Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Allah, God... and more Christian/Muslim questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allah, God... and more Christian/Muslim questions
    Posted: 24-Feb-2007 at 22:57
I tried not to mention this, but here it goes.

There are some theories that say that Christian and Muslim God are the same, but one side became corrupted and another stayed pure. For Muslims, Bible is the manipulated form of God's word and vice versa, except Bible for Muslims is called Quran. Since I never had a chance to read Quran... I have yet another question for Islamic believers...

1. About the Islamic Churches... they all have this Crested moon shaped symbol, like Christian chruches have symbol of crosses. What does crested moon mean to Muslim? Because I found out accidently that crested moon is the symbol for the Moon god that Arabics worshipped before Muhammad (I noticed that some Muslims add this statement "peace be upon him" everytime when the word Prophet Muhammad is mentioned in the text. Is it just for the text, or in verbal statements as well? Is it neccessary to add this statement even for non-believers, or just Muslims?) introduced Islam. I thought Muhammad banned paganism.

2. According to the Bible, God did not want total obiedence from human beings. Granted, he wanted obiedence, but if that was the case... He would just make puppets. (Just my idea, I have no clue how He thinks.) He said that he wanted to build relationship with human beings. God is love statement is mentioned many times in the Bible.

Now, is that the same thing to Islamic teachings? I heard that total strict obiedence is demanded... so I jumped into the conclusion that Allah wants complete obiedence only. He punishes and awards the souls, but Allah is distant, separated from commoners like human beings because he is too great.

Just answer the questions please. I know the content may offend some, but my knowledge is still young. Enlighten me.

Join us.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 10:00
Pekau
1. About the Islamic Churches... they all have this Crested moon shaped symbol, like Christian chruches have symbol of crosses. What does crested moon mean to Muslim? Because I found out accidently that crested moon is the symbol for the Moon god that Arabics worshipped before Muhammad

1. Not all mosques have a Crescent moon.

2. No "symbols" represent Islam

3. The argument used by Christian fundamentalists like "Jack Chick", that muslims are different to christians because they have "different" gods, as muslims apparently believe in Hubal the Arab moon god is ridiculous. The early muslims flag was plain Black or Green. When the Turks adopted Islam, they adopted a religion, they did not simply cut off their culture and through everything else out the window. They had "millitary bands" going back to the era of the "Huns"(Xiognu), they would have crescent moons on their "tugs" which they stamped on the ground and played millitary music and chants to. As Turks were recruited by the Abbasids they bought their customs with them. The Crescent moon wasn't an animal, muslims follow the lunar calender, so it didn't cause a big cultural shock.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 11:46
Originally posted by pekau

I tried not to mention this, but here it goes.

There are some theories that say that Christian and Muslim God are the same, but one side became corrupted and another stayed pure. For Muslims, Bible is the manipulated form of God's word and vice versa, except Bible for Muslims is called Quran. Since I never had a chance to read Quran... I have yet another question for Islamic believers...

Muslim's God, Allah, is same object with Christian God and Jewish.His name is different, comes from "El-ilah"(great one).Christian Arabs use the same word.The three religion is mainly same, but has differences too.

Muslims think Bible was modified and changed many times, but Allah sent his messages to Muhammed by Cebrail,  he was the only source and observer of Quran, Muslim people protected Quran believing there will not be another prophet on earth and changes on holy books how cursed by Allah.

2. According to the Bible, God did not want total obiedence from human beings. Granted, he wanted obiedence, but if that was the case... He would just make puppets. (Just my idea, I have no clue how He thinks.)

