Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iran's Defence industry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheGame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran's Defence industry
    Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 23:14
Good enough for the local powers, but at most, this force will only be able to dent the US, but it'll never defeat it.
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
kajdom View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote kajdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 00:11
Interesting Photos. do you have more information about three diffrent aircrafts, Iran is preducing. technical information.Approve
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 02:48
Originally posted by TheGame

Good enough for the local powers, but at most, this force will only be able to dent the US, but it'll never defeat it.
neither side can defeat the other.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 03:00
Those aren't F-4 phantoms in that top picture. More like F-5B's(two seater trainers) or probably Iran's unlicensed modified version the Azarakhsh F-5E two seater which I believe they can make or mass produce. 
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 03:04
Good thread going here Hellios - with fabulous photos as well.

The Iranian built Saeqeh, which means thunderbolt in Persian.

Edited by Hellios - 07-Feb-2007 at 13:53
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 07:53
Originally posted by Gundamor

Those aren't F-4 phantoms in that top picture. More like F-5B's(two seater trainers) or probably Iran's unlicensed modified version the Azarakhsh F-5E two seater which I believe they can make or mass produce.

My bad, you're totally right - they are F5s or Azarakhsh. The fusilage is very similar to the F-4.

There is no licencing problem with the Azarakhsh, as far as I know becuase it is based upon, but different, from the F5 (unless you have other info), I have also read that it is also has features from the Tomcat and Phantom too - I think there is problems with the Hughey chopper as far as patents go, becuase it is pretty much an exact replication.

Edited by Zagros - 06-Feb-2007 at 08:00
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 10:44
Originally posted by kajdom

Interesting Photos. do you have more information about three diffrent aircrafts, Iran is preducing. technical information.Approve 

I don't have technical info, sorry.
The Azarakhsh & Saegheh are based on the F-5 but are bigger, faster, and more capable in general.
The Shafaq is based on the F-17 Cobra but supposedly with some stealth capability.
The missile technology for these aircraft is supposedly good.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 11:20
Hellios!

This (below) I am sure is the Z-3, look at the turret, it resembles the M1 a lot more and also the tracks have skirting, something missing from the Z-1 which looks like a CC of the M-48. 

Edited by Hellios - 07-Feb-2007 at 07:24
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 11:22
Also the Z-1 has six bottom rollers, the Z-3 has 7.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 14:22
Originally posted by Zagros

Originally posted by Gundamor

My bad, you're totally right - they are F5s or Azarakhsh. The fusilage is very similar to the F-4.

There is no licencing problem with the Azarakhsh, as far as I know becuase it is based upon, but different, from the F5 (unless you have other info), I have also read that it is also has features from the Tomcat and Phantom too - I think there is problems with the Hughey chopper as far as patents go, becuase it is pretty much an exact replication.

Yes sorry licensing was a poor choice of words. The airframe its based off is a solid airframe(cheap as well which is a plus) and I'm sure the avionics have been beefed up to a somewhat modern standard. I remember reading Iran was going to purchase the Chinese super 7 aircraft as well but maybe not anymore because of development problems. How exactly are they keeping the F-14's flying? I've read analysts say Iran probably can only get 7 in the air yet a few years ago American E-3's spotted 14 flying around. I imagine they can fit the Moskit SS-N-22 Sunburn's(they probably have them though its not confirmed) on them which is the most lethal anti ship missile in the world today. Even the U.S. navy has no defense for it.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 14:34
Another beautiful aircraft is the F-14 Tomcat.

I think it was a formation of 16 that was tracked by a US Awacs flying near the Iraqi border - They were kept airworthy through cannibalisation - the US service crews, upon evacuating Iran, sabotaged the whole F-14 fleet - so this depleted the fleet considerably before even a shot was fired.

The remainder that survived the war were kept flying through further cannibalisation at first - I think Iran must have gotten many spare parts through the black market especially since the US decommissioned its fleet, congress has recently taken drastic steps to halt such sales at US military car-boot-sales.
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 06:48
Originally posted by Hellios

Misagh-2 SAM:

These are actually mass produced by Iran.

The missile looks fairly sophisticated:

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 06:55
This looks like some kind of coastal defence weapon:

What is it?

Edited by Hellios - 07-Feb-2007 at 06:56
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 07:07
Iranian-made sniper rifles...

Edited by Hellios - 02-Mar-2007 at 09:20
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 07:41

Saegheh (1 seat 2 fins) & Azarakhsh (2 seats 1 fin):

Azarakhsh:

The missile technology for these aircraft is supposedly good. 

These (below) are the 3 main armaments of the Saegheh & Azarakhsh aircraft shown above.

The 2 grey salvos fire ground-attack rockets.
The blue missiles with white tips are medium-range air-to-air.
The small missiles with red tips are short-range air-to-air.

Edited by Hellios - 07-Feb-2007 at 07:42
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 08:38
Iranian tank factory...

In above photo the small metal spikes on the turrets are for attaching ERA modules.
In below photo ERA is visible.

Iranian Chieftan-based tanks:

Edited by Hellios - 07-Feb-2007 at 08:39
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 08:49
Recoilless gun:

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 08:54

More BH7.

Below is a weaponized version of the BH7.
Looks like it's been fitted with 4 missile tubes.  Interesting...

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 08:57
Heavy transports...

Looks Russian:

C-130:

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 09:03
Here's an old photo...hehe...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>