Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLions vs. Tigers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>
Poll Question: If lions and tigers were to have a deathmatch, who would win?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [38.46%]
24 [61.54%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lions vs. Tigers
    Posted: 29-Jul-2015 at 04:01
I see on the news that a Yankee dentist is drawing flak for
killing the notable lion 'Cecil' in a 'trophy hunt' in corrupt Zimbabwe..

The mouthy butcher had paid big bucks to have the prime/famous specimen (who was 'safely' ensconced in a national park) lured to his death - by his erstwhile keepers - to be killed & butchered as a prize trophy..

& the corrupt Mugabe regime officials were officially upset at having missed out on their cut of the deal, not at the disgraceful goings on..
Be Modest In Thyself..
Catlion View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2015 at 07:12
I think that the guy paying behind who is being searched by the authorities is a Spaniard. Spain is after USA the country with more lions killed per year. Nevertheless, these lions are mostly captive animals released for the safaris which permits South Africa to obtain about 10 million dollars per year, supposedly devoted to maintenance of the parks with wild game.

Cecil was however a wild lion from Zimbabwe. My question is how was its weight? Perhaps 250 kgs?
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2015 at 14:49
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/africa/zimbabwe-cecil-the-lion-killed/

Sounds like alleged great white bawana has had similar quasi illegal hunts b 4.

Otoh.... the corruption of African officials... remains the one constant I can always depend on. Same Same USA.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2015 at 00:25
Catlion, poor bloody Cecil was part of a research program, & was fitted with an electronic data collection collar ( which the poachers attempted to hide), so his vital specs were known..

He was shot/grievously wounded by the dentist with a bow, & was killed by gunfire, then trophy butchered a couple of days later..

Addit: C.V. is correct,& Mugabe skipped attendance at the recent African
leaders summit where the current US President unloaded on them
about their disgusting corruption,( & of course they could not
just dismiss Obama's accurate views - as colonialist racism)..

Edited by J.A.W. - 30-Jul-2015 at 00:30
Be Modest In Thyself..
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2015 at 00:29
yup a shame. but at the expense of 'off topic'.... my concern is more with planned parenthood selling aborted baby parts for profit while being subsidized by the Tp. research or not.

But hey the dentist is in hiding and has received death threats by the Cecilphile lunatics so ole Cecil has been avenged.

Amen.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2015 at 00:32
C.V. you are correct there too,
clearly, abortion on demand - is murderous hypocrisy..
Be Modest In Thyself..
Majingilane View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2015 at 10:25
Originally posted by Catlion

My question is how was its weight? Perhaps 250 kgs?
He was a fine lion, but 250 kgs is too much, there are not many wild lions that reach that kind of weight. A safer estimate would be around 200 kgs, at best 220 kgs if he was huge, but no more.

Edited by Majingilane - 30-Jul-2015 at 10:30
‘Like night-watchmen they patrol the dark nights; marching with intent and chasing all those unwanted into the shadows...those that do not run are removed’
J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2015 at 16:28
Well, since Cecil was part of a research program, his measurements
would be on record.. & guessing/estimates are unscientific..

Cats, including the biggest species, show considerable size variability.
Be Modest In Thyself..
Majingilane View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2015 at 17:02
Yes, of course. I asked a few people over facebook, but no one said anything yet. Still, it's not an exagerated estimate.
If you happen to find a link that talks about it, please share it, I'll do it as well.
‘Like night-watchmen they patrol the dark nights; marching with intent and chasing all those unwanted into the shadows...those that do not run are removed’
J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2015 at 21:22
FWIW, I heard "220kg" mentioned in a news report.. but if it is of such interest M,
..you could look up/contact the involved research site..

Or even the big game hunting trophy record entry as
submitted by the dirty dentist, since he'd be proud of his 'achievement' - given that poor
bloody Cecil was touted as one of Africa's largest lions..
Be Modest In Thyself..
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2015 at 11:04
I lived across the road from the last licensed "ooologist" egg collector.
Nelson Hoy was also the last licensed collector of Taxidermy specimens. His private collection was the foundation for the Delaware Nat. History Museum.

His main goal was to buy up whole collections to keep them from being broken up at auction. Most of these collections were from the era before conservation was an important idea.

He was a voice for the conservation movement long before it was public view. He advocated an international ban on hunting of wild animals some 40 years ago.

He characterized the existence of Game Farms as being a criminal activity back in the early 70's.

It's difficult to understand how, in this day and age, anyone can engage in this type of eco crime.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Catlion View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2015 at 20:36
Cecil could have a partner:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/08/01/428426035/jericho-isnt-cecils-brother-and-is-probably-still-alive-lion-researcher-says
Tigris View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2015 at 00:40
Prime .....You have gone out of your way to prove how better and superior the Lion is to the Tiger . Rather than taking pleasure in putting up your posts you should focus on the well-being of these two beautiful , powerful and ferocious big cats that are the Tiger and Lion. Yes I am a Tiger fan but I also love the Lion. 

