ..... I DO NOT CARE!!!!!!!Approve

It's just what I expected Cool

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 16:00
I am going to be honest with you ..... I DO NOT CARE!!!!!!!Approve
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 15:57
Ok, I'm neither a greek nationalist nor am i a turkish dreamer.

Both of this teams will not have a whiff of a chance against the upcoming champion Germany.  Thumbs%20Up

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 15:40

If i was a Nationalist,i would not have bothered even to look at this topic,not to mention reply.

--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Turkish Soul View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkish Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 15:30

I do not accept Sabri as a football player.He is onlay a runner and the only thing he does is running without hinhking annd no technique. Mehmet Topuz is much more better.

Spartakus I remember you as a Greek nationalist.If I am wrong I am sorry then.
dardanos
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 08:44

What a game, two of the most emotionally hyper charged football teams playing each other = an action packed 90 minutes.

Now I don't know if you noticed but the Turkish keeper seemed to have left his brain in Turkey, the guy was all over the place swinging off the cross-bar, jumping around like a derranged chimp making a real bafoon of himself.

The Greek keeper had one terrible howler of a game aswell, the only difference being he was more unlucky than the Turkish keeper.

I was really suprised by Sabri and Tumer I thought they were fantastic.

Samarras was causing a threat up-front but the rest of his team had fallen asleep after 5 minutes.

I don't know why but Turkey always do better when everybody writes them off, alot of key players were injured but the replacements performed much better than the A team.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 07:47
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Anyone knows why the Bosnian fans threw fireworks at their own team btw, setting the goalkeeper on fire?

You are asking this about people who transport fireworks in their underwear? Confused

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 07:27
Originally posted by xristar

The 2004 didn't suck stybiorn. You may not want to accept it, but we won fair and square the title, defeating pretty much every opponent. We may have played ugly football, but it was still very effective.
I admitedly only saw the last two Greek games, but you were totally outplayed in both of them. Of course I accept you won fair and square - a win is a win, that's football - but that doesn't mean you played good football. But let's leave that discussion, it's not appropriate here Smile

---
Anyone knows why the Bosnian fans threw fireworks at their own team btw, setting the goalkeeper on fire?

Edited by Styrbiorn - 26-Mar-2007 at 07:29
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 04:33
I didn't expect such a heavy loss, Greece thought that she was going to play against a mediocre team, because of the absence of some turkish players. Congratulations to Turkey and Bosnia, but especially to Kazakstan for their first win in an official UEFA game.

Edited by Giannis - 26-Mar-2007 at 05:55
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 04:20

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Man, the match was awesome !Cool

I really enjoyed it...

Defeating Greece in Athens 4-1 really rocked!Thumbs%20Up

You know what makes this match more interesting is that today,(the day after the match) is Greek national holiday which is related with the Turks.
Celebrations in Athens today must be really in a low morale after yesterdays matchLOL

A man who connects history with a football match,is really small........

Did you ever read about The Football War in history? Cry
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 03:57
Offffff.... You are the most liberal pesonality that I have ever seen Mortaza.   LOL

No need for trolling.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 01:20
Originally posted by erci

Not a big deal.It's just football.Football was never our strong point.

Don't be so naive.If Greece had won tonight and Turkey lost you were going to open this thread Wink

Btw congrats Bosnia for beating norway tonight as well Clap

I didn't know we beat Norway Clap
Congrats to Turkiye Clap
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 00:51
Originally posted by Mortaza

Turkey was bad, greece was worse.

Anyway, still a win is a win.

Offffff.... You are the most liberal pesonality that I have ever seen Mortaza.   LOL

It was a sports game at the end. All players were gentlmen on the field. Turkey played very well. Greece was not that good especially goalkeeper Nikopolides. But he was a good goalkeeper and Greece won the European title thanks to him. I think he must always deserve respect in Greece.

Second point is that Greece wanted to play offensively against Turkey. This is not their usual tactics. If Geek team leave to much free space and push their defence line too far, it seems like they will face same difficulties. 
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 16:48
We deserved something better than 1-4. Perhaps 1-3 :).

The 2004 didn't suck stybiorn. You may not want to accept it, but we won fair and square the title, defeating pretty much every opponent. We may have played ugly football, but it was still very effective.
Something that it wasn't yesterday against Turkey. The players are equal to the 2004 players (well, most of them are the same people actually). But they don't have organization and discipline. And passion. That's why I liked that people boohed Seitaridis. And they should have boohed more players. Because they are nice and good when they play with their teams, receiving millions, but they can't move their feet when playing for the national team.
The main responsibility I think belongs to the coach, however. The players, even not passionately, play football. Bad organization and discipline are the coach's fault. Just as Turkey didn't lose control of the game after 1-0.

About the fans dropping objects I say it's bad and stupid, but it's natural (mr. Sotirakopoule) when the team is losing in a home game, 1-4, by Turkey. Simply natural.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 14:33
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Man, the match was awesome !Cool

I really enjoyed it...

Defeating Greece in Athens 4-1 really rocked!Thumbs%20Up

You know what makes this match more interesting is that today,(the day after the match) is Greek national holiday which is related with the Turks.
Celebrations in Athens today must be really in a low morale after yesterdays matchLOL

A man who connects history with a football match,is really small........
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 14:02
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Paah, Greece. Even the team of my grandpa's friends will defeat this team.
And the Turkish as well, might be with the help of my grandma's friends.

What about Iceland?

I remember that when I was in Latvia, Latvia defeated Iceland 4-0 Wink
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 13:19
Paah, Greece. Even the team of my grandpa's friends will defeat this team.
And the Turkish as well, might be with the help of my grandma's friends.

Ok, cause obviously none of you experts will notice the tremendous performance of the German team, i felt impelled to open a new thread:
EC Qualification Clash - Czechia vs. Germany !!!
Wink

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 25-Mar-2007 at 13:22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>