Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedquestion about the Egyptians..?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about the Egyptians..?
    Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 06:55
Originally posted by pekau

What? Jericho is a wall or building? It's a building... but I don't see your point...

Jericho was one of the oldest cities in the world. That's the point.

Pinguin
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 09:42

If I were to make a statement such as "Hebrews' original homeland was in Asia, therefore the Hebrews are Asian and they have an Asian culture", then pretty much everyone would point out that this is a wildly inaccurate and misleading statement because Asia is so large and diverse. For some reason, Afrocentrists don't have a problem making a similar statement about Egyptians in Africa though...

Here's the problem the way I see it: during colonial times, Europeans were looking for an explanation for their supposed superiority and they divided humanity in some convenient but very inaccurate divisions called races. All the Sub-Saharan Africans were termed "blacks". This of course came at a time when European knowledge of African peoples, cultures and civilizations was extremely limited, so the generalization is not only arbitrary, it is also ignorant. During post-colonial times, Afrocentrists, instead of pointing out the vast variations which occur in the Africans' appearance and culture (Africa being the most diverse continent from that point of view, being the original home of mankind), instead accepted the racist classification of all Africans as black. They tried to show afterwards that Egypt was a "black" and "African" culture (whatever that means) and that all other cultures, especially the European ones borrowed from it. So you see, by accepting this arbitrary and racist division and turning it back on the Europeans, the Afrocentrists are in fact guilty of taking the same attitude as the old-time racist Europeans but in reverse. Instead of the old racist motto of "Africans did not have a civilization of their own and borrowed everything from the Europeans and Arabs", the Afrocentrists say "Europeans did not have a civilization of their own and borrowed everyhting from the Egyptians who were black". The two statements are very similar, wouldn't you say?

The crux of the Afrocentric racist argument rests on the assumption that Egyptians were "black" and "culturally African", ignoring the fact that there is no such thing as a black race and an African culture. Rather Africa is the most diverse continent in terms of the peoples' appearance and it is also extremely diverse culturally. This is natural because Africa is the oldest continent as fas as human habitation is concerned. Anyway, to prove that the Egyptians were "black", they point to a few statues of pharaohs (which don't show skin color anyway) and some of their features (such as thick noses or broad lips). Of course, those traits are not the exclusive appanage of Sub-Saharan Africans, who have a wide variety of facial features; also many Middle-Easterners, Asians, Indians,etc, have them as well. Rather, what has happened is that most Afrocentrics are from the United States or other parts of the Americas, where most African people come from West Africa and are therefore more homogenous in appearance. They assume therefore that all African people must look like them, and they look for features such as frizzy hair, broad lips and thick noses in the Egyptians. They ignore however the fact that not only are those features not exclusive to black people, but also the fact that many Africans don't even have them. What's worse, Afrocentrists ignore the overwhelming evidence against their argument which is evident in Egyptian painting and most sculptures besides the ones they hold as proof of the Egyptians' "blackness".

AfrikaJamaika and viola, instead of wasting your energies on proving an argument which is flawed from the beginning and racist to boot, why not concentrate insted on spreading the word about the rich cultures and civilizations of Africa? Instead of appropriating a culture as "African", why not explore the variety of all the cultures in Africa?

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

AfrikaJamaika View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 10:31

I think calling anyone white or black is pointless because it's like varifying human beings male or female.

Its not my fault man that is the way our world leaders look at things I didn't create the Caste System....People being put into a racial category is how they do things and i can't do anything but accept it.....Honestly it would be better if we we're all seen as human beings but thats not the way it is....
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 10:32
What evidence do afro-centrists use?

I've always thought that todays Egyptians are the descendents of the ancient ones.

Of course the people have mixed, but how come the population of Egypt isn't black?

If ancient Egypt was black, where are they today? Did they flee?
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 10:52
Originally posted by AfrikaJamaika

I think calling anyone white or black is pointless because it's like varifying human beings male or female.

Its not my fault man that is the way our world leaders look at things I didn't create the Caste System....People being put into a racial category is how they do things and i can't do anything but accept it.....Honestly it would be better if we we're all seen as human beings but thats not the way it is....

that's bull: you may not have control over the world, but you have control over how you yourself think. You have a choice between accepting racism and thinking differently. From what I've seen from your posts, you are obsessed with the concept of race: that at least you can change for yourself. The change has to start somewhere. By promoting racist ideas (even if they are meant to bolster the people who have suffered from racism), you actually undermine the idea that you yourself said (that "it would be better if we we're all seen as human beings ").

By the way, read my post above to see what I think of Afrocentrists...
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 10:52
Originally posted by Cent

I wouldn't doubt it based on the way that life is set up, when good things happen bad things always follow...For example your people can be ruling the world or a Country for many years but one day another race of people will dominate it atleast one time....Some other groups of people will dominate them one day, and it will continue to go on like that until the civilization is no more........
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 10:57
Originally posted by Decebal

The crux of the Afrocentric racist argument rests on the assumption that Egyptians were "black" and "culturally African", ignoring the fact that there is no such thing as a black race and an African culture.

If there is no such thing as a black race and African Culture why is there such thing as a White race, and a Aryan Nation?.....
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 11:02

I wouldn't doubt it based on the way that life is set up, when good things happen bad things always follow...For example your people can be ruling the world or a Country for many years but one day another race of people will dominate it atleast one time....Some other groups of people will dominate them one day, and it will continue to go on like that until the civilization is no more........

