Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All Battles Quiz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Battles Quiz
    Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 09:41
Scores updated.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 13:53
Scores updated...

I see that people either don't have much time or the questions are too difficult. Oh, and the questions (all of them) were written with a specific answer in mind. So, get it or... but if you find an alternative answer to the question, that fits with all given points in the question and yet unavailable hint, then you'll get 0.5 points.

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 14:11
Questions need more revelations...Because there may be a hundred of similar events, especially for 1-2 questions.

Anyway, I seemed to detect a problem in the question regarding the four ensigns, I dropped a note to you rider, among my answer...Or maybe I have found the wrong answer, as there are many who found the right one.
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 14:29
Kapikulu, the answer was correct. 
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 14:53
Then there is a problem with the question
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 17:20
Scores updated at 02:10 western europe time (8:10 PM EST)

Rider will update in 6-7 hours!

Edited by Northman - 04-Mar-2007 at 20:15
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 21:20
Originally posted by Kapikulu

Questions need more revelations...Because there may be a hundred of similar events, especially for 1-2 questions.

Anyway, I seemed to detect a problem in the question regarding the four ensigns, I dropped a note to you rider, among my answer...Or maybe I have found the wrong answer, as there are many who found the right one.

Expert quiz writers wrote these entries. If you have a problem, you can take it up with them.

Also, keep in mind that there is often one key word or phrase that gives away the right answer.

But we will keep your criticism in mind and make a point of writing in the key phrase. Hey, maybe we can even write in a theme as crossword puzzle makers do!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 00:46
Lol...

Anyways, Scores updated.

And Kapikulu, tell me which questions have several answers? As said, the answer must be correct and correspond both, to the question and the hint (currently you can't see that one). But without this remark, which ones do? Okay, I admit, 12th is a little wide but the hint makes it clear... and one answer has been terribly close to it too. - I read the pm Kapikulu. I will talk with the author.

Edited by rider - 05-Mar-2007 at 00:58
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 04:56
Scores updated!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 08:24
Scores updated (no clear update seen however).

I wanted to point out a few things; for those that don't know yet, Question 20 is worth a total of four points (one for each of four questions posted in 20 and 21). That might boost your stats. If it passes into the second round, the total would be 1.5 for each question, ergo 6 points...

And I am getting very interesting answers for number 6. Still, Dawn got the right one so it is pretty easy to figure that out if you begin in the correct direction. Some others have also gone onto the right path, although the quotes are wrong. Anyways, I will surely post the better sounding of the answers when the quiz is finished.

Edited by rider - 05-Mar-2007 at 08:31
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 09:54
don't you mean question 7?
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 11:13
Sorry. Indeed question 7.

Now, I got an interesting remark for number 15 which stated that there are many such battles. Indeed, I know there are. And I know that I have multiply stated that the right battle must also apply to the hint, that you cannot currently see. Still, I encourage you to keep searching.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 11:30
I must say that is a departure from all other quizzes. In the past if you could prove that your answer fit the peramiters of the question exactly as it was written(no hint) then you were awarded points or portions of points. I'm not sure I like this direction- writting question specifically to make a round 2.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 12:12
Originally posted by rider

Now, I got an interesting remark for number 15 which stated that there are many such battles. Indeed, I know there are. And I know that I have multiply stated that the right battle must also apply to the hint, that you cannot currently see. Still, I encourage you to keep searching.

The question, especially that one, needs a hint...If we are to search to try and fit a hundred answers, then that question is already destined for Round 2...

e.g. as I remarked in my answer, that battle exactly fits the definition as well.

we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 12:57
Alright.. then I say that every answer correct to the current question will get 0.4 points, but if the question isn't answered fully in this round, it will pass to the next with an hint? Also, the person wanting to have the answer read right must pm me or include things corresponding to the question in the answer. I will look through some of the current answers already (questions up to 10).

Edited by rider - 05-Mar-2007 at 13:05
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 13:00

Sounds just , but then you would have to search if the answer fits to the questionWink

Oh, by the way, I am an endless complainer, see my new PM :D
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 13:02
I saw it and looking up if you are right but it seems you are wrong.
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 16:49
Good to see you old freind. Welcome back TJK

Hi Dawn Smile !
I was really lucky when I have enter the AE and found the next quiz starts within 2 days, however it seems the quizes are "a little more"  difficult now...
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 16:56
Well I don't have much time these days, which is my excuse. WinkOn the other hand, I must admit that I did try my hand at first and got frustrated because I thought that a couple of questions simply allowed for way too many answers (and mine got rejected). It's a good quiz though: I'll try to give it another shot before it's over.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 18:17
Scores updated!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>