You put up the picture of the tiger killed by a lion at a zoo....Maybe you should also do some research on the Lion that was killed at a Turkish zoo by a Bengal Tiger. Did this incident slip your mind?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12669308

I saw the picture of the lion but I because I love the lion also and out of respect for this lion that lost his life I will not put up the picture of the lion . You obviously have no respect or admiration for the tiger . Just goes to show your insecurity about the tiger.

Which by the way I felt bad about because the lion got killed and was no celebration for me . You have no remorse for posting up that tiger picture because you want to go out of your way to show just how better the lion is , and please other tiger haters on here.   You are a moron. 

Also I have read historically dated newspaper articles describing lion tiger fights ....and according to thesearticles the Tiger came out victorious . 

On YouTube I have seen a male tiger fight off lions for territory and punch off a lion . 

Rather than wasting all your efforts on proving if the lion is superior you should focus on CONSERVATION efforts for both these animals ClapThe truth does prevail and there have been many occasions on which the tiger has defeated the lion . The tiger usually supersedes the lion ....in strength, bite force , agility and fighting technique . But the lion is still a super predator and unlike you I shall not celebrate the tigers' victories over the lions.
J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2015 at 02:24
Hi Tigris..
By your choice of identifier, you seem to stake your position..
& indeed, offer an anecdote -(1)- to support your view.

In claiming a fundamental equal liking for both the biggest cats,
you still appear to choose the Tiger over the Lion..

However, overall, you are incorrect to state that "The tiger usually supersedes the lion.." since the comprehensive balance of evidence, as fairly presented in this thread - clearly shows the maned cat as rightly taking top-most step on the podium of beasts..

How can you not accept this?
(If you have actually read the thread?)
Purblind fan worship?
Be Modest In Thyself..
Tigris View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2015 at 14:33
Hello J.A.W.,

Yes I have read the thread which is why I have said something about it.

You may interpret what I have written in your own way . I have openly admitted that I am a Tiger fan , but I do adore lions.  The comprehensive  evidence that you mention and rejoice in is all about the lion being superior than the tiger . And it seems hateful to me. At least I do not hate lions. I accept  that on some occasions a lion has defeated a tiger . However from majority of newspaper articles and youtube zoo videos I have noted the tiger emerging the victor. 

And might I now quote you ....'since the comprehensive balance of evidence, as fairly presented in this thread - clearly shows the maned cat as rightly taking top-most step on the podium of beasts.. ' I did some research on the tiger killed by the lion in the zoo, and it apparently turns out to be a tigress. But I have no enjoyment in posting pictures of dead lions and tigers. 
It is you that is obviously biased towards the lion and that's fine. Each one to their own . But what I do know from established facts is that there are 5 subspecies of tigers ....and lions are bigger than some tigers. But when it comes to the Siberian and Bengal tigers. generally they are marginally bigger than lions. A lion's skull is longer than a tigers, and as for the canines a tiger has longer canines than that of a lion , and that goes for the biteforce. Here is my comprehensive evidence to stake my points. 

This is from http://www.tigerfriends.com/tigers.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK84KVxXHIQ   (And this is a reliable documentary not self-made)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD5cYjwKxlM   (This one is of a lion fighting with an apparent tigress) Not sure how you would interpret this but the lion makes a retreat after getting swiped and pawed on the face. At one point I believe the tigress has a bite on the lion.  You will disagree Smile

And this of a lion killed in a China zoo by a tiger ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYXepnUqAU

Just like all this comprehensive evidence in this forum , I also have my authenticated evidence to prove that the tiger has defeated the lion. But this is not to say that I don't accept where the lion has emerged victorious. Here is an article where a lion defeats a tiger in a zoo.  

At South Perth Zoo, 1949, in a three-minute fight between a lion and a tiger, the lion killed the tiger. The fight occurred when the tiger put his head through a connecting slide. The lion caught the tiger by the throat, and, dragging it through the opening, killed it before the keepers arrived.

I am not here to argue on who is better , and neither am I here to disrespect a lion . Just like the comprehensive evidence I also have uploaded and posted evidence showing just what the tiger is made of . And you speak of humbleness...Well I also have uploaded an article from Wikipedia showing a lion killing a tiger .  
I believe you  are the one with purblind fan worship because  you will never accept where a tiger has killed or defeated a lion . From what I read the tiger is clearly hated on this forum and made to look inferior to the lion .To you the king of beasts is the maned cat , to me the king of the big cats is the tiger .

But rather than focusing and posting up stuff about whose better I do prefer to focus on those that go out to kill these magnificent big cats for trophies. I share in your anger at how Cecil was lured to his death. Because I felt the same way when I read about what happened. 

Edited by Tigris - 13-Aug-2015 at 14:52
Prime View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2015 at 15:46

lol Moron you say?

