Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most...Stubborn Balkan Nation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Most...Stubborn Balkan nation?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [8.11%]
2 [5.41%]
3 [8.11%]
5 [13.51%]
3 [8.11%]
3 [8.11%]
12 [32.43%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [5.41%]
1 [2.70%]
3 [8.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most...Stubborn Balkan Nation?
    Posted: 23-Mar-2007 at 01:14
Originally posted by Yugoslav

Originally posted by es_bih

Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey.

Uh, NOW I understand; this poll is referring to Balkan COUNTRIES. Star

Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2007 at 19:36

Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey.

Uh, NOW I understand; this poll is referring to Balkan COUNTRIES. Star

Speak, man. Big%20smile
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 14:26

Originally posted by Arbr Z

The title's slightly controversial.

If we go throughout history, Albanians could've been considered a part of Turkish nation and Macedonians either Bulgarian or Serbian (Montenegrins still of Serbian).

BTW, Bosnia and Herzegovina is hardly a nation.

Clarification is needed.

oh my god Yugo, you are a genius. Can you explain us more regarding the albanians and their turkish ethno - nationality?

And yes, you should beg your pardon, and wait for apologies if you continue posting nonsense!

About the topic, well...ok I wont comment it

By the fact that the Ottomans were one nation, which included most parts of the modern-nation Turks and Albanians (but some Greeks and Slavs [Bulgarians and Serbs] too; although not to that far extent). Today however everything is recorded to the Turkish nation.

Why's that nonsense? If you posted "Yugoslavia" as a nation too, I'd daresay it's controversial because "Montenegro", "Bosnia and Herzegovina", "Serbia", "Macedonia", "Croatia" are all already mentioned).

EDIT: Did you know that a regional Egyptian dynasty was founded by an Albanian? However, you could read this only in several places as a side-info; mostly you'll here he was a Turk (Ottomans, remember?).

It is nonsense, and tautologic.

Are we all romans just because the roman empire (which lasted even longer than the ottoman) held the balkans for centuries?

Did i know about Mehmet Ali? Do you have any idea what kind of people frequent this forum? Or perhaps you thought we are here to discuss Formula 1?
Prej heshtjes...!
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 18:26

The title's slightly controversial.

If we go throughout history, Albanians could've been considered a part of Turkish nation and Macedonians either Bulgarian or Serbian (Montenegrins still of Serbian).

BTW, Bosnia and Herzegovina is hardly a nation.

Clarification is needed.

oh my god Yugo, you are a genius. Can you explain us more regarding the albanians and their turkish ethno - nationality?

And yes, you should beg your pardon, and wait for apologies if you continue posting nonsense!

About the topic, well...ok I wont comment it

By the fact that the Ottomans were one nation, which included most parts of the modern-nation Turks and Albanians (but some Greeks and Slavs [Bulgarians and Serbs] too; although not to that far extent). Today however everything is recorded to the Turkish nation.

Why's that nonsense? If you posted "Yugoslavia" as a nation too, I'd daresay it's controversial because "Montenegro", "Bosnia and Herzegovina", "Serbia", "Macedonia", "Croatia" are all already mentioned).

EDIT: Did you know that a regional Egyptian dynasty was founded by an Albanian? However, you could read this only in several places as a side-info; mostly you'll here he was a Turk (Ottomans, remember?).

It is nonsense, and tautologic.

Are we all romans just because the roman empire (which lasted even longer than the ottoman) held the balkans for centuries?

Did i know about Mehmet Ali? Do you have any idea what kind of people frequent this forum? Or perhaps you thought we are here to discuss Formula 1?

That cannot be applied in that case. Tell me, which nation claims heritage (fully founded, and with global support) of the Roman Empire? None. Because that is extinct. However, the Ottomans are not extinct. They "are Turks", roughly said.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 18:36
One nation which claim heritage to Ancient Romans,is the Romanians.

Edited by Spartakus - 24-Mar-2007 at 18:37
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 18:49
I think "Yugoslav" is just trolling.
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 10:09
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

I think "Yugoslav" is just trolling.

What? Why on earth did You come that conclusion? Cry
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 10:28
Originally posted by Spartakus

One nation which claim heritage to Ancient Romans,is the Romanians.

Yes, but they descend from romanized Dacians, and do not claim heritage of the entire Roman civilizations (which should logically most likely go to the Italians, but doesn't).
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 15:12
Yet,they are the only Balkanians who claim heritage from Romans,not only from Romanized Dacians.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 15:30
ah sh*t. Pleasee. If serbs are not turks, than albanians are not.

why do we even talk about this bullsh*t?

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 05:58

by your definition we all are Turkish. Many Albanians fought with and against the ottomans throughout their history and generally no matter what side they fought for they fought well.

heard of the millet system?

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2015 at 12:29
One for all all for one!Smile
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2015 at 14:33
In Turkey, Bosnians and Albanians are known like that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123