Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most...Stubborn Balkan Nation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Most...Stubborn Balkan nation?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [8.11%]
2 [5.41%]
3 [8.11%]
5 [13.51%]
3 [8.11%]
3 [8.11%]
12 [32.43%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [5.41%]
1 [2.70%]
3 [8.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most...Stubborn Balkan Nation?
    Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 09:40
Originally posted by Balaam

So thats what/where the Balkans are.....

LOL

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 09:48
Originally posted by es_bih

Anyone could have beated Austria in 1914, they were the sick man of Europe, just like the Ottoman state had been in 1800. Austria is on par with Italy in this time period when it comes to military efficiency, which was virtually non existant.

This statement is really silly Confused 

Please read the thread(s) dedicated to this topic in the past, which you can find using the function search.

Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 10:03

Originally posted by Serge L

I voted Croatia for their stubbornness at maintaining with us old issues dating from WWII (for instance, proibition for Italian to own land in Croatia).
However, they will had to can them if the want to join the Union.

That is because the Italians have been trying to take away Croatian coastal lands for centuries. I completely understand their phobia of Italian landownership.

From the Italian point of view you can say the same about the attempts of the Balkanic Slavs to take away those coastal lands from Romance speaking people living there since the times of the Roman Empire.

Anyway I voted for Serbia too Smile

Edited by Leonardo - 19-Mar-2007 at 10:16
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 11:44
Originally posted by Leonardo

Originally posted by Serge L

I voted Croatia for their stubbornness at maintaining with us old issues dating from WWII (for instance, proibition for Italian to own land in Croatia).
However, they will had to can them if the want to join the Union.

That is because the Italians have been trying to take away Croatian coastal lands for centuries. I completely understand their phobia of Italian landownership.

From the Italian point of view you can say the same about the attempts of the Balkanic Slavs to take away those coastal lands from Romance speaking people living there since the times of the Roman Empire.

Anyway I voted for Serbia too Smile

Key word Romance speaking not Italians themselves my friend. Italy is confined to very clear borders. Across the coast is not Italy it's imperalism. I'm sorry but the Croatian point of view seems more reasonable of the two. The Croatians are a composition of those Illyrian, and Romance speaking components alongside the Slavic ones. They represent more the heritage of that region in my opinon.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 19:50
Originally posted by Dan Carkner

OK, let's have a thread about the best kind of apples ;)

Ok... if Serbia is an apple, then... what is Turkey/Ottoman Empire? A huge watermelon!

Ack- , apples don't taste that great anyway. Let's talk about... sugar!

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 23:42
Originally posted by Leonardo

Anyone could have beated Austria in 1914, they were the sick man of Europe, just like the Ottoman state had been in 1800. Austria is on par with Italy in this time period when it comes to military efficiency, which was virtually non existant.

This statement is really silly Confused 

Please read the thread(s) dedicated to this topic in the past, which you can find using the function search.

It is not silly it is a proven fact, Serbia was not a might to toy with, Serbias military was not on part with the west. They beat the advancing Austrian army nevertheless. It is not a silly statement, it is an observation of the fact. They were not a great military power. The reason Germany kept being allied with them was because of Wilhelm II not Bismarck, Wilhelm II had no foresight, nor tactical knowledge, Bismarck saw the wisdom of a Russian alliance over one with Austria.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2007 at 05:24

?

I never knew what country's made up the Balkans and was always too lazy to look it upLOLLOL
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2007 at 06:31
i think we should of had a separate option for the Maniotis.
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2007 at 18:15
The title's slightly controversial.

If we go throughout history, Albanians could've been considered a part of Turkish nation and Macedonians either Bulgarian or Serbian (Montenegrins still of Serbian).

BTW, Bosnia and Herzegovina is hardly a nation.

Clarification is needed.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2007 at 20:05
Originally posted by Yugoslav

Angry

Please do not get me started on this crap.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2007 at 20:09

?

I never knew what country's made up the Balkans and was always too lazy to look it upLOLLOL

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2007 at 20:11
Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 04:01
Yeh I worked out what it is now from the poll but thanks anyway
Mortazaa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mortazaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 07:54
we go throughout history, Albanians could've been considered a part of Turkish nation and Macedonians either Bulgarian or Serbian (Montenegrins still of Serbian).

bla bla, are you  serbian?
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 12:58

Angry

Please do not get me started on this crap.

For reference see these two (an encyclopedia):

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation

"Bosnia and Herzegovina" is not quite a nation. Please do start => heck, man; this is a forum! Wink
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 13:06
Originally posted by Mortazaa

we go throughout history, Albanians could've been considered a part of Turkish nation and Macedonians either Bulgarian or Serbian (Montenegrins still of Serbian).

bla bla, are you  serbian?

I beg Your pardon?
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 13:22
Its got to be Romania. They are so stubborn, they can't even accept they are in the Balkans!

Central Europe, Pah!

Balaam - I study the Balkans, yet I'm constantly being reminded about how I don't really know what countries are in the Balkans. Depends on who you ask and what period you ask them! Big%20smile
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 13:31

If we go throughout history, Albanians could've been considered a part of Turkish nation and Macedonians either Bulgarian or Serbian (Montenegrins still of Serbian).

Clarification is needed.

oh my god Yugo, you are a genius. Can you explain us more regarding the albanians and their turkish ethno - nationality?

And yes, you should beg your pardon, and wait for apologies if you continue posting nonsense!

About the topic, well...ok I wont comment it
Prej heshtjes...!
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 14:29
Originally posted by Arbr Z

Clarification is needed.

oh my god Yugo, you are a genius. Can you explain us more regarding the albanians and their turkish ethno - nationality?

And yes, you should beg your pardon, and wait for apologies if you continue posting nonsense!

About the topic, well...ok I wont comment it

By the fact that the Ottomans were one nation, which included most parts of the modern-nation Turks and Albanians (but some Greeks and Slavs [Bulgarians and Serbs] too; although not to that far extent). Today however everything is recorded to the Turkish nation.

Why's that nonsense? If you posted "Yugoslavia" as a nation too, I'd daresay it's controversial because "Montenegro", "Bosnia and Herzegovina", "Serbia", "Macedonia", "Croatia" are all already mentioned).

EDIT: Did you know that a regional Egyptian dynasty was founded by an Albanian? However, you could read this only in several places as a side-info; mostly you'll here he was a Turk (Ottomans, remember?).

Edited by Yugoslav - 22-Mar-2007 at 14:37
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 14:42

Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey.

Uh, NOW I understand; this poll is referring to Balkan COUNTRIES. Star
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>