Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arabain Gulf old Maps?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arabain Gulf old Maps?!
    Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 07:14
I don't understand very well what do you want to say, that Persia derive from Pars and Parthia from Part? Question

I only know that in the map of Azimuth "Pars" is the continuation of the phrase "African pars", and this phrase is broken by the legend "Turcici Imperii Imago", and that you said "look, Egypt is Pars", when is clear a mistake of understanding of you not of the map, like you insinuate making a comparation with "Sinus Arabic" wich is a correct name according with the map.

What so confused paragraph i have writen  now Wacko
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 12:05
i dont know what made you all ( Zagros, sirius99, Cyrus and Ikki) ASSUMED that iam trying to say that the correct name is Arabian gulf and Persian Gulf is false ??

where did i point that ?

my point is cleary stated in my previous post below

Originally posted by azimuth

so from that

the term Arabian Gulf is not an invention of the 1960s, it did exist before that for the Persian gulf. 

some articles in wikipedia needs modification Big%20smile

-----

also we need to add more to the terms that gulf had through history

1- lower sea
2- the sea from where the sun rises
3-the bitter sea
4- the persian gulf
5-the arabian gulf
6- the sea elcatif
7- the basra gulf

7 names so far and the most famouse and widely used now offcourse is the persian gulf, arabian gulf started to be used again after 1960s by arab countries.

to whom who are not familier with the issue,

there has been and still lots of tension on the internet between iranians and anybody who uses the term Arabian Gulf as a name for the gulf between Iran and Arabian peninsula, they have the right to defend what they want BUT they went far and tring to change historical facts by denying the existance of Other names the gulf had though history!! also claiming that the term Arabian Gulf is a new invention made in the 1960s.

my whole point is that the persian/arabian gulf had and still have different names and denying them is denying Facts and sinking in a baseless nationalisitc propaganda.

-----------------

in an older thread i also did put my position of the terms http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6127

and that was before knowing that that gulf been called Arabian before 1960, yet still my point is the same.
Smile

Edited by azimuth - 02-Feb-2007 at 12:14
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:17

Of course they are accurate.

The whole gulf name stuff is just another attempt to distort Arab history. There are people that have been trying to destroy Arab history by trying to show that Arabs only got out of their tents 50 years ago and started to spend the oil money and the hush money sheiks received from the US to build big buildings.

Arabs have no reason to have any kind of history/heritage complex because Arabs have the longest history in the world going back at least 100000 years ago. In fact Adam and Noah were Arabs themself. Here is the source

denying this fact is also sinking in a baseless nationalistic propaganda

Aktufe View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Aktufe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:23
you're sarcastic right?
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:39
Originally posted by Ikki

I don't understand very well what do you want to say, that Persia derive from Pars and Parthia from Part? Question

I only know that in the map of Azimuth "Pars" is the continuation of the phrase "African pars", and this phrase is broken by the legend "Turcici Imperii Imago", and that you said "look, Egypt is Pars", when is clear a mistake of understanding of you not of the map, like you insinuate making a comparation with "Sinus Arabic" wich is a correct name according with the map.

What so confused paragraph i have writen  now Wacko

You are right, I made mistake but I just wanted to mention that "Pars" also means "Portion" in Persian language.

Azimuth, we know most of the peoples who live in both the southern and northern coasts of the Persian gulf are Arabs, so it is not strange if they call it "Arabian Gulf" but the strange thing is that they expect other peoples do the same and ignore the historical facts and evidences.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:44

i dont know what made you all ( Zagros, sirius99, Cyrus and Ikki) ASSUMED that iam trying to say that the correct name is Arabian gulf and Persian Gulf is false ??

where did i point that ?

Smile

ah OK, i understand now your point, i thought that you was saying that the original name was Arabic Gulf and that is not the matter, the question is that the Persian Gulf is called too Arabic at least from certain time and some people. Well, personally i think that Persian is more acurate, but that don't exclude the fact that Arabic is a real name and should be considerated, like many others places of the world in the same situation, think about Germany wich have a lot of names. But, an important "but" to this if: if we are talking about a name born 40 years ago, i can't agree because will be clearly a question of nationalism not custom.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:46
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

"Pars" also means "Portion" in Persian language.

