Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTurks in Armenia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turks in Armenia?
    Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 16:37
Originally posted by Kerimoglu

Name me more than 10 names of Turkish people living in Armenia and being treated as normal equal people - U cant!

I can hardly name 10 Armenians from Armenia. And "equal" in Armenia means "dirt poor", "begging", or "selling petrol in tiny cans on the side of the road". If you want Turks to live like this, then send them over (my point is, theres more reasons for Turks to leave Armenia other than nationalism... for Christ's sake, the Armenians are even trying to leave).

Changing names is not becouse they were affraid. My surname is Garayev - so I am afraid of Russians??? Or were my Granpas???? It is becouse they all were part of that union with crappy ideologies of creating 1 nation

Um... isn't this what Turkey tries to do? Why do you think so many Armenians have to add -oglu to their names?

Coming to Dink - I bet u remember how did them mourn and bury him, dont u???

The people mourning him were ordinary people. I'm talking about people who have [  ] this much power in the country. What the state did with Dink was just a show for Europe. They were calling him a traitor for years, charged and convicted him of "insulting Turkishness", then all of a sudden hes a martyr for the Turkish cause.... give me a break LOL

Diaspora does only worthen the condition of Armenian people - so does the government! I do not think Turkish peole are living bad and have a need of opening borders with Armenia

The diaspora gives millions of dollars a year to Armenia. The only thing worsening the situation of Armenians is the closed borders imposed by Turkey and Azerbaijan. If it wasn't for the diaspora, Armenia might have been de-populated by now, and at the very least it would have been much more poor than it already is.

And I do not believe that Turkey may attack u guys in future - We live in 21st century, not the mediaval ages. We may, if we are fool - to attack u, hope not! Hope we come to conclusion that no sides would lose sons!!!

As long as there are sour relations (or no relations) and wars in the region, then there is always a risk of invasion, especially when the country is ran by nationalists.

Genocide issue is the issue of History, and I believe that as long as u continue using it against Turkey, borders won't open to u by Turkey which will make the living of ordinary peoiple very bad

It might be the issue of history for Turkey, because they chose to forget it. But for over 60% of the Armenian nation who lives abroad largely due to these events, its a big deal. Its simplistic to say that these events which changed the course of our nation's history, events that remain unresolved for nearly a century, which wiped out an entire generation of our people, are not a big deal Ouch

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 27-Mar-2007 at 16:38
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 16:59
If Turkey, azerbaycan, georgias ties with Armenia doesn't improve in teh next 10-20 years does it have a futur?
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 17:07
Originally posted by xi_tujue

If Turkey, azerbaycan, georgias ties with Armenia doesn't improve in teh next 10-20 years does it have a futur?

İran and Russia will support Armenians anyway.

Edited by erkut - 27-Mar-2007 at 17:08
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 17:23
     It will have a future, just not a very good one. But this doesn't mean we should stop advocating what we know to be true. Turkey only gained from WW1's atrocities, so of course they want the issue shut up and put away to history. Its not our fault---maybe if they stopped bringing people to trial for expressing their opinions, and got rid of laws that limit any opinion other than the nationalist view, then we could have civilized discourse. As long as Turkey cannot talk openly about the issue in their own country as if it were any other topic, then they are not ready to do it on an international level.

Armenia will still have Russia, Iran, America, France and the diaspora, among others. If Turkey shuts its ears, and keeps cutting ties with nations that support Armenians' rights, what kind of future are they going to have?

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 19:41
I like armenians and ın my ideas armenians more close turkey+azerbaycan and georgia than iran.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 01:31
@ Armeniansurvival all true but why should teh Modern Turkish goverlent feel respnsible for the events that went on in a monarchy of the past....(I just don't get it)

Yeah russia & Iran support armenia. Iran I understand they have borders but Russia doesn't so trade and support are limited and not enough.

And I think Turkey armenia georgia & azerbaycan should open up borders with eachother because well if you liek it or not. Good relation with your neigbour is better than a bad one.

I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 04:01
Originally posted by bleda

I like armenians and ın my ideas armenians more close turkey+azerbaycan and georgia than iran.

Yea maybe culturaly more near but politicaly not. At Nogorno-Karabag war İran was supporting Armenia.(Because there is a big Azeri population in İran and İran does not want a powerfull Azerbaijan)

Yeah russia & Iran support armenia. Iran I understand they have borders but Russia doesn't so trade and support are limited and not enough.

