Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Empire Earth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Empire Earth
    Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 05:33
I am a great fan of EE and ifor it is a great gmae i thought it needs it's topic.
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 06:47
EE 2 is coming out
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 11:54
i kniw it and im happy...
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2004 at 15:45

I dislike Empire Earth, for it has no formations as far as i remember and you can only command a handful of men who cover the entire screen. The graphics are lousy and you never want to close in to look at your soldiers up close, really ruins the game for you. They are like lego guys who have been standing near a flame far too long. The entire structure of the base in the modern times is funny. Trees and grass everywhere while you have tanks and cyborgs everywhere. The future eras really suck too. WEIRD ROBOTS.

Hope i didn't ruin the game for you Rider.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2004 at 15:59
Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

I dislike Empire Earth, for it has no formations as far as i remember and you can only command a handful of men who cover the entire screen. The graphics are lousy and you never want to close in to look at your soldiers up close, really ruins the game for you. They are like lego guys who have been standing near a flame far too long. The entire structure of the base in the modern times is funny. Trees and grass everywhere while you have tanks and cyborgs everywhere. The future eras really suck too. WEIRD ROBOTS.

Hope i didn't ruin the game for you Rider.

yes, I dislike it too, for the same reasons.
Plus the AI is very bad, If you've kicked the computer out of an area you must immediatly build it full yourself, otherwise the computer reclaims it. That's really annoying.
Furthermore warfare doesn't differ greatly in different epochs and the different civs are almost the same (though I heard that'll be changed in EE2)
YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote YusakuJon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 19:56
I have a question or two here...

Having seen EE on sale at local electronics stores, I can judge by the packaging design that it has some similarities to RoN in the type of gameplay (RTS).   If so, what are the signifigant differences between it and RoN?

In combat, what sort of defenses does EE use?  I've noticed what looks like walls in one of the scenes.

I also think that EE is pretty old.  I thought I saw an award predating Civ3 on the package text, but I could be wrong.  If anything, I could keep my eyes open for any news about EE2, but there would need to be something different to pull me away from the RoN and Civ franchises, like a "develop your own civ" type of setup.
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
Arkhanson View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Arkhanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 09:55
I prefer Age of Empires series than Empire Earth after a time EE
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 13:05
just avoid EE, it's really crap...don't know abot EE2 though....
Arkhanson View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Arkhanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 15:24

Only God knows

Post Reply Post Reply