Moron is a term once used in psychology to denote mild intellectual disability.[1]

Nah, that doesnt describe me, that describes you. This radiates with the true definition of moron:

Even though pckts aka you, has shut it down in pure shame of how well the Leones team has pulverised the tigresa's team in terms of compiling facts...the true moron who thought he could fool the world with repeats, fakes and comedical BS. Yes, Bs, like how they came from yet another one of your blogs:

lol Its already been stated on this site, you have hundreds of those type of blogs, almost 100% of those blogs have not the first hand source to it and have been proven to be second hand falsified information or stuff el pckts aka you have made up from thin air. Awww, no year to this article, no source of a reputable news archive for further confirmation, no names, location? lol Right then. Nice proving your self to be the true moron, sounds like a rip off of the sleeping lioness one added in with newer content, much like castro did on her article of that same fight via calcutta.

Since you brand me as a lion fan with truth, thence I still find it puzzling how tiger fans can go out on a limb and lie to such an extant, you all have stated your selves to have the tiger as a god, the best and your top favorite animal more times than I can count (or prefer to count that high for no reason lol) Me, on the other hand just show case what most others state, I dont think the lion is the best of all predators, is a godly emblem, or even my favorite animal, my favorite animal is the shire horse, followed by wolves, and other animals.

I dont go out of my way for anything, I unlike most, just utilized my time to be direct, to the point, gather info that protains specifically to the asked question, and slipped my mind? lol Me and bold recently stated we are gona eventually get the info on ankara, statements from the keepers (who would need to be translated from Turkish languages, since its not in the U.S or english both who are nortorious for giving out incorrect translations, we'll get not only the quotes, but names, photos and more ect, I get most of my stuff either by the source or the next best thing.

You have zero respect for the lion, or you wouldnt have gone to the trouble of faking all those crap you did...I actually know of more tiger killing lions than any one on yuku and carnivora, more than peter, perault, wildfact, pckts/you.....combined....why havent I posted it? Because your site jackjacksonj, yuku, carnivora, the countless of videos, forums, blogs, hacking, lieing and being straight up f**king stupid cowardly people about it all. Even with my knowledge of tiger killing lion accounts past probably double anything has ever been posted on the web, I still know of more accounts of lions beating and killing tigers more...my gut tells me theres more, countless more.

But as you can see of my absence, I do not have the time at the moment, too busy. As for the tiger/lion accounts and experts followed by artifacts, name one single historian, one single biologist, one single any P.hd occupation on the entire planet that has brought forth more in those specific catagories (the defineing answers to who would win) than what me, lion crest, leofwin, bold have gathered?...Just one? Or in fact a collection of universitys? You have none that can challange it, just fairy fan boys like your self repeating the same garbage that has been repeated over a million+ times, the hypocrisy:

...Lies in the contradicted evidence you tiger fans compare to whats on hand with what people who care for the truth have as lion crest showed:

Did I ever say a tiger cant kill a lion? No. But the fact in the matter is, I did not (yet) post all tiger accounts that I know of because you tiger fans, which shouldnt even be called that, since by lieing over the tiger doesnt benefit, commend or speaks any high level of him, it actually distains, demotes and spoils his already bad reputation of his sly, cowardly, deceving qualitys, (like how much jackjacksonjs site quality of its objective adopted towards.) lieng and deceving, theres no sense in why I should aid people who have ulterior motives. My entire posts has nothing personally to do with the animals as entitys, but has everything to do with the (human) debate it self to reach a truthful and factual verdict. As some will say, its not personal its just buisness, I would say to that and to all, its about the facts, the fact is, you tiger fans couldnt even be truthful from the start, middle and ending, and still cant, lets see you face the truth and start from scratch then, make your own list of death accounts of tigers killing lions, (no lies, fakes, repeats, and the usaual B.S in chronological order) your own list of experts (who have experinced, witnessed or has a valid credability) and artifacts with all three catagories rangeing from the different walks of occupations, cultures ect. (no need for this skip around, bluffing, thousand post repeat of how there is more in list form, just to post bits and peices of one or two accounts and act like you are trying to be truthful).

You cant, hence you will go no where with the debate, your repeats and fakes will never be pulblished off the internet on recent modern science-biology books, and be the only ones wasting time, contradicting yourselves and being hypocrites, and puh-leeze... conservation? lol How many cash of the thousands have you poured into saving these animals? My guess is zero, how many hours, of months an years have you have hands on in rescuing these animals? My guess is zero, posting one or two post on the internet bashing hunters, or accidents isnt conservation, I dont pretend to be anything I'm not, I support conservation, but I dont need to obscure the motives like you tiger fans who just wanna get in a obscuring, derailing and fail post in how the tiger is the God of beast.