Well there are too many Russian soldiers in Armenia(Just like Georgia). And dont worry they could find a way to support(From Georgia or İran. Or by plane)

And I think Turkey armenia georgia & azerbaycan should open up borders with eachother because well if you liek it or not. Good relation with your neigbour is better than a bad one.

Well Azerbaijan wont open untill Armenia left Nogorno-Karabag. And if Turkey will open borders before Azeri fellows, our relations could broke down(They could also cut the pipeline, wich Turkey doesnt want) So Turkey prefers to have good relations with Azerbaijan than Armenia. Actually when Armenia got indipendence Turkey was trying to have good relations(First prezident of Armenia was also trying to be good with Turks but i couldnt remember his name now?) Than Armenian prezident changed and genocide issue comed up(İf Turkey accepts genocide they have to pay money and land, thats why they are not accepting.) Later Karabag war started Russia and İran supported Armenia, Turkey supported Azerbaijan.

Edited by erkut - 28-Mar-2007 at 04:07
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 09:57
So, Armenian Survival, what u say is, Armenia may have a bad future but closed borders with Azerbaijan and Turkey. In fact we do have a political power on Georgia - we support their 100 % energy needs, as well as food. We can make them to close borders with Armenia as well, and the only side would left would be Iran, which i do not think would take another negative step against us - since we are much more powerful than we were in 1994. Anyways, I just simply cannot understand what does Armenia want. Like u should look world with open eyes and accept that the Genocide, whether it was true or false - will never be accepted by strong and worldpower countries, becouse none of them wants to lose an ally like Turkey. Remember Guls last visit to Washington that cancelled all desires of your diaspora.

I simply do not see any kind of logic here.
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 10:23

Russia, If she support ROA, ROA will not have a bad future..

At least, at the hand of others than russia.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 11:30

Anyways, I just simply cannot understand what does Armenia want. Like u should look world with open eyes and accept that the Genocide, whether it was true or false - will never be accepted by strong and worldpower countries, becouse none of them wants to lose an ally like Turkey. Remember Guls last visit to Washington that cancelled all desires of your diaspora.

erm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:ArmenianGenocideRecognition.png

there are rumors that soon China will also recognize
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 12:17
that first president of Armenia has a book about the diaspora which is forbidden in Armenia.( I cant remember his name too :)
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 12:22
Haha, u know that it is not true though - Russian government, Congress, Germany, Audtralia - have never recognized the genocide officially
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 13:38
yes they did
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 17:06
Yes i agree they did, about Germany i am 100% sure they did.
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 17:11

So, Armenian Survival, what u say is, Armenia may have a bad future but closed borders with Azerbaijan and Turkey. In fact we do have a political power on Georgia - we support their 100 % energy needs, as well as food. We can make them to close borders with Armenia as well, and the only side would left would be Iran, which i do not think would take another negative step against us - since we are much more powerful than we were in 1994.
I simply do not see any kind of logic here.

Don't worry about Georgia, they can import their food and oil from another countries as well. Georgians have a much better political ties with Russians as with Turks.
Iran would well support Armenai. Azerbayjan may be more powerfull than 1994, but atill very weak against Iran.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 18:06
Originally posted by xi tujue

@ Armeniansurvival all true but why should teh Modern Turkish goverlent feel respnsible for the events that went on in a monarchy of the past....(I just don't get it)

They more or less continued the Ottoman's work. Ataturk went to war with Armenia right after he took power and annexed a large portion of the first republic which still belongs to Turkey (even though Armenia was dirt poor and suffering famine, just survived a "mass deportation", and was at war with the advancing Soviet Red army, one of the few countries to actually resist the Soviet invasion). Also, I already said they denied a load of deported Armenians their own property right after WW1 (until this day), they don't allow Armenians to freely talk about their history, they put economic and political pressure on other countries that help Armenians, etc etc. Plus, if Turks view Ottomans as their own, why should Armenians think differently? They're all Turkish states in the same exact region, direct inheritors, with more or less the same policy towards our nation.

You should ask, if modern Turks and Ottoman Turks are so different, why the modern Turkish state politically/economically intimidates foreign countries who pass bills saying that Ottoman Turks committed genocide Wink

Like u should look world with open eyes and accept that the Genocide, whether it was true or false - will never be accepted by strong and worldpower countries

This is not a winner's mentality. 20 years ago, no one was talking about this issue. Look at all the countries that recognized it just in the last 10 years (look at mamikon's map).

