Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question to Iranians!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question to Iranians!
    Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 17:50
Originally posted by Bulldog

Its explicitly clear that they are Turkic, I don't even know why some Bulgarians from Bulgaria even care or argue about this,

I like you, Bulldog, you seem to have this phrase in the wall behind your bed, so that you repeat it in every thread where Turkic origin of Bulgars is doubted Smile

most Bulgarians I ask say the Bulgarians have nothing to do with Bulgar's today just the name, if that's the case why does it matter if Bulgar's are Turkic? cos they are and they are living today in the homeland of the Bulgars.

This is very bad. This means that most of Bulgarians you met (or most of Bulgarians at all) don't have a clue and don't give a damn about their own history.

Edited by Anton - 01-Feb-2007 at 17:50
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 18:15
Anton
OK, but they are genetically close to Mediterranians not to Altaic people and have dead many iranian words in their language. Actually, Chuvash language is sort of mix between Turkic and Iranian.

Firstly I personally make absolutely no connection between "genetics" and ethnicity/nationhood.

But if you want to use the "genetic" argument have you actually seen any Chuvash-Tatar Bulgars? they look nothing like mediteranean people, if your going on look's they actually look more Altaic.

Anton
Actually, Chuvash language is sort of mix between Turkic and Iranian.

No its not and I've never heard any linguist claiming it either.

Bulgar's were connected to the Oghuz,  today's Bulgarians havn't retained Bulgar language, culture, identity but the Bulgar's of Volga Bulgaria have and they're Turkic.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 18:17
Anton
This is very bad. This means that most of Bulgarians you met (or most of Bulgarians at all) don't have a clue and don't give a damn about their own history.

Didn't you say that Bulgar's don't really have much to do with Bulgarians?
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 18:38
Originally posted by Anton

Originally posted by The Chargemaster

A turkic people with noticeable/tangible iranic cultural influence.

I don't see where do you see "Turkic people with noticeable iranic influence", Charge? I would say Sarmatian people with some Turkic influence? Wink

Sarmatians were a part of the Iranic group according to all credible scholars - Sarmatian tribes included Alans and Rokhshalans (Roxalan).
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 18:49
Here is the photo of world famous tatar Rudi Nureyev:

Do not look Altaic at al. Most of them are not mongoloid.  By genetics I mean frequency and place of mutations. They are similar to Mediterranean and Caucassus nations not Altaic. It seems you never met people from Kazan and surrounding territories.

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 18:50
Originally posted by Zagros

Sarmatians were a part of the Iranic group according to all credible scholars - Sarmatian tribes included Alans and Rokhshalans (Roxalan).

I know Smile
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 18:51
Bulldog
Didn't you say that Bulgar's don't really have much to do with Bulgarians?

Of course we have much with Bulgars.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 19:05

Anton
Actually, Chuvash language is sort of mix between Turkic and Iranian.

No its not and I've never heard any linguist claiming it either.

Pity that you didn't hear. Otherwise you would know that Chuvash language is more distinct to other Turkic languages and is not absolutely understood by others. You would know that they have many not only Iranian but finno-ugric and slavonic words in their language.

Firstly I personally make absolutely no connection between "genetics" and ethnicity/nationhood.

I don't know what kind of connection do you mean but origin of nations can be evaluated by genetical experiments much more precisely than historical. And up to now genetical and anthropological experiments with today living Chuvash, Tatars, and Bulgarians as well as remains of medieval people shows no relation to altaic groups. The language of modern nations is another question.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 07:44
Anton
Do not look Altaic at al. Most of them are not mongoloid.  By genetics I mean frequency and place of mutations. They are similar to Mediterranean and Caucassus nations not Altaic. It seems you never met people from Kazan and surrounding territories.

Are you serious?  similar to Mediterranean? most Tatar's look much closer to the people of