Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brothers in Arms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brothers in Arms
    Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 08:43
Has anybody on All Empires ever played any of the Brothers in Arms games? I think they are the most accurate, both historically and with aiming/enemy AI. I thought that the Road to Hill 30 was perfect, showing the brutality of war, but also being about 100% historically accurate except for changing a few names.

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 11:48
I have the first one, it is a great game. Couldn't get the second one, but I think I'm just going to get the third one when it comes out, really looking forward to it.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 12:34
its such a great game the graphics are sh*t but the experience to be on the battle fight with you companions and move them strategicaly like a puzzel is 100% historical accurate.

and you have also the envoriment realistic made weapons are accurate everything is accurate.

I would reccomend you to buy it its a real experience Big%20smile
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 15:14
Actually, I think the graphics are pretty good, Top Gun. But, graphics are nothing in a game, it is the gameplay and the sound. Both are just amazing. I think it is better than Medal of Honor and Call of Duty because it is much more realistic (the enemy is harder, there are no healthpacks, you possess human accuracy in the sense that your gun does not stay perfectly still, you get to command a squad that is not full of idiots). I do not know about the others who have played this game, but my favorite characters from Road to Hill 30 are Mac, Baker, Corrion, and Legget (in that order).

Edited by Emperor Barbarossa - 15-Feb-2007 at 15:17

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 16:42
Well, graphic is a considerable factor for the games. You should see the graphic difference between original playstation and Playstation 3. Wink 

And I personally don't really care about historical accuracy in the games. Games are designed for fun. As long as enemies are not too easy like the early version of Call of Duty, where one American computer player can wipe out several German computer players and take out few panzers... I mean, as long as if it's a balanced game... it's fine.

Edited by pekau - 15-Feb-2007 at 16:42

Join us.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 19:22
Originally posted by pekau

Well, graphic is a considerable factor for the games. You should see the graphic difference between original playstation and Playstation 3. Wink 

And I personally don't really care about historical accuracy in the games. Games are designed for fun. As long as enemies are not too easy like the early version of Call of Duty, where one American computer player can wipe out several German computer players and take out few panzers... I mean, as long as if it's a balanced game... it's fine.

True, but for me, graphics, as long as they are good, are not much a considerable factor. I would never choose a game with horrible gameplay, no matter how good the graphics.

The early versions of Call of Duty and the entire Medal of Honor series are similar because you can just be like a one-man army.

Post Reply Post Reply