Another indoeuropean connection?? Interesting never hear about it.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:53
Originally posted by hani

Of course they are accurate.

The whole gulf name stuff is just another attempt to distort Arab history. There are people that have been trying to destroy Arab history by trying to show that Arabs only got out of their tents 50 years ago and started to spend the oil money and the hush money sheiks received from the US to build big buildings.

Arabs have no reason to have any kind of history/heritage complex because Arabs have the longest history in the world going back at least 100000 years ago. In fact Adam and Noah were Arabs themself. Here is the source

denying this fact is also sinking in a baseless nationalistic propaganda

You can be sure about one thing: since the rise of the Islam, of all the non europeans civilizations, there is no one, hear carefully, no one other wich we in Europe study with greatest interest than arabic, and expanding, islamic in general; understand that when i studied in the university the manuals about Middle Age had 1/3 for the islamic cultures, 1/2 if we are talking about the cultures of Near East in Ancient Times. Leave that victimist actitude and don't begin any nationalist flame war in this forum, please.
Xshayathiya View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Xshayathiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2007 at 21:11
Originally posted by hani

Arabs have no reason to have any kind of history/heritage complex because Arabs have the longest history in the world going back at least 100000 years ago.

umm....uh.....so Arabic history begins in the Paleolithic period, before humanity developed language? Very interesting.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you are hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote TheGame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 15:19
These maps are forgeries. All the texts that go along with these maps say Persian Gulf, a fact that the creator of that site leaves out on purpose. This is especially true of Mercator, who uses the term Persian Gulf in all of his text.

Look at the map dated 1740 by Jacques Nicolas Bellin, it clearly says Persian Gulf in the bottom left corner, and this idiot put it on his "Arabian Gulf Maps" webpage...LOL

This is just another rich Arab racist Sheikh with money to throw around.

That site is misleading and full of forgeries. The creator obviously leave out key facts on purpose, such as the fact that Mercator used the term Persian Gulf in all of his texts, not Arabian Gulf.

Edited by TheGame - 04-Feb-2007 at 15:23
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 02:02
these maps are not made by mercator alone, and i already gave you other sites ( not arabic) which have some of the maps on that site.

these maps are facts as the other names the gulf had before and after Persian Gulf being used.

shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 18:00

Most of the people around persian gulf  are arabs even in Iranian sides.So Arabs also  have the same right as Iranian do to call the gulf whatever they like. There is no  need to be so sensetive. There are many places with two diffrent names.

TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote TheGame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 23:07
Originally posted by shinai

Most of the people around persian gulf  are arabs even in Iranian sides.So Arabs also  have the same right as Iranian do to call the gulf whatever they like. There is no  need to be so sensetive. There are many places with two diffrent names.

Thats not the point, and there are several things wrong with your statement.

a) yes, I'm sure there are Arabs on both sides of the Persian Gulf, and it goes the other way around, there are also Persians and Persian descendants on both sides of the Persian Gulf. Infact, the number of people of Iranian or Persian descent on the Arabian side of the Persian Gulf probably outnumber the Arabs that live on the Iranian side.

This goes to show that it is not where a people live that decides names. For example, why is the Indian Ocean called the Indian Ocean, why is the Arabian Sea called the Arabian Sea, and why is the Gulf of Oman called the Gulf of Oman?

b) International bodies of water are not subjected to the rules of local bodies of water. The UN says that when two or more countries share a body of water, they can each use whatever name they want and that should be respected.

This is the case for the Shatt al-Arab/Arvandrud, where it is owned solely by Iran and Iraq evenly, therefore, each have rights to name it.