Much to your second post, as you stated that you arnt here to argue who is better, then why did you even bother to come here with yet another alt account? Your posts like we think the lion is King of beast and you think the tiger is king of beast rant, is empty, uselss and disabled, in that rant alone stands in showing how you have no understading of anything protaining to why we are here, we are here to prove things to its ultimate verdict, there is other than fanboyism, absoultely no way you could ever prove the notion the tiger is King of beast as his overall qualitys as show cased and exampled here:

You tiger fans are the only envyous, jealous, ranting and whineing ones of the lot, you transmute and take anything envolved with power, rights and title higher over the other as only a formality of win, win win, hence you only want to call the tiger the King of beast because you want him as the winner, the tiger in true reality has no such qualitys that resemble noble Kings, or Kingly status in general. He does not poses a army, (lions rule over the pride via his army) tigers on a week to week basis does not protect his cubs, off springs, spouses, from intermidiate, to distant family members and friends as kings govern his Kingdom, male lions do this weekly not just from there own species but any opposing challanger. Tigers do not rule undisputed, prides have no natrual carnivorous predator. Does not have a Kingly anatomy-ornament recongnized by all cultures via crown = mane. Does not poses the qualitys such as nobility, magnanimity, as bold, courages, and death-defying as the lion has, no his main attributes noted by 90% of the people who hunted tigers, people who live with tigers, ect... state he is a cowardly animal. untainable by any culture reviweing it first hand to deem him a King. You are just mad and upset that it is universally accepted that the lion has the title of King of the beast, and other than a select one in a million people who come out to retort it for their culture, is still taken as nothing but a bias rant. No one here hates the tiger, thats just you not wanting to come into grip with reality.

You actually think if we went to a academic review to a university(s) (in person both me and you), with all there is on hand, that the tiger supporters comparing there tiny one page refference sheet of shady accounts, second hand opinions, and non-essentials is gona top what nearly a quarter of a book worth of compiled facts? lol I am not convinced that this is nearly a fraction of the info avaliable to be collected, compiled, restored and shared with universitys and schollars, but I can asure you, when the time is right and I do come back to the debate, I will have double to triple the amount there is.

This debate is interesting none the less, and I am sure it will be answerd in our life time. And as pun is intended, without being bias, subjective, cherry picking, ect...I think the lion will take the win overall. Smile

Edited by Prime - 13-Aug-2015 at 16:39
Be honset to thy self!
Prime View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2015 at 18:54
Oh and Lion crest, cool post on that site of bolds, havent read it thoroughly yet, wont let me view it...but no dought its good. You should ask leofwin and bold them to help you out with that one, you should also get jenin on board to help you too, he says hes from india, that guy sanjay is too whos on wild fact could help you out too...that is if they can speak/read indias languages, they could further aid the search in to which we are incapable of looking into at the moment.

I actually contacted Singh hari shanka. Not much on info yet, but its a start. I did share a few of the conflicts in the wild and captivity of indias fights with Mr. singh, but no responce to the last post yet. He was pretty stocked in how he never knew of any wild conflicts of lions and tigers in india. But maybe he will look through his indias-sources/history to uncover more stuff. lol Even valmik thapar (the present leading tiger conservationlist) admited in his latest book that he new little to nothing of tigers history before doing his researches. lol Pretty classic that a guy who spends all his time with tigers couldnt shed any light on subject, yet people like pckts who hasnt seen a real live wild tiger in his life wants to talk about their godly qualitys and superiorty over lions as if its a fact on the highest degree of science lol.

But again, you can lead that way by asking the people of authority such as thapar, mitra, singh ect, and share what we now know of conflicts, and I am pretty sure they will further want to learn more of both their indegenous sons of india via lions and tigers, no single person will know everything, but if we do start to contact the right authoritys, they can help grow the list and find out the truth even more, in terms the accounts, its not that no one is interested in looking, its they dont know where to start and or just dont know...admiting you dont know doesnt mean you cant go finding the answers. It would be nice to see some of the active avid posters atleast start asking some authoritys, it will be more constructive, and actually alot easier than posting walls of text of things not really essential to the debate. But anyways, good luck to all who want to know the truth.

Be honset to thy self!
Prime View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2015 at 04:17

And one more thing, I was re-reviewing Valmik thapars book excotic aliens, and I have come to the conclusion that this book is probably the biggest dis-respect to the asiatic lions presence in india ever mentioned on one sum up, atleast in terms coming from an indian person. And it seems I am not the only to have thought so:

For anything to term'd conclusive it has to go through the trials of testing, how many archaeological sites has valmik thapar gone to? Because theres over a million, I am sure he hasent even gone to 100/1,000,000th of them, read over a 1,000 books on them, has even spend more time with lions (since hes a tiger activist), so where does he expect the literature to come from? When people search these days, if it doesnt just fall into their laps or given to them on a silver platter, or isnt found on the very first pages of google, they are omnipotant to say and make up anything they like. It sounds like the romans, and their over-claiming of knowing everything aout the universe, knows of all the stars billions of light years away since time began, yet they didnt even know about a continent via america which is right next door only till a few 500 or so years ago. lol

Valmik even states in his book, that before his initial search, he had no knowledge (he says it himself), that he didnt know of how much his royals use to hunt these animals, and the historical significance of lions and tigers...whuh? A person with zero academics in history is now writing a 2,000 year consenus on lions? lol Lets begin with Mitra (a real historian) in what he states:

The earliest signs of the lion as a species go back to the Pleistocene era, with
remains having been found in Bankura in western Bengal.