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 19:07
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

I know many of people who were born and raised in Turkey. They had to change their family names just to have an easier life (why do you think so many Armenians in Turkey have -oglu at the end of their names?).

Turkish people got their surnames at 1934 with Surname Law...Most of the Armenians I know have surnames ending with -ian...As usual...If they had changed, that is their own preference... 

When they write in history books that the Armenians are traitors to Turkey, that they were all conspiring to destroy the nation, and that they deserved to be cast into the desert, what kind of mindset do you think that creates inside people?

How many Turkish history books have you read?LOL

Do you know how many people believe that Armenian identity was created by the Russians?

I don't know, maybe you know as a professional? In fact, it is true that Armenian nationalism was scratched by the Russian Empire and it was used as a tool by the Russian Empire, in an expert style.

But its a big country, its not the same everywhere, and we are talking about a 90-year timespan. Remember how the police treated the guy who shot Dink?

You can't make generalisations upon a whole nation by taking one person as an example.

Originally posted by Kapikulu

As far as I'm concerned, the Turkish government is what made the diaspora into such a huge and motivated group. Don't forget, all the Armenians from France, America, Lebanon, Argentina, etc, all the diaspora "activists" are only living in those countries because of the Turkish government.

First, seems like you cannot make the distinction between TURKEY and OTTOMAN EMPIRE...

Furthermore, there have been thousands of people who returned to Anatolia, among the ones who migrated. Anyway, won't get further into this as it is blacklisted.

Yes but to say that what the diaspora does is hostile or bloody is far-fetched. Convincing a government through legislature to pass a bill sounds pretty civilized, wouldn't you say? I'm not talking about the terror groups, they operated when there was no independent Armenia, when we didn't have a voice. Plus, they were hardly representative of the diaspora.

Yes,  "somehow" intervening into their internal affairs and making them pass bills regarding the affairs they don't have any relations to + affairs they don't have any historical info on, sounds quite normal isn't itConfused

Even from this, it is clear that this issue had been turned into a political thing by diaspora, rather than historical...What does events in Eastern Anatolia has to do with local legislations of the nations?

Originally posted by Kapikulu

Maybe I wasn't clear. The claims were made within a few years of WWI. After WWI, there were thousands upon thousands of Armenians who were refugees in foreign countries, who still had the deed to their property that they owned in Turkey. They appealed to the Turkish government but to no avail.

Only, citizens of a country can own property inside that country. Today, the system changed a bit due to progressive change of international law, but it is still governed by the principle of reciprocality. 

Read any history book or information which is provided by the state, and tell me how many times Armenia or Armenians are mentioned. Now, filter out all the innaccurate or disingeniune information, and tell me what you are left with. 

I can't see or remember any where Armenians are not mentioned.Believe me or not, I am not lying

You say they didn't care, I say they knew one day this issue can potentially bite them in the ass, so they tried to hush it up and make it taboo by punishing anyone who so much as spoke up about the plight of the Armenians. When that didn't work, thats when we start hearing this BS about Armenians slaughtering millions of Turks, and "civil wars" in which women and children were "relocated to prevent them from helping the enemy" LOL

As in the way dead people from your nation is respected, YOU SHALL as well RESPECT the dead people our nation as well. There are such people in this forum as well, so I throw all that BS back to you...

Relocation was applied to people who were related to the bloody organizations. Not the whole nation and all the people...

I am from Kayseri...I know what happened in my town from first hand. Heard it from everyone.

Thats because those "credible" historians are on payrolls from the Turkish government. The most widely known historian who holds the Turkish argument, Justin McCarthy, gets paychecks from the Turkish government. The fact that he is outspoken hardly makes him credible.

Yeah, that's the typical story. Whenever someone does not speak in favor of Armenians, they are bribed by Turkish governmentLOL

The reason those "diaspora-motivated laws" are passed is because Turkey doesn't want to have dialogue with Armenia, or with anyone that has anything to say about the Armenian question. 

Sure that's for it...As long as the state of Armenia and the related diaspora folks keep its hostile position against Turkey, I support Turkey's position in the issue. It is governed by people who can even go far enough to request soil from Turkey...Why would Turkey feed it? Huh..

ArmenianSurvival, I hope I've been able satisfy you with my answers.

Finally, I lock the thread because it is being taken into the line of blacklisted flame war topic + the name of the topic is "Turks in Armenia", which is quite far from what it had come to now.
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12