However, the Persian Gulf is an international body of water, not owned by any one country. International bodies of water are not subject to be named whatever a certain people/country please. If that was so, map makers would be dealing with a chaotic world.

these maps are not made by mercator alone, and i already gave you other sites ( not arabic) which have some of the maps on that site.

these maps are facts as the other names the gulf had before and after Persian Gulf being used.

No offense, but these Arab governments have been known to fabricate information along with using their money when it comes to the Persian Gulf.

As far as I'm concerned, this map containing one forgery is enough to discredit the entire site, and all of its other maps.

Edited by TheGame - 05-Feb-2007 at 23:10
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
kajdom View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote kajdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 00:19

The reality is not that easy. just try change for example gulf of oman or arabian sea to Persian or Iranian sea and you can see their reaction. specially If you trying to convince other nations to call that and use fake maps to back up your claim that gonna blow up whole arabian nation. for other attempt you can change name of Indian ocean to pakistani ocean or african ocean and watch indian reaction. this is natural.

Edited by kajdom - 06-Feb-2007 at 00:19
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 11:45

where did i point that ?

so from that

the term Arabian Gulf is not an invention of the 1960s, it did exist before that for the Persian gulf. 

some articles in wikipedia needs modification Big%20smile

-----

also we need to add more to the terms that gulf had through history

1- lower sea
2- the sea from where the sun rises
3-the bitter sea
4- the persian gulf
5-the arabian gulf
6- the sea elcatif
7- the basra gulf

7 names so far and the most famouse and widely used now offcourse is the persian gulf, arabian gulf started to be used again after 1960s by arab countries.

to whom who are not familier with the issue,

there has been and still lots of tension on the internet between iranians and anybody who uses the term Arabian Gulf as a name for the gulf between Iran and Arabian peninsula, they have the right to defend what they want BUT they went far and tring to change historical facts by denying the existance of Other names the gulf had though history!! also claiming that the term Arabian Gulf is a new invention made in the 1960s.

my whole point is that the persian/arabian gulf had and still have different names and denying them is denying Facts and sinking in a baseless nationalisitc propaganda.

-----------------

in an older thread i also did put my position of the terms http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6127

and that was before knowing that that gulf been called Arabian before 1960, yet still my point is the same.
Smile

Ok Azimuth tell me which one of your claims we should believe?

This:

where did i point that ?

or this:
arabian gulf started to be used again after 1960s by arab countries

You see the problem? now please explain.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 12:02

Most of the people around persian gulf are arabs even in Iranian sides.So Arabs also have the same right as Iranian do to call the gulf whatever they like. There is no need to be so sensetive. There are many places with two diffrent names.

You have to understand that the Gulf Arabs are trying to change the internationally recognised name of the Persian Gulf for political reasons. They even called it Persian Gulf themselves before their British overlords gave them the task of starting conflict with Iran in the late 60s.

The reason why Persian Gulf has stuck is because Persia (as it was known in the West) was the dominant power of the region - in the middle ages there was no Arab state to speak of, so it was natural that the Gulf be referred to as the Persian Gulf by the overwhelming majority of European cartographer and explorers which refers to the country that owned land on both sides of it. So persian Gulf refers to the land and empire of Persia (Iran), not the people of Persia (Persians).

That not withstanding, ther eare even older records which refer to the Gulf as Persian such as Ptolemy's maps and, ironically, Caliphate era maps...

Edited by Zagros - 06-Feb-2007 at 19:14
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote TheGame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 19:06
Originally posted by kajdom

The reality is not that easy. just try change for example gulf of oman or arabian sea to Persian or Iranian sea and you can see their reaction. specially If you trying to convince other nations to call that and use fake maps to back up your claim that gonna blow up whole arabian nation. for other attempt you can change name of Indian ocean to pakistani ocean or african ocean and watch indian reaction. this is natural.

Yes, exactly. There are even some maps showing the Arabian Sea as the Persian Sea, how would these Arabs react if we took their name off of the sea?

The bottom line is that this boils down to racism and hatred against Iran.
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12