Susunia Hill is a known archeological and fossil site. Fossil remains of lion, giraffe, hyena and many other animal species have been discovered from areas around.

West bengals Bankuras location:

File:India West Bengal locator map.svg

Puh that shuts the windows of the poor made up denials of thapar, that even strengthens the legends of the asiatic lion of china, aka Suanni (since west bengal is ridiculously close to china)...could have been the lion, there are several chinese historians, commentators, monks, dictionarys and more which say a golden color tiger use to eat other tigers and leopards, the oldest artifacts of suanni looks more like a lion than it does any other animal in the entire animal kingdom. Whats the distripcription of the suanni in literature?

- The image of the suanni (looks like a tiger) arent lions anatomically the same? CHECK
- The color of this suanni, (Golden), what color are lions? Baygh, yellow, gold.  CHECK
- Breaths smoke hmmm, tough one, since its so similar to dragons and their mythos, then it cant be lions, because lions dont breath smoke, ohh wait...they do:

(china has colder climates, hence lions there more often breath smoke when roaring) DOUBLE CHECK

The statue is even condoled in the exact same purpose the lion has been for all of history of china, to protect the houses, graves and living quarters of the chinese people, check. His charecterestics? Bold, fearless, yet gentle and kind, lions??? Check, check check, check. Look at the golden statue, the one even has tufts of hair on his elbows, what other big cat has those? Nadda. But back to Valmik, there is one thing I am in agreance with him is, that the tiger should be the national animal of india, Valmik did make a good point about the tiger needed the attention more to better be in awareness, and that the lion was already a national animal and yet it still didnt aid his recovery in any time before hand...but my views are only because the lion has taken tribute to almost every flag and emblem all over the world already, the tiger is almost exclusively found in india, so it fits him better there.

Its seems that just like pepsi and coke,  lions and tigers although ridculously the same, no different than another race of people, have mascot envy of foot ball player sydrome of die hard fans will condem their opposing side, just because it mirrors better qualitys, stronger attributes, higher respect towards the other. I've actually contacted two indian wild life historians apart from Singh hari shanka, and they actually had alot of historical basis on asiatic lion, they showed stuff that actually covered alot in each century, but these are more of archaeological significance, and little to do with the animals, which is no biggie, I cant find everything on them in one or two replys, but so then I shared some of the findings of (specifically the asiatic lion) persica, of the 10 or so times the indian lion had fought and killed tigers in india, yes india...no where else. And they were a bit surprised and also very excitedly interested, so hopefully they double up on their colleagues and bring the lion out of oblivion by further doing some genuine indian historical research.

The bottom line is, Valmik and his co-writers who yelled out like some kind of nazi'est proagandist school girls, that every library in india should have his book excotic aliens, should have actually thought it through and done some basic research first...no one human knows everything, no one university has universal-planetary knowledge, did they do any research? To what extant? I bet they havent even visted 100 different librarys, and that alone is petiful, does anyone know how many librarys there are in india???

In India, there are 54,856 public libraries

Ever heard the term, what appens in vegas...stays in vegas? What happens in vegas doesnt happen in all of america. Thats true district to district in india, what happens in one region doesnt happen in all of inida, so each states librarys will have ecological and biodiversity unique to there own...we know that Lions co-existed with tigers in...

- Gujarat
- Uttar predesh
- Maharastra
- The gangis plains/river/basin
- Medhya predesh
- Harriana
- Baroda
- Gwailor
- Andra pradesh
- Goona
- Palanpur
- Ahmedabad
- Damoh
- Palamau
- Bengal
- Shivpuri
- Jharkhand
- Rajasthan
- Surat
- Bangalore

Did valmik visit any of the thousands of librarys just in those areas? Your answer is no. Did he consult the scholars in each one of those places, the historians in each one of those places, went to archaeological sites there, the natives there, study each century of writings worth just 1,000 years? Your answer is, no. The lion is in a state of oblivion, because for one thing, there are too many different languages in india to transverse knowledge universally, in america mostly everyone speaks english, hence news gets around relatively fast, in india there are many different types. It will take a combined amount of academic sociotys to write something about just 100 years worth, let alone thapars 2,000 year old pusedo-knowledge. 

If anyone knows the concept of process of elimination, they could easily find the answers to locations of lion and tiger coexisting and conflicts of indias records...you have to get a hold of each of the librarys/historians/archaeologist of the places lions/tigers coexisted like names above, if one doesnt have any information, than you can just move on to the next, thats how process of elimination works, and at that point, if you arnt willing to ask/look/research-it, then...

1.) You will remain ignorant.

2.) Why the hell are you even still on the subject if you arnt willing to go foward.

Science is about moving foward, testing things, looking for the truth, not staying still, people like Valmik, pckts, haughton, aint even about moving foward or staying still, they are about going backwards, lieing, faking, denying, and trying to re-write history, in there views, which of course is bias, pathetic, and not factual.

