Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starcraft 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starcraft 2
    Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 13:16
GC 2006: StarCraft 2 Hints Dropped?
Is StarCraft 2 currently in the works? What other titles does Blizzard have stashed away for both PC and console?

showUSloc=(checkLocale('uk')||checkLocale('au'));document.writeln(showUSloc ? 'US, ' : ''); August 24, 2006 - While our meeting with Blizzard Chief Operating Officer Paul Sams today at the German Games Convention mainly focused on The Burning Crusade, the upcoming expansion for World of Warcraft, we did ask him about what the future holds in store for Blizzard, and specifically about StarCraft 2.

"StarCraft is my absolutely favorite game of all time," Sams told us. "As you probably already know, there is no doubt that we will continue the StarCraft and Diablo franchise, and trust me, I will be the happiest person in the world when we announce StarCraft 2."

While Sams wasn't ready to spill the beans just yet, he did say Blizzard "will have a major product announcement in 2007," and that Blizzard was currently working on at least three other unannounced titles at the moment.

In terms of what these games could be, we asked if they would fall in line with the major success Blizzard has had with World of Warcraft. "I want to be clear that we're not just content to be an MMO company," Sams explained. "Some other companies get into the role of making just MMOs, but Blizzard lets the developers pick what they want to work on, and it's not all MMOs."

When asked about StarCraft: Ghost, Sams said that it was on indefinite hold, but that Blizzard wasn't averse to exploring further console development in the future. "We've been up to MS and they've been at our office talking about Vista and 360," Sams said, "and we're certainly excited about some of the tools they have to offer in the console world as well as with Vista and DirectX 10. However, with our own online gaming service, we're going to pick and choose what we want to use; we're going to protect Battle.net and make sure Battle.net ranks supreme."

http://pc.ign.com/articles/727/727892p1.html
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 07:34
oooo I can't wait for a Starcraft 2!
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 16:51
Do not hold your breath. It won't be released before 2010.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 22:55
Originally posted by Feanor

Do not hold your breath. It won't be released before 2010.

Damn it! (Ops, lost my control...)

I heard that Starcraft Ghost was suppose to come out, but it was canceled. I've seen the trailers. But sneakpeak to the actual game... they were horrible. I was so disappointed.Confused

Join us.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 02:37
Hey pekau do you enjoy playing Starcraft cause from what I hear its like the national sport in SK?
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 20:51
hey pakau, i heard that in SK, there is actually a TV channel on starcraft
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 20:48
Originally posted by Siege Tower

hey pakau, i heard that in SK, there is actually a TV channel on starcraft

I know. I have tons of videotapes and DVD recordings. Starcraft is amazing!

Originally posted by Balaam

Hey pekau do you enjoy playing Starcraft cause from what I hear its like the national sport in SK?

Gotta love Starcraft. I am like legendry pro compared to Western players because I play almost every two days for more than 4 years... and I am still addicited to it. I am getting more social life these days... but I still pown you all!!

Join us.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 22:46
Say word, in fact i am playing it right now.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 03:02

Say word, in fact i am playing it right now.

Which race to you prefer? A lot of pros go for Protos or Zergs, but I go for Terran. They may be for the noobs in the beginning, but if you know how to use them to true potential, they are amazing race to play.

Join us.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 15:54
me too, a lot of people say the Protos are the best, but better players use Terrans.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 17:41

me too, a lot of people say the Protos are the best, but better players use Terrans.

Forgot to mention, Koreans are the master of starcraft. Only one player died because they played starcraft for 4 days straight. No water, food or sleep. Guess who he is? Korean! Ah.. poor kid...Dead

Join us.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 05:06
I prefer to play Terran cause I know how to use them the best, or I'll play Protos. Can't stand to use zerg.

I once read about one Starcraft tournament in SK where they played a single game for about 4 days and were just fueled on pizza, coke and a helluva lot of smokes.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 19:34
When I first played Zerg, I nearly threw up.LOL I dislike Zergs, despite its enormous potential. And it's usually Zerg player that wins the game... statistically speaking...

Join us.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 06:28
Originally posted by pekau

When I first played Zerg, I nearly threw up.LOL I dislike Zergs, despite its enormous potential. And it's usually Zerg player that wins the game... statistically speaking...

I was more like "Ok I don't like these bugs....but I'm gonna finish this campaign....now where is that cheatcode"
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 22:03

I was more like "Ok I don't like these bugs....but I'm gonna finish this campaign....now where is that cheatcode"

Ah... why? Cheatcode makes the game boring.

Join us.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 22:24
yo i played Starcraft when I was in 4th grade in like '99! Loved the game, but what I loved more was the story-line. It was so fascinating I just played thru the game to see what happens next.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 01:09

Ah... why? Cheatcode makes the game boring.

Cause I didn't like them and wanted to get the campaign over and done with
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 01:12
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

yo i played Starcraft when I was in 4th grade in like '99! Loved the game, but what I loved more was the story-line. It was so fascinating I just played thru the game to see what happens next.

I completly agree with you there! Have you ever looked up Starcraft in wikipedia? You can get almost whole historys of different people and events, like find out who Adun is.

FOR ADUN!
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 02:08
I wish we can play Xel'Naga race. That would be something to see...

Join us.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 06:03
Stuff Xel'Naga when we could have purity of form and essence hybrid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>