Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArmenia vs. Azerbaijan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armenia vs. Azerbaijan
    Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 11:47
First, to the admins and moderators:

Please, if you think this topic will end up with "brutal" discussion, then I won't feel "bad" if you close it. Thank You.

Now, I want to ask you a question: What do you think, if there will be a war between those two, who would win? - Without interference of any other country or nation. I, personally will say, of course that my country will win. I have several reasons for it, like for ex. I dont know many about Armenian military but I know about ours, every week TV is talking about our "mighty" army and its "almighty" weapons. So guess, from that point of view, my preference is not so strong. But still, what I can say about Azerbaijan's military, is that our military budget was 660 million dollars for 2006 and it is planned to be 1 000 000 dollars this year. Our population is 8 580 000 this month. I dont know both about Armenia's military budget and population. We have 160 000 men serving in the army. We also have got undeniable corruption in our army - that is obvious. And another thing is, if there will be a war, it most probably will take part in Karabagh which 90 % is mountainous and 70 % of mountains are covered with thick forrest. Winter becomes really snowy and cold there (-20-25 C.). So, those were conditions, and I once again ask u to discuss this only militarily, but not politically.

Thank you.

Edited by Kerimoglu - 31-Jan-2007 at 14:04
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 12:12
We have rules against threads like this, not because of the expected content but because you haven't opened it well. You should at least include your own opinion backed by some sort of source and set the topic off on an appropriate course of discussion.

You have some time to edit your post and make it more informative, if you don't then the thread will be locked.

And a word of warning to anyone who takes part, since this is in the military forum, only aspects from the proposed theatre of war may be discussed, nothing political (nationalist/racist) etc.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 16:05
Don't be so optimistic Kerimoghlu, i think Iran will help Armenia, the relations between Iran and Azerbayjan are not very well.

Edited by Maziar - 31-Jan-2007 at 16:07
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 16:15
Originally posted by Maziar

Don't be so optimistic Kerimoghlu, i think Iran will help Armenia, the relations between Iran and Azerbayjan are not very well.

i think Iran will help no one why should Iran?
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 16:45
Iran has a good relationship with Armenia, since thousends of years.

And please see this link. http://www.eurasianet.org/departments/insight/articles/eav072806.shtml
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 16:48
hmm I mean does Iran realy want to go to war right now?

yes I'm aware of the ancient relationship between armenia and Iran
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 17:09

He said: "Without interference of any other country or nation".

It would be appreciated if this topic remained solely within the confines of the thread starter's parameters and excluded external geopolitics because we really have no more patience for another flamewar thread.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 17:29
well im Armenian but im not going to talk out of my mind in my opinion Armenia will win becouse
1. got support of Russia both economicaly and military (all of russian kavkaz Army is in Iran after the things with Georgia).
2. Support of Iran (not man power but at least militarly and economic.
3. Artsakh is considered Armenian heartland we cant lose this
4. the president is from Karabagh i dont think he will want hes home to be in Azeri hands.
and i dont think there would be a war until 2020 becouse the russian Army is there until that time.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 17:40
is in Armenia sorry the russian Army

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 18:52
Originally posted by Zagros

He said: "Without interference of any other country or nation".

It would be appreciated if this topic remained solely within the confines of the thread starter's parameters and excluded external geopolitics because we really have no more patience for another flamewar thread.

Ok, yes you are right. I apologize.Smile
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 19:43
Maybe "you" should beat Karabakh before you get a chance to play with the big dogs LOL
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 03:24
Azerbaijan Military (~$600mil) has bigger budget from Armenian Milittary ($162mil). 

Edited by sirius99 - 01-Feb-2007 at 03:26
Anfører
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 03:33
Azerbaijan airforce is developing but still is inferior to Armenian airforce because Armenian side has 30 Mig29s In 102ed russian military base in Gyumri in Armenia.

Anfører
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 03:47

Armenian Army has 102 T-72 tanks, 72 heavy howitzers and 204 armourd vehicles. their aritillery comprises 225 pieces of 122 mm and larger calibers, including 50 multiple rocket launchers. In addition to an anti-aircraft missile brigade and two regiments armed with 100 anti-aircraft  complexes of varius models such as M79 Osa, Krug, S-75, S-125 and some Scud missiles with 8 launchers.

Azerbaijan Army has 259 battle tanks include 136 T-72 and 123 T-55. 513 armored vehicles include varius BMP 1,2,3 - BMD-1, BMR-1, BTR-60,70,80 and MT-LB. 410 artillery systems, consisting of D-30,20 -- 2A36, 2S1, BM-21, 9A52 , Mt-12 and M-46.

So Azerbaijanis Army is almost superior to Armenian Army.
Armenians has better trained troops but Azerbaijanis has more troops so if any war happen between them without any help from outside. in short time armenian can defend themselve and if they use better tactics to push azerbaijanis army in short period of time there is a chance for them. Azerbaijanis has more troops and even more money and human source so if they can manage the war to long term they can almost beat armenians.

Edited by sirius99 - 01-Feb-2007 at 04:08
Anfører
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 04:06
Those are official numbers, sirius, usually taken from wikipedia. I, myself have seen su 27's bought from Ukraine and its ceremony. But they do not mention it. Also, tanks and airforce, both countries cannot have more than 50 fighters and 400 mbt's, it is UNs resolution. Also, Gumru Russian base do not have a right to interference, becouse it is a Russian base. But if u will say me that, they will anyway, then I must add that 5 Turkish generals are already in Baku and training ours. I said, without any kind of help - If  u say Armenia will buy arms, from Russia, then that's ok, but if Russia gives it almost for free, then it is an interference and in that case I must mention Turkish help - 15 F 4's are in Nakhchivan, they're in Turkish base, but who says they will sit and wait there while there is heavy fighting. I have mentioned before, please, give us Armenian potential, not just Russian or Iranian help. Also, Mamikon, u think your attitude will make me go crazy? I also did not ask when the war will begin, I asked, who would win. I believe this would probably take plave in Karabakh, Armenians, would u plz, tell us information about Armenian military budget? and population?

I would like to know oppinions some non Azerbaijani/Armenian-s.

Edited by Kerimoglu - 01-Feb-2007 at 04:10
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 04:13

We have got Merkava's too. Hey, I have heard Romania is selling weapons to Armenia. Have u heard? If yes, would be interesting what kind?

Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 04:14
Total Azerbaijani troops is 387,000 Include active and reserved troops and paramilitaries. Total Armenian troop is 77,610.
Anfører
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 04:15
How many Merkava have you got ? they are very good tanks.
Anfører
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 04:19

Yes, they are, but they are not 3 or 4, I think we have gor early ones, like M2's. About 6 - 7Tongue, no really. Wow, I thought we have 160 000, so it is 387 000. hmm.

Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 04:25
You have a total af all active and reserved troops plus paramilitaries of 387,00. Azerbaijani active troop are 72100.

Edited by sirius99 - 01-Feb-2007 at 04:26
Anfører
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>