Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Historical Fiction - Ancient Mediterranea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Thor View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Historical Fiction - Ancient Mediterranea
    Posted: 20-Jan-2008 at 08:37
Pankration by Peter Katsionis is a great read. Story of Dioxuppus.

I also read Manfredi's Spartan, it was ok, not bad, not great. His Alexander Trilogy was much better.

I lost my copy of Gates of Fire so I have to get another.
Thor View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2008 at 06:28

Are there any other recommendations for Ancient Greece, Byzantine and old Scandinavian tales? Stephen Lawhead was great for some of this.

Cataln View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Cataln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2008 at 15:33
Originally posted by Justinian

Finished reading The Sword of Attila and Gods and Legions both by Michael Ford Curtis. 
I have Gods and Legions in Spanish, but haven't read it.  I also have Ten Thousand and The Last King in English, but I've only read the latter.  I loved it.
Kertiskan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Kertiskan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2019 at 07:35
My favourite historical fiction is by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles. She has a series named «The Founding». I`m just loving it.
Also a very special to me is Forsythe Saga. Speaking about the great family story.
BUt my all time favourite always will be - of mice and men.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2019 at 14:15
You should have first listed the author's name and that the story is set in the depression years of the 30's.

It would also be nice if you expounded as to why it's your "all time favorite", here and not on your blog. Which I realize your trying to promote.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12