Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Europa Universalis II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Europa Universalis II
    Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 11:08

Are there any fans of the Paradox Entertainment's great game? I'm a huge fan. I usually play the Grand Campaign (1419-1820). Among the many nations I've played with, my favorites and most successful were the Ottomans, the Portuguese and the Papal States. I've also played with Nippon (Japan), Byzantium and the Moors from Granada but it wasn't that good.

What are your favorites sides and campaigns (if any)?

Edited by Infidel
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 19:12
I've played Europa on warcraft and thats about it.
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 10:55
Europa is flawed genous, such a great game, so many bugs and stablitiy issues.  SInce Ive beaten it as most of the major nations (China, Portugal, England, Ottomans, Venice, Muscovy etc) Im now in my play as the underdog phase where I play as native American tribes, small southeast Asian counties and African states and try my best to be a big power, Im getting good at it, my Malacca game is like a trans-polynesia pacific empire of spice!
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2005 at 05:09
One of my favourite all time games.
I recomend the AGC-EEP mod, ifs worth trying, though it might give you the urge to go and do all those countries again.
Arrrgh!!"
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2005 at 06:29
Originally posted by Tobodai

Europa is flawed genous, such a great game, so many bugs and stablitiy issues. SInce Ive beaten it as most of the major nations (China, Portugal, England, Ottomans, Venice, Muscovy etc) Im now in my play as the underdog phase where I play as native American tribes, small southeast Asian counties and African states and try my best to be a big power, Im getting good at it, my Malacca game is like a trans-polynesia pacific empire of spice!

Well, the later patches have neither bugs nor stability issues, you could try downloading those.

What happened with the forum MP people were talking about a long time ago, BTW?
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2005 at 12:55
me, mast and another guy from a German forum have just started a new game last week....
Conquistador View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Conquistador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 09:57

It's a great game!

I usually play as Russia (Muscovy), the Ottoman Empire, Sweden, Poland or Austria. I have also tried nations like Spain, England, France, China... and of course Denmark (Denmark-Norway )

I don't really play the Grand Campaign, I usually just begin with "the Age of Exploration" because I feel I just spend the 100 first years of the Grand Campaign not doing anything like builidng things and get new technology!

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2005 at 19:18
The first 100 years can be crutial to become a big empire. That's why I usually play the Grand Campaign
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2005 at 18:07
Yeah, and investing the money right is crucial too, what to research, when to manualt send out merchants (don't use Auto-manage, its crap).
Havn't played the game in a while though, and have lost all the saved games. Serves me right for rarely finishing games that i start. Meh.

Heres a map of an (almost) unified Papal Italy:

A weak France, a divided Spain, with a weak Castile and Argon dominant, and Grenada still surviving. And Uber Lorraine. And look, Gibralter is English
That game was full of wierdness, The Papal states were by far the dominant coloniser in the Americas, with only Carribean Islands and bits of Brazil claimed by anyone else. Hmm, i might be able to salvage it of the other hard drive, hmmm

P.S. Notice the mini-map of the world in the bottom left corner

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Benceno View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Benceno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2005 at 20:45
Originally posted by Cywr

P.S. Notice the mini-map of the world in the bottom left corner

There's something weird about it. Mine looks rather different...

A great game. Making strange things is very funny in EU2, last game I played was with Sweden, I united all of scandinavia and the land between Zeeland and jylland. After some decades, I was able to explore and built a huge sweden colonial empire, conquering most of the american natives.
Hola.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2005 at 00:08
Yeah, it looks better no?
It changes the colours of the continents IIRC, making them more visible. I have it zipped somewhere, its on the EU forums, but in some obscure thread. Meh, if you want it ask.
Arrrgh!!"
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2005 at 16:12

this is from our current EU2 online game:

Wittmann (from the German gaming forum im also member) is Austria, I'm Russia and Mast is Brandenburg. Austria got superhuge by peacefully annexing half of Germany and lorraine, how managed to cripple France similar to what happened in Cywrs game. Spain is pretty strong (Portugal still exists if you wodner), so is Genoa who has many provicnes and is in a strong alliance with the oterh italian states. conquered all by myself and am currently allied to a big Georgia. Mast is still small due to the early encirclement of Brandenburg by Poland and the fact that he has skipped some sessions lately.
Austria has 260 something manpower and few colonies mainly in northern america. from this you can see that Austria is a bit unfair to play if you concentrate on peaceful annexations (which sucks anyways, too unrealistic) + inheriting Burgundy (parts of), Bohemia and Hungary for free.

Peet View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Peet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2005 at 18:39
I have a really big problem with the colonization success. The percentage of success bacame after some time very low -  only 1%. My provence munnber is really big - about 150. How cann I change this?
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2005 at 23:32
EUII?
In that case, having many provinces in the colony stage at the same time reduces your sucess rate, best to have only 3-4 and develop them to city level, before starting more.
Arrrgh!!"
Peet View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Peet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 10:29
Thanks Cywr! Does anyone know where can I find a good help for EU2, a link or something like that.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 17:25
The Official Forums is a good place to start. There are some stickies with links to important/usefull threads, and an entuire subforum dedicated to FAQs regarding the game, as well as scenarios and mods and such.
Arrrgh!!"
Drunt Ba'adur View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Drunt Ba'adur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 16:58
Europa Universalis(1 & 2), Hearts of Iron(1 & 2), Victoria...
Paradox is making the best historical-games ever done. EU2 has given me a lot of hours of gaming with computer or other humans.
mitablesan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote mitablesan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 04:06
Hey, guys!

I like starting with small states. There R problems in the start of a game, but later it`s easy. Can  somebody tell me how to join a  war instead of starting one?
 U should get Caius belli against a state thet attacs Ure ally!
Peet View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Peet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 09:18

Problem.

I'm playing Spain, Portugal is my Vassal for more than 20 years. I'have set my relations up to +199, but I still can not annex the country. The Annex-button is simpy not active! Why is that? We have the same religion and all that stuff.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2006 at 22:09
You have to be in alliance with them.

Wow, was that ever a fast response!

Anyways, there are now map mods for EUII that improve the map and add more provinces. South America has much more provinces, as does Afrca, Asia looks better too especialy India, and Mongolia actualy looks like Mongolia. There are more islands too, which is handy.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>