Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Assassins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assassins
    Posted: 09-Mar-2007 at 07:48

First of all i would like to say hello to every one, as this is my first post and hopefully not my last. Since i have recently joined, I started by reading the latest article and i came a across this one named: Assassins

http://www.allempires.com/article/index.php?q=assasins

Now i dont call myself an expert, but from what i have read from various sources, seems to be incorrect in couple of points. The First point being the assasination attempt on Salah al-din Yusuf ibn Ayyub. I find no historical documents about this, of course that doesnt mean it did not happen, its simply i would like to be pointed at the right direction to read more about this.

Article also mentions that Hassan II entered into negations with the crusaders. Can any one again point me to the right source to read more about this. Saladin is documented to have been around 1138-1193, Hassan Sabbah is rumored to have been born around mid 1100 and some scholars say he died at the age of 90. If this is true then Hassan II existence becomes a bit dubious at the time frame mentioned. Having read about the Hassan sabbah, I doubt that very much he would have entered into any negotiations with the crusaders, he might have not liked the other sects in Islam but he would not have chosen to help any other religious sects.

As I have mentioned before, the whole idea of this post is for me to learn more about this Ismaili Hero, and not to start a flaming war of who is right or wrong.

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 14:26
I don't know if it's true (Most likely not...) but the word assassin itself came from the legendry Muslim warrior family in the Crusade named Hassassein or something...

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 17:16
so far, the only data that i got is. assassin term is come from Hashishin which mean they who use hasish and then kill their target. And as far I know it is not came from Islamic sect, but from pagan sect
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2007 at 18:57
The word assassin is what the europeans started using. The actuall terminology was Hassanies or childeren of Hassan. They were the followers of Hassan.

Edited by Hassan-i Sabbah - 11-Mar-2007 at 18:58
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 02:17
hmm, I had never read that article before. It was written by Paul who is also one of our editors. He probably hasn't seen this thread yet, so it might be an idea to send him a Private Message. If you were willing to write an article about the assassins for the site I'm sure it would be appreciated.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 08:07
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

hmm, I had never read that article before. It was written by Paul who is also one of our editors. He probably hasn't seen this thread yet, so it might be an idea to send him a Private Message. If you were willing to write an article about the assassins for the site I'm sure it would be appreciated.

I would be more than happy to write an article regarding this discussion. It would be my first ever article but hopefully would be enjoyable to read.  I will also drop paul a PM and point him towards this discussion. What type of time line do i have for getting the article sorted?

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 23:40
Each month of the magazine will have a cut off, but I'm not sure what it is. The best person to talk to would be rider. I'll point him in this direction
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 00:17
Hi,

You are indeed welcome to write an article concerning this issue.

However, I can't say I understand the second part of your question perfectly. Do you mean when the next Magazine comes out? In that case in a few days, but you might write it for a month too.. So, there is no certain time line concerning the date of finishing.

Thanks,
 Post Reply Post Reply