What are you talking about? So the Egyptians (supposedly black) got massacred?

Of course the culture vanishes, but NOT the people. They get assimilated. So if ancient Egypt was BLACK, the people living today should be black - and they're not.

The people who live in Egypt today and blacks are VERY different, they do not look like eachother.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 11:03

The crux of the Afrocentric racist argument rests on the assumption that Egyptians were "black" and "culturally African", ignoring the fact that there is no such thing as a black race and an African culture.

If there is no such thing as a black race and African Culture why is there such thing as a White race, and a Aryan Nation?.....

I think you've listened too much to Racist bullsh*t.

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 11:10

You bet. There is no such thing as the White Race.

What exist are western peoples, like the Greeks, the Romans, the Iberians, the Germans, the Russians and all others. Saying they all are part of the same race is just simplify things too much.

Where do you left the Mongols, the Gypsies, the Jews, the Arabs, the Turks, the brown Southerners and so many other peoples that are also part of Europe since ancient times?

Even more, don't you know there still European peoples that don't speak an Indoeuropean language? like Basques and Finns.

The white/black contrast is just part of the U.S. culture, and it does not reflect the reality of the world as a whole. It does not even come close.

Pinguin
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 11:17

Egyptians of the ancient times and the present are actually the same people, with some admixture from mediterraneans and southerners, of course, because time does not pass in vain, but not much as one could think. That's what genetics shows anyways.

Now, Egyptian Culture of the ancient times is not really extinguished. Its language, at least, still survives as the sacred tongue of the Coptic Church, so there is undeniable continuity in there.

Civilizations don't evaporate. There is always things that remain.

Pinguin

Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 12:11

By the way, read my post above to see what I think of Afrocentrists...

ok well if you dont want to see it from a Afrocentrists view which i dont blame you....Hear your own race talking about it....Watch these videos then reply when you are done watching them.....

(part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w1x8nVD4xs

(part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZKMzU207MM

(part 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FciCAXYWx3s

(Return to Glory White scholars and scientists talking deep about who the Egyptians were.....)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JLzgoF6N8p8
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 12:23
And what's the news?

Do they prove the Ancient Egyptians are different from what we have always known?

What's the point of all this?

What was the purpose of the question in the first place if you don't want to hear answers?

Pinguin

Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 12:34
Originally posted by pinguin

[

The white/black contrast is just part of the U.S. culture, and it does not reflect the reality of the world as a whole. It does not even come close.

Pinguin

Yes it does Pinguin even the lighter skinned middle eastern people, disrespect the darker skinned middle eastern people racism is global not just in the U.S.
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 12:36

And what's the news?

Do they prove the Ancient Egyptians are different from what we have always known?

What's the point of all this?

What was the purpose of the question in the first place if you don't want to hear answers?

Pinguin

DID YOU WATCH THE MOVIES IF U DIDN'T THEN THERE IS NO NEED TO COMMENT ABOUT THEM IF U HAVENT' WATCHED THEM...U haven't said whether u have watched them or not now did u watch them yet or not? And i mean all of them all the way threw..And what do you mean whats the point of this? The point is that its not all Afro-centrist thinking even guilty conscience  caucasian people are starting to tell the truth....

Edited by AfrikaJamaika - 31-Jan-2007 at 12:40
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 13:12

[

Pinguin

Yes it does Pinguin even the lighter skinned middle eastern people, disrespect the darker skinned middle eastern people racism is global not just in the U.S.

OMG?!

What do you know about this, huh? Have you ever been in the Middle East?

Of course racism exists everywhere, but do not compare the Middle East with U.S.

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 13:23

OMG?!

What do you know about this, huh? Have you ever been in the Middle East?

Of course racism exists everywhere, but do not compare the Middle East with U.S.

I know for a fact because i heard it on the radio once if i can find it on the net i will post it up for you....As i have said IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE VIDEOS THAT I POSTED UP ABOUT THIS VERY TOPIC THEN YOU HAVE NO REASON TO REPLY ANYMORE ....Because we are way are currently way off topic.....

Edited by AfrikaJamaika - 31-Jan-2007 at 13:24
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 13:33
"I know for a fact because i heard it on the radio once if i can find it on the net i will post it up for you"

So, you heard on the radio that lighter skinned Middle Easterners disrespect darker ones?

Really? On the radio? So because you hear it on the radio, it must be a fact?
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
viola76 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 15:41
your wasting your time africa. ive given them up to date peer reviewed sources, but they just ignore them and talk about afrocentricm. why dont decebal pinguin cent give me up to date peer reviewed sources concerning ancient egyptians. pinguin you dont have to look nigerian to be black. you sound like a naive teenager. cent upper egypt is full of black people not as in the colour black but as shades of dark brown. decebal you are a moderator show me some up to date peer reviewed sources for ancient egypt. did you even read the ones i posted, i assume to you they are afrocentrics.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 15:48
"cent upper egypt is full of black people not as in the colour black but as shades of dark brown"

You mean arabes? Berbers? Copts? Are they black? Hell no.

There are  black people in Egypt, no one is argueing about that.

But ancient Egypt was black? That's too far off.

First you have to define black, second define black culture.

Egypt was Egypt neither black nor white.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>