Like this new one for instance, heres a new location that specifically states lions and tigers were in the same place...Meerut

146 MEERUT.

ment in the least disappointed: attendance so often becomes anything but agreeable, verifying the adage, "Too much of one thing." Reviews in the mornings and evenings, levees and seeing barracks, and other interesting sights, occupied our days, and constrained every one to be booted and spurred.

This place is celebrated for its hospitality and gaiety during the winter months. It has a race-course, theatre, and ball-room; and those who reside within convenient distances, generally contrive to come in and mix with their friends during that season of festivity. The houses are good, and each has a well-stocked garden of fruits and vegetables. The European troops usually remain three years at each station, which permits them to make themselves comfortable. Abundance of game, (including the majestic elephant, the tiger, and some few lions, to the North-west in the desert, down to the diminutive quail,) is within a short distance of Meerut, and this is one reason for the preference most people give it.

Hmmmm? Lets see, lions and tigers in the same area, (check), a tiger and few lions which means pride vs solitary, further showing lions would have dominated with little accord (check) reason why there were no lions there after? European troops, a dam army of guns men were there, (CHECK)...hence although lions and tigers were in the same area, the tiger had a better chance of surviving because:

-TIGER- He preffered thicker, densar cover, remaining hidden, elusive for being alone making it harder to spot and opprehend, will also vamoose, scram and zip on out even if there is the slightest amount of danger.

-LION- Preffers to be in the open, travels in large groups, roars all day and night which can be heard 5 miles out, is bolder and will give more fight to protect the cubs instead of running to protect himself.

See how that works out when you have the actual evidence and abstracts to go off of? How many years has the yuku team like pckts and peter have been repeating the same BS on made up weights, made up behaviors, made up statistics? Not so easy to speak so little of the lion now that the evidence is around, now is it? Nope. Instead of talk, talk talk, why dont you avid posters do some genuine research, that shows 1...that lions and tigers did coexist in the same districts and 2...the tigers had a 100% no chance of being the culprate of slewing a city of lions, when in fact it mentions an army in the same passage of their co-existment.

More lions in different locations:

A few lions are said to inhabit the little desert westward of the Lonee, and wild hogs are very numerous about Balmer; but few tigers or leopards are ever heard of in Jodhpoor or Jesulmer, and are, I believe, never seen in the junguls of Beekaner. Neelgae and antelopes abound in Sind, and a few deer are to be found to eastward of the Great Desert;

What do you think is easier to shoot, something in a desert, where theres no cover or something in a jungle where theres thousands of obstacles? Yet another mentioning of both in the same districts of marwar and sirohi:

The lion (Felis leo) has now become extinct in these States, no specimen having been shot in either Marwar or Sirohi for nearly thirty years. In 1872 the Bhil Shikari of Mr. T. W. Miles brought in the skin of a full-grown Asiatic lioness which he had shot on the Anadra side of Mount Abu, and about the same year Colonel Hayland bagged four of the species near Jaswantpura, in Marwar. These were the last lions seen over the Kutch border of Marwar, and the Abu lioness was the last met with in Sirohi territory. They seem to have been more easily shot than tigers, as they returned more boldly to their "kills," thus becoming an easy prey to the Bhil Shikari who sat up for them

The tiger (Felis tigris) is still to be found in many parts of Marwar and Sirohi,

There are no wild animals peculiar to Rajputana. Lions must have been numerous about a hundred years ago, for Colonel Tod writes that Maharao Raja Bishan Singh of Bundi, who died in 1821, 'had slain upwards of one hundred lions

Thus " Murray " gravely slates that Abu is a place where the lion and the tiger may
still be seen together,

Formerly lions were far more plentiful in this part of the country, and used to live more in the open plains. One cavalry officer a good many years ago, told me he had shot eighty lions in this province in three years, using well-trained horses for the purpose, and following them over the open country. His gun was a small bore double-barrel flint one, for he described the horror on rushing to a friend's rescue, who had been seized by the arm by a wounded lioness, of finding that after snapping several times in vain, the gun flint had fallen out and a new one had to be screwed in, when the lioness was killed by a shot fired close into its ear.

About a hundred years ago tigers, lions, and other large game were common in Ahmedabad. Tigers (1783) were found in the desolate ground outside2 of the city walls, and in the Dholka subdivision dense forests near the Sabarmati were the resort of lions and tigers. Forbes in his Oriental Memoirs3 has preserved Sir Charles Malet's account of a lion hunt in those forests in the year 1780. At Kura, about thirty miles north of Cambay, a place of impenetrable woods, not far from the Sabarmati, the traces of some large animals of the tiger class were found

Trivandrum Museum and are replicas of those now exhibited in the Whale Gallery of the British Museum. The other central case contains the largest known specimen of the Dugong (stuffed), from the Gulf of Manaar, with a skeleton, photographs and drawings of the animal....

