Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedaryans what are they?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AfrikaJamaika View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: aryans what are they?
    Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 14:30
The reason that i ask this is because... I read that the Iranians are Aryans, but i see caucasian people that are nazis, kkk, etc...Calling themselves Aryans, and at the same time dissing the people of middle eastern race so are they of the same group? Or is one group Aryan and the other race not?

Edited by AfrikaJamaika - 08-Feb-2007 at 14:32
Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 14:35
What a boring question ...

You are obsessed by race, AfricaJamaika LOL

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 14:38
Europeans do not have anything to do with Aryans. Atleast not the way they are using the term. There is no pure Aryan race. The Aryans were Iranian people 2000 years ago.

Nobody calls themselves Aryans except stupid nazis.

Edited by Cent - 08-Feb-2007 at 14:39
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 14:41
Originally posted by Cent

Europeans do not have anything to do with Aryans. Atleast not the way they are using the term. There is no pure Aryan race. The Aryans were Iranian people 2000 years ago.

Nobody calls themselves Aryans except stupid nazis.

Thats what i thought but...WHY do the nazis call themselves Aryans if they dont even care or have respect for the people in the middle east?
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 14:54
Because they belive in pseudo-science. Some crazy dude in the 19th century came to the conclusion that Germans are Aryans too.

Because of the language similarities, if I remember correctly.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 15:10
Originally posted by Cent

Because they belive in pseudo-science. Some crazy dude in the 19th century came to the conclusion that Germans are Aryans too.

Because of the language similarities, if I remember correctly.

was this "crazy dude" Adolf Hitler?
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 15:13
No, don't remember who or which group... Someone else who can help us? Embarrassed
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 15:25

You have to go to the middle of the 19th century when the Aryan myth arose. The triggering factor was the discovery of the Indo-European family of languages, that is, that languages so different like Russian, Spanish and Saskrit all shared the same deep gramatical structures, and had a common origin. The Aryan myth started from the writings of mystical pseudoscientists like Madame Blavatsky, that associated the ancient Germanic tribes of Northern Europe with the "Aryan" invasors of India, and come to the conclusion both groups were the same.

By the time the Nazis started, the Aryan mythology and the racist lodges already have absorved lots of symbolism from India already.

Aryanism is the pseudoscientific belief that everything turn around a mystical white race. The problem with this phylosophy -like any other racial phylosophy- is that nowhere you can find a well defined White race at all. Peoples like the Scandinavians, Iranians and Portugueses have not many things in common, really, besides speaking languages that have similar grammars.

Look for the mysthical beliefs of Nazis, particularly the S.S., and you'll find out.

Pinguin

AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 15:27
Perhaps a better question to ask is "Aryans who WERE they?" lol
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 15:29
For me is quite simple. Aryans were Iranians, Persians or whatever is called. A group of peoples that has been in contact with Indians since the beginning of times.

Pinguin
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 17:02
There are still a lot of claims to being aryan and where they are come from. We can find aryan word most in Indian and  Iranian old texts.In Indian old texts is refering only as a term for nobility but in Iranian old text is refering as a race. You can find Persian kings's inscriptions in Iran where they refer themselve from aryan race and linage. whatever is this aryan word, is most likely connected to Iranian and Indian people and is around their region. the german nazis used this term cuz they think saxons are from scythian tribes that came from central asia.

Edited by sirius99 - 08-Feb-2007 at 17:06
Anfører
Xshayathiya View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 17:59

The nazis also used the swastika (which is a good luck charm in dharmic religions), which has absolutely nothing to do with aryans. That pretty much shows their ideology to be wrong right there.

"I like rice. Rice is great if you are hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 18:41
Originally posted by Leonardo

What a boring question ...

You are obsessed by race, AfricaJamaika LOL

Not a boring question, but I do agree that AfricaJamaika' questions usually involve with questions regarding races. Of course, nothing's wrong with it. We are just curious creatures...

Join us.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 19:36
Actually the biggest Swastika in the world is at Pasargad Xshaya and is visible from the air.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 21:32
Originally posted by Zagros

Actually the biggest Swastika in the world is at Pasargad Xshaya and is visible from the air.

Do you have a picture of that ?
Anfører
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 23:19
thank you to all that answered...Also i saw on the history channel awhile back that the people of asia use the Swastikas too not sure if its true or not but they did say it on there....
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 07:03
Originally posted by Xshayathiya

The nazis also used the swastika (which is a good luck charm in dharmic religions), which has absolutely nothing to do with aryans. That pretty much shows their ideology to be wrong right there.

The Swastika was universal.
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 09:50
gutians where aryans and there where some aryans in india as I remember

however it is a word for persians te nazis call themselve because the theory says that the aryans had given europe civilization because sanskrit looks like german

the nazis made it all up to create the idea of races and that they where the ubermensch and they where better its more propaganda but they sended sientists to examinate about the aryans in tibet and persia
arfunda View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 10:48

In another topic about Aryans I had written the following:

"Ari/Arya" is a word first seen in Vedas. It was not used to name an ethnic group/a race. It means "gentile, well-charactirised, noble, honest person".  (Bergil, 2000: 14-26)"
Je suis comme je suis.
arfunda View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 10:52
In all sources I have ever read Aryans are the groups whose origins had shared the Veda and Zoroaster cultures and indoıranian languages (but not a race)
Je suis comme je suis.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>