According to Quran, Allah wanted people having sins too.His aim to create people was not only train believer puppets.
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 11:58
Pekau
as Bulldog mentioned above no symbols represents Islam.
it should be noted that the crescent was not a symbol used for Islam by Muhammad(PBUH)or any other early Muslim rulers.
The first Muslim state that used the crescent as a symbol was the Ottoman empire.
it was a symbol of a state not of religion.
obiedence about the statement (PBUH) we add it when any prophet mentioned like Mosses(PBUH) etc.
no need to add it if you don't beleive in it.
Actually, Allah created the humans to worship him he want an obiedence but not like a puppets cause he gave us a brain to think and figure out the things and make conclusion it is all up to us.
If you obey then it is for you and you will take what you deserve , if you disobey the sequences is all  fall upon you.
we are not enforced in our life we all responsible for our actions except the crazy people.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 20:52

I(I noticed that some Muslims add this statement "peace be upon him" everytime when the word Prophet Muhammad is mentioned in the text. Is it just for the text, or in verbal statements as well? Is it neccessary to add this statement even for non-believers, or just Muslims?) 

Ok, so no symbol symbolized Islam. Got it...

And no one answered this question so far... See my quote above...

Join us.
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 21:20

- For verbal statements as well. (Sallallahu Alayhu Wassallam)

- Not a neccessary for non believers.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 21:27
The reason that Christianity and Islam seem similar is because Mohammed had many Jewish and Christian friends and when he invented the religion he wanted to appeas his friends so he put Jewish and Christian ideas into his new religion of Islam.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 21:34

Didn't the Jews condemned Islam as blasphemy? Isn't that why he cursed the Jews? I heard that in the beginning, Mohammed wanted to spread Islam to Jews... but the Jewish leaders opposed and refused to ackowledge Islam. Isn't that it?

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 21:44

After that he waged war on all Jews and it continues to this day.

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 22:05
And the prophet of salvation becomes the prophet of death...

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 22:15

for everyone who didn't believe in him

but you had a choice; conversion or death

Edited by Tsar Yuriy - 27-Feb-2007 at 22:16
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 23:12
Tsar Yuriy, your views are profoundly incorrect.

Muhammed (pbuh) never fought the Jews,
Forced conversions were neither sort nor accepted

And Pekau, Muhammed never cursed the Jews either
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 23:20

where did this jihad stuff come from is it just to describe arab/islamic nationalism or is it as a declaration of war on the rest of the unbelievers of islam because when i hear or see the word jihad i think of muslim revenge on the rest of the world just like the war in iraq is sometimes described as a crusade against islam

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 03:11
Theologically, a Jihad of arms is a defensive war to relieve a muslim population of persecution. When the persecution has stopped, so should the Jihad.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 11:53
Originally posted by Tsar Yuriy

The reason that Christianity and Islam seem similar is because Mohammed had many Jewish and Christian friends and when he invented the religion he wanted to appeas his friends so he put Jewish and Christian ideas into his new religion of Islam.
I wonder if you can  mention some of his many Jewish friends as well as Christians.
their is no doubt about some similarities between religions cause all religions has a common purpose Reformation.
Khalid Bin Walid
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 12:10
Originally posted by Tsar Yuriy

After that he waged war on all Jews and it continues to this day.

Please my fellow if you want to discuss an Important thing be objective and bring some sources for your claimes.
how it is continues to this day?

and your theory about death or conversion is intrested so please prove it like a theory.

Edited by Ahmed The Fighter - 28-Feb-2007 at 12:12
Khalid Bin Walid
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 12:37

It's a bit rich that some like to talk about Muslims as if their purpose is solely to hate Jews, when Jews have been persecuted for over 2000 years in non-muslim Europe and found refuge among muslims.

Muslims and Jews had great relations untill 60 years ago, some Jewish and Muslim communities still get on very well.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 18:09
Originally posted by Bulldog

Muslims and Jews had great relations untill 60 years ago, some Jewish and Muslim communities still get on very well.

Well not quite there have been several upsurges against the jews under muslim rule before 1948. And the dhimmi statut was not exactly plaisant in several places.
I am a free donkey!
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 06:46
Yes quite, compared to Europe, the Islamic world was great for Jews.
Albert Pine

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 12:30
I have heard the the Crescent moon was in fact a Byzantine symbol that was adopted by muslims. Is there any truth to that?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>