This last exhibit replaces a spectacular group representing a fight between a lion and a tiger, mounted in quasirealistic style with plenty of red-sealingwax blood. Some eighteen years ago this triumph of the taxidermist's art became dilapidated and was removed. But its fame had gone abroad and survived its destruction beyond the confines of India; for when the Dalai Lama visited the Museum in 1910 one of the first things that his attendants asked to be shown was the lion and the tiger fighting, of which they had heard at Lhassa.

Ten species olfelida are found S. of the Himalaya, including the lion, tiger, leopard, cheetah, and the true cats (F. catvt).

It is believed that lion entered India from Persia about 6000 years ago, and then
spread in northern India

You know...when three people, a british hunter, a indian ruler and a calvary man had combined killed almost 600 lions...(just three people)...this doesnt really make the asiatic lion sound all that rare. Just three people killed more lions than there is of a 100 years worth of gujurats efforts to restore the gir lions...again, three people, exactly how much can a army of british do? How much can countless of centurys crazed prince's, kings, rajputs, mughals, sultans and other rulers of india kill? This knowledge is coming from only a hand full of books, how much librarys were in india again? Fifty thousand plus? And how many books in all the librarys, maybe a hundred thousand plus? Thapars book sounds like it was more deliberate than it was ignorantly.

Lets highlight the words that describes the amount, quanitys and knowledge of much lions were always mentioned in areas of india:

• books.google.com
    With regard to the habits of lions, it is probable from the uniformly tawny color of these animals. that they were primitively ... Then again, whereas the Indian lion was formerly abundant in the sandy plains of Rajputana, the favorite haunts
  •  
    books.google.com
    James Sutherland Cotton, Sir Richard Burn, Sir William Stevenson Meyer - ‎1908 - Read - More editions
    Until the beginning of the nineteenth century both lions and tigers appear to have been common, and the Nardak of the ... and in the neighbourhood of Sirsa and in other parts of the Punjab tigers were abundant until past the middle of the

• books.google.com
    If North Americans cannot protect their wolves, how can we expect the Africans and Asians to protect their lions and tigers? The hostility by some ... Historically, lions thrived from India across west Asia into Europe. Thereare ... The Arabian Lions are considered to have been plentiful in southwest Asia into the 19th century.
  •  
    books.google.com
    This antagonism between lions and Europeans, with all their resources for destruction, has led to the extermination of lions in several areas of Africa where they were at one time plentiful. Man, too, was ... There is no reason to suppose that the two instances quoted in testimony of the wholesale slaughter of Indian lions in two districts were in any way exceptional where they were plentiful.

books.google.com
    A tery fine lion, sent from Loodehauneh by Colonel (Xhterlony, was landed at Calcutta, on the evening of November 13. The animal is supposed to ... existence of lions in India. The country of Cash...The lions are still very plentiful here; yet we have now killed in all, forty three; besides tiger", and two leopards. •

Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal

books.google.com
    I would rather presume, that by the adoption of the lion, the Sinha, the subduing of the lions among Indian men, viz. the ... in not having ascertained the existence of the lion in our days in Hurriana, where they were a few years ago plentiful;

• books.google.com
    ing sports much more interest in the lion than in the tiger, which last was always more especially the favourite carnivore of the Hindus. In the seventeenth century the lion was still abundant in north-western India, Gujarat, and even the Dekkan,
  •  

Some one should explain the definition of the words....ABUNDANT...and....PLENTIFUL to Valmik thapar.

Any ways, on the asiatic lion topic, I side scrolled a bit and actually came across a article that covered Jam saheb again, it turns out there was another fight between a lion and tiger to add to the 4 he witnessed. I dont have the article at the moment, but it was suppose to be some where here:

The lion died as well, what was interesting was, the lion that died was a female, and she took down a...male tiger as well. Thats quite the feat, since if it was a male lion, the tiger wouldnt have been able to get to a vital area like the neck. I dont call it a 50/50 because of the gender gap, for a smaller, weaker, lioness to have kamikaze'd a bigger stronger male bengal tiger, shows that in the wild, lionesses via prides would be able to kill a tiger with unity much more effectively, and thats even without the males help.

It seems the argument of tiger supramcy is slipping away with every account of a female lioness/tigress/leopardess killing a male tiger...is that all there is? I dought it.

Any ways, wont be of much help, but will see you guys down the line. Again, good luck to everyone who is interested in the truth.

Edited by Prime - 17-Aug-2015 at 02:06
    Be honset to thy self!
    Tigris View Drop Down
    Housecarl
    Housecarl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2015 at 19:02
    Prime  I believe you have left numerous posts on this topic on other forums under  similar usernames that have 'Prime' in them  and judging by the extent you have gone to prove the Lion beats the Tiger , I am strongly inclined to believe that these posts on those sites have also been left by you . And I am not surprised at all that people have ridiculed and challenged your lion-superiority on these forums . 

That picture you PROUDLY posted up of a 'tiger ' killed by a male lion actually is a tigrESS that was killed by the lion . So how does a male lion winning a fight over a female tigress make it even and label the lion as the champion ? The lion that was killed in the Turkey Zoo was male and the Tiger that sadly killed him was a male Bengal tiger . But I feel no joy in what happened to the lion . At least I get my facts right . And this was a male on male incident . 

