Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedquestion about the Egyptians..?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
viola76 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about the Egyptians..?
    Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 21:40

pinguin who cares about some african americans, their stuff aint considered official history its the stuff like above link  you should be trying to combat if you really care about true history as you say you do.

viola76 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 21:46

black people do study other parts of african history, heres a great forum ive shown her a lot, what deals with all africa. i like all african civilizations.

but if you two got a problem with black people obssesed with egypt, why the hell are white people obsessed with egypt?

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 21:49
Well Viola73,

Take a look at this site. This is real "history" or archaeology. I am interesting in that stuff. In the origin of Candomble, Capoheira and the cult of Yemanja. Not in a boring civilization fascinated with death Wink

If you want to talk about the site above, open a thread and I follow you

Pinguin

viola76 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 21:51
pinguin wrote:

"People of West Africa get so upset because Black Americans keep looking to Egypt, forgetting theirs ancestors came from Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, Congo and other countries of Western subsaharan Africa"

i get upset when people of europe keep looking to egypt, forgetting their ancestors came from british isles , spain,italy germany,scandinavia etc etc
viola76 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 21:54

good link above im really interesting ill look through it and ill get back to you on opening athread,

heres a interesting link:

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 22:25
I'll wait for you. If you got information about the origin of Afro-Cuban and Afro-Brazilian cultures will be very welcome as well. Although let's continue in that thread.

Omar Vega (alias Penguin)
viola76 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 22:37

i could look up afrocuban and afrobrazilian cultures, i dont know hardly anything about those cultures though,
Muktar View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 03:49

Everything about Ancient Egypt from their culture to how they depicted themself is more similiar to people of Horn of Africa than any other place or people. People that say they were closer to north Africans ignore that Egyptians depicted North Africans West of them lighter skinned just like Asiatics East of them while they depicted Sudanese south of them darker..Know Egyptians depicted the medjas( Bejas) and Puntities( Horn of Africa, Somalia or Eritrea) as identical. Lets take example of present day Ethiopian or Somali and compare them to Berber from North Africa, Palastinian and Sudanese you would exactly get how the Egyptian depicted themself.

For the people who say present Egyptian who I also think are direct descendants of Ancients don't look black...so they couldn't have been black have to consider that Egypt has been conquered, invaded by so many people from Hykos, Assyrians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs and later the White/ mongulian( Central Asian) slaves Arabs brought to Egypt. All these people mixed and intermmarried with locals, so there is noway Egyptians were going to look the same as their Ancient Ancesters. Also I believe like present day Horn of African Ancient Egyptians had weak genes...meaning if they mixed with foriegner whether they were Arab, Whites, or other Africans their offspring usual resembled the foriener they mixed with. This is why you see Egyptians who look like Italians, Greeks, Arabs, Africans and even some who look like orientals.

like this

Half Eritrean and half Spanish...but looks 100% Spanish or Italian

Half Somali and Half Swedish...but looks 100% white with zero black admixture

Half Eritrean and half Swedish...but looks 100% white

Half Somali and half Dutch...but looks like Algerian

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 09:21

Good point!

Egyptians are not related with West Africans, which are  the Ancestors of Black Americans. Remember that Afrocentrism is a pseudohistorical movement developed by Black Americans for Black Americans.

Nobody denies they have influences of all peoples of the region, and you are absolutely right thinking Egyptians are "in-between", because they are.

Just look at the map. Egypt is right beside the Middle East, in the Mediterranean, neighbourgh to Lybia, and the their "African" neighbours are far from them than the Middle Easterns! And tThey, as most people in the planet, are a mixture that reflect theirs neighbours.
And yes, many Ethiopians and Somalians don't look West Africans but a mixture of Black and Caucasian.

Pinguin

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 10:26
Originally posted by pinguin

Originally posted by es_bih

Why do Black Americans have such an addiction to re-create history to make some type of lost cultural tradition, it started with the hijacking of Islam, (nation of islam), now Egypt, Hanibal...... the list never stops. Berbers were not black. Egyptians arent a black(sub saharan) civilization.

It's insecurity and a feeling of needing to create a past, I think that African Americans actually have a rich past inside this country, ranging from Kuta Kinte to MLK, to Malcolm X... one Black American that I look up to as an Idol, Douglas, etc. It's not necessary really to recreate a past that never was. There are plenty of actual Sub Saharan civlizations.

Absolutely agree!

It is a complex of inferiority of SOME Black Americans.

People of West Africa get so upset because Black Americans keep looking to Egypt, forgetting theirs ancestors came from Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, Congo and other countries of Western subsaharan Africa.

The real past is there, waiting for them to study, recognize and be proud of it.

By constrast, when a Black Cuban or Brazilian think in Africa they do remember West Africa! Candomble, Santeria, Capoeira, and all the African heritage of some Latin Countries comes from there. Not from Egypt LOL

Afrocentrists should realize they are not fighting against Eurocentrism, like they like to say. They are fighting against the FACTS and rational thinking.

