Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Genghis and Hitler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Bosnjo View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bosnjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genghis and Hitler
    Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 16:10

t"he Chingiz lovers don't approve the many killings, it's just that Chingiz killed so many because the other conquerors were less sucessful."  Hitler was also realy succsesfull, at the begining.

Where is the difference, both tried to rule the world, and humans were worthless for both, Chingiz Khan killed also people wich rebelled, hitler the same. And both killed People due to a personal Opinion Chingis killed Tartarians, because he revanged his fathers deth, Hitler isolated people because he considered them as parasites or varmits then 1941 (after the losing of the Battles, Moska, Stalingrad was clear the war ist lost) then he had a choice let them go or kill them.

The same ruthless Bastards.

NCAA View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote NCAA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 03:08
Chingis Khaan is the founder of our nation of Mongolia.

Comparing our founding father with the one greatest murderer of mankind is very insulting for every Mongolians.

If you have carefully studied Mongol History, not heard rumors about it, you would know that Chingis is a kind and noble leader, who sacrificed his life for his people.

I demand this, completely unsupported and deliberately defamating, forum to be deleted immediately!

Edited by NCAA
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 03:34

I wonder what one would say about Hitler if the Third Reich succeeded and won World War II.......................................

Who knows?  The victors are praised, and the losers demonized. 

But yes, I would say that Genghis Khan should not be compared directly to Hitler.  Hitler killed based on ethnicity and race, while Genghis Khan only killed to ensure that his Mongol warriors achieved victory.

Hitler is the hunter who kills indulgently, while Genghis Khan is the hunter who kills only when necessity calls.

AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 03:44
Originally posted by NCAA

Chingis Khaan is the founder of our nation of Mongolia.

Comparing our founding father with the one greatest murderer of mankind is very insulting for every Mongolians.

If you have carefully studied Mongol History, not heard rumors about
it, you would know that Chingis is a kind and noble leader, who
sacrificed his life for his people.

I demand this, completely unsupported and deliberately defamating, forum to be deleted immediately!

This is an international forum, and if you like it or not, you have to tolerate different opinions about the beloved founder of your nation.
I'm pretty sure the people at the receiving end of Mongol expansion might not have seen Chingis Khan or any of his successors in such a rosy light, and if that is reflected here, it's quite understandable.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
NCAA View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote NCAA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 03:47
you gotta be kidding me! 
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 03:50

you gotta be kidding me! 

No, Komnenos is not kidding.  This is an international forum, and tolerance is one of its fundamental rules. 

I know that you are a good person.  If you can tone down your nationalism and bigoted views toward others, we can all contribute for the good of the forum.

AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 03:54
If you want to defend Chingis' name you'd better use arguments than just proud nationalist statements. I think it's quite fair.

Not that I side with either opinion but it's the fair thing to do among reasonable people. We are here to discuss history.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 04:00

you gotta be kidding me!

I'm German, and we are not known for our sense of humour. I was dead serious.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
NCAA View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote NCAA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 04:01
Originally posted by Maju

If you want to defend Chingis' name you'd better use arguments than just proud nationalist statements. I think it's quite fair.

Not that I side with either opinion but it's the fair thing to do among reasonable people. We are here to discuss history.

But all of your history about Mongols is written by sore losers except The Secret History of Mongols. What exactly you want to discuss about it?! 

Edited by NCAA
Alkiviades View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Alkiviades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 04:14

Originally posted by Komnenos

I'm German, and we are not known for our sense of humour. I was dead serious.

Witzig, ya!

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 04:38

Originally posted by Maju

But all of your history about Mongols is written by sore losers except The Secret History of Mongols. What exactly you want to discuss about it?! 

I don't want to discuss anything. You are the one that doesn't agree with Bosnjo, so you are the one that should put ahead your facts and resonings. I will gladly learn from reading it, as I'm no expert in Mongol history.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 10:47
genghis kahn helped secure the asian world. with his empire came a actual secuirty in Asia. Monks, priets, and all religous peoples could now go explore other parts of the world, see other religions, visit old monument snad ancient sites. people could walk the counry side without fear of being robbed or killed by thieves and bandits. before genghis there was only chaos and destrucion, but through murder and domination, genghis brought about control and order. that is why we admire him, because he knew what it would take to make the asian world a stable place. Hitler on the other hand had no intention of this. he invisioned a world order where people are enslaved to other more "superior people".
people are the emotions of other people

(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
SaikhaNBayar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote SaikhaNBayar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 05:00

Are there any Hitler lovers and Hitler admirers? who are they?

And reason?

Because i see a lot Chingis-Lovers(as someone described) here! Isn`t it enought to show difference between them?

Thanks...

Edited by SaikhaNBayar
The 800th Anniversary of the Great Mongolian State. 2006
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 05:18

He has never executed the people who followed him. In war, there was a cause. The rule was if you don't attack first, you'll be attacked. He wanted peace, but his rivals didn't give any chance in his living time. E.g, Chinese (Jin Empire) emperors always pressed Mongol tribes by taxation, and wanted Mongol tribes fight each other. But Chingis khaan united his people in one hand and defeated China. The war wasn't complete, indeed the conquest of China was not complete until 1234. What's more, why did he invade Kwarezm? The mayor of Otrar killed about 100 ambassadors and merchants of Chingis khaan. Is it fair? That's why the war started.

Thanks

white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 13:19
Originally posted by SaikhaNBayar

Arethere any Hitler lovers and Hitler admirers? who are they?

And reason?Because i see a lot Chingis-Lovers(as someone described) here! Isn`t it enought to show difference between them?

Thanks...

sadly enough, i believe there are. fortunatly none on this forum(that i know of) and not many where i live, but they do exist
MongolHero View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote MongolHero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 19:20

Very few...To Genghis Khan a lot of.

Alkiviades View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Alkiviades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 03:03
Hitler will gain some popularity in a couple of centuries, rest assured. Distance in time makes us forget the atrocity part and focus on the legend. He'll never get the following Chinghiz has because contrary to the great Khan, Hitler was eventually defeated. Had he succeeded and depopulated eastern Europe to bring in his ubermenschen, I can bet a fair amount of money that in 2-3 centuries he'd be viewed as "the greatest leader of the Germans", just as the genocidal maniac Chinghiz is viewed by our dear MongolHero as "the greatest leader of the Mongols".

History is like that, you know...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 03:28
Not as just Mongol hero, he was the man of the millenium as you know!
MongolHero View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote MongolHero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 11:48
   Every leader could've viewed as the greatest, if they have succeeded. But like them Hitler didn't. So I can say Genghis was the greatest, in terms of military genius, because he succeeded in accomplishing his mission. Hitler could've too, well..................but he couldn't. So who is the better leader huh?
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 14:52

Time frame.

What G did was what everyone expected him to do.

What H did was what some expected him to do.

Between G and H I will go with S, or V, or G, or ....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>