And you say I have zero respect for this lion, well at least I did not rejoice in uploading a dead tigress' picture on here just to prove that the lion is a better fighter.  

I do not disagree that there have been occasions where a male lion has defeated a male tiger , but there have also been occasions where a male tiger has defeated a male lion. You are a delusional biased lion lover , and its ironical that in one of your posts you said you love both animals . Yet in your preaching of hate for the tiger you are the one who has repeated yourself just to make a BOLD statement on the lion being better .  

2. Roman Proske has mentioned a fight in which a tiger had crushed the neck of a lion in one single bite. The lion was a massive black-maned one. The fight wasn’t fair, though. The lion had the advantage of jumping on the back of the tiger to start the fight. Later, the tiger had the advantage when the trainer had poked it on the face with a steel fork. (Page 17, Ref. 54).

In his tales Clyde Beatty said he lost his tigers to lions but he also cited incidents where the Tiger came out the victor....

3Sumatran tiger had held his own against at least seven lions.
    ”At one time it looked as if ten lions were battling Chester” and yet, Chester “emerged with no serious injury” (Page 79, Ref. 27), mentioned elsewhere as “In fact my Sumatra tiger Chester fought off seven lions” (Page 258, Ref. 27).   (And a Sumatran tiger is smaller than a lion).

4. Bengal tiger whipped three-four lions at the same time.
    “Rex, a Royal Bengal tiger, was the most dependable cat I have ever trained. He went to greater lengths to avoid a fight than any other lion or tiger I have known. When the issue was forced upon him and there was no escape from a battle, he fought like a demon and usually won. …… Three or four times lions ganged up on such occasions and dragged him down from his roost – and always lived to regret it. For Rex was at his best when the odds were against him” (Page 164, Ref. 7).

5Beatty said that a tiger, Sudan, could hold his own against his best fighter lion, Caesar.
    ”Sudan was a real fighter and could have held his own against either Prince or Caesar (two of the four ‘brother’ lions dominating the arena).” Soon afterwards Sudan had to fight at least six lions at once. (Page 67, Ref. 27).

You will enjoy this one because he speaks of his beloved lion finally killing a tiger that had got the upper hand on the lion in previous duels :

6.“In several encounters between King Edward, a big black-maned Nubian, and Dan, a Royal Bengal tiger, the “king of beasts” had moved out second best.” But finally one day King Edward had succeeded to overpower and kill Dan

I do not loathe the lion.  In response to J.A.W.S ' post,  yes 'supersede' may have been the incorrect word for me to use when it comes to comparing a lion and tiger . They are both magnificent animals each  with their strengths and fighting /hunting skills . A lion is taller , a tiger is longer and usually heavier . A tiger has a bigger bite force but that's not to say a lion's is weak . A lion 's roar is louder than a tigers. And just because the tiger lives in a jungle and is aided by the forests does not make it any less of an apex predator.

Lions hunt in a pride and they usually help each other bring big prey down. Tigers hunt
    GAUR , which is the biggest buffalo around , and from what I have researched and observed in Tiger Safari recordings he usually does it on his own . No external help.   The Gaur is bigger than an African Wild Buffalo .
    Lions  hunt buffalos , but usually in a team.  Yes I have seen lions hunt giraffe and elephant ( usually as a pride). I have  seen tigers take down crocodiles and pythons on their own. 

It is obvious you demean the tiger and judging by the extent you have gone to make the tiger look inferior to the lion you have insecurities about the tiger matching a lion . 
    Yes this is a rather interesting debate and I  wonder if you could tell me why National Geographic put the Tiger as the 4th strongest animal in the Most Extreme - Strength episode and the lion does not make any number in the top ten?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1STQDsWMGm4

I mean the lion is also a very powerful animal . Honestly I found it strange and disappointing that the lion was not included. The lion has beaten a tiger as you have shown so he deserves some merit also.

7. I have also read some comments from lion fans on YouTube who accept a Tiger is a powerful adversary and very well matches the lion :

8 From 'Tales of travellers; or, A view of the world' pg. 453, and this is in reference to Bengal Tigers and Asiatic Lions :

This is also the truth and I don't mind being a moron for standing up for the tiger and stating proven facts about just how majestic and ferocious and powerful the striped cat is. 
    It seems like you are in denial when it comes to accepting that a tiger also wins over a lion , there is no supremacy in my books. The sculptures that you point out are just that ...sculptures. It is accepted that certain countries were biased towards the lion and would hence sculpt a lion in a winning pose over a tiger . 

We should worry more about the trophy hunting and how we can help towards banning this scum that kill these big cats for their amusement and trophy collection. 

Edited by Tigris - 18-Aug-2015 at 21:29
    Catlion View Drop Down
    Knight
    Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2015 at 07:18
    Tigris, post sources, please. Most of your posts seem fabricated. Nothing close to the amount of sources and details in Prime's posts.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>