Pinguin

It's that plus the fact that they are Western culturaly in the present day like most other Americans, so they look for ancestors in Egypt because it is in Africa, and it is a great civilization in Western eyes. It's Western perception of civilizations that afrocentrists use, and then divulge into crazy theories from. Sub-Saharan civilizations are barely ever mentioned by Western history books, simply it has nothing to do with the Mediterranen and Mesopotamia, and is of no interest culturaly to Europeans or North Africans, however, it is a great history in of itself, and it is a great heritage to have, but most Black Americans are familiar with Western figures and peoples, hence why Cleopatra, Jesus, and Hanibal were black to them.

drill_skill_800 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 13:42
Originally posted by viola76

thanks for the post above

"If the Ancient Egyptians did not possess black skin color, they certainly did at some point in time. Spanning from generations of ancestral development, genetic mutation and evolution."

in your opinion at what point in time do you think they had black skin colour?.

i  look at the national geographic as well, why do you think he reckons the E3B started in middle east instead of east africa?  

You're very welcome, Viola! I'm glad I helped in some way. Smile

You're asking for my opinion? I'd say around the 12th Dynasty. Or as early as maybe 4500 B.C. But, hahah, I'm not an authority on the subject really, so don't quote me on that! Tongue That's just my guess. Teehee....

As for why he believes E3B started in the Middle East, I really don't know. I suggest you watch the documentary though. It's great! Very informative.

Take Care,

Katherine 

There is a fine line between gifted and retarded
Muktar View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 13:46
Originally posted by pinguin

Good point!

Egyptians are not related with West Africans, which are  the Ancestors of Black Americans. Remember that Afrocentrism is a pseudohistorical movement developed by Black Americans for Black Americans.

Nobody denies they have influences of all peoples of the region, and you are absolutely right thinking Egyptians are "in-between", because they are.

Just look at the map. Egypt is right beside the Middle East, in the Mediterranean, neighbourgh to Lybia, and the their "African" neighbours are far from them than the Middle Easterns! And tThey, as most people in the planet, are a mixture that reflect theirs neighbours.
And yes, many Ethiopians and Somalians don't look West Africans but a mixture of Black and Caucasian.

Pinguin

I agree with everything you said except your last statement, because I don't think and I know Horn of Africans don't look the way they look because of admixture. For instance the highest and oldest volume of Y-chrom E3b1 found in the world is found among Boranas and Somalis. Scientist original thought E3b1 originated among North Africa and MIddle East, but  they consider E3b1 not caucasian genetic marker but a African one that originated among ancesters of Cushtic speakers. The Boranas who look identical to their Somali cousins carry less than 10% EuroAsian genetic marker, While Somalis carry only less than 13% and less than 5% of other African genetic markers...and 80%  E3b1 genetic marker, highest ever observed. Know their are people in the Horn that have high foriegn admixture, mainly the Amharas, Tigrey, Harari, and others.  Historians also found skulls dating back as far back as 30000 to discredit theory that Horn of Africans look the way they look because of admixture. The SKulls found in Highlands of Ethiopia are elongated and looked identical to people living in Horn of Africa today.

i

Muktar View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 13:56

Why do people ignore that none of the people they connect with Ancient Egyptians...North African Berber, Arabs and Southern Europeans practise similiar culture as to that of Egypt. Atleast lif these people had any connection to Egypt they would have had trace of culture tracing back to Egyptians..but none of them do, while people South to Egypt Northern Sudanese still practise some Egyptian/Nubian culturas, like allot of people in Horn of Africa.

Muktar View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 13:58
Originally posted by drill_skill_800

Originally posted by viola76

thanks for the post above

"If the Ancient Egyptians did not possess black skin color, they certainly did at some point in time. Spanning from generations of ancestral development, genetic mutation and evolution."

in your opinion at what point in time do you think they had black skin colour?.

i  look at the national geographic as well, why do you think he reckons the E3B started in middle east instead of east africa?  

You're very welcome, Viola! I'm glad I helped in some way. Smile

You're asking for my opinion? I'd say around the 12th Dynasty. Or as early as maybe 4500 B.C. But, hahah, I'm not an authority on the subject really, so don't quote me on that! Tongue That's just my guess. Teehee....

As for why he believes E3B started in the Middle East, I really don't know. I suggest you watch the documentary though. It's great! Very informative.

Take Care,

Katherine 

E3b originated in Horn of Africa.. same as Afo Asiaic language.
Muktar View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 17:06

Berber

Asiatic/Middleastern

Horn of African

Sudanese

Compare to this Ancient Egyptian depiction according to how they saw different skin colors.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 19:58
Moderator,

Could you please close this boring thread?

We have 13 pages already trying to show how much melanine Egyptian had. Who cares about Tutankamon skin, anyways?

How long this discusion will keep going LOL

Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2007 at 09:33
I agree... We've said as much as needs to be said.

Edited by Decebal - 19-Feb-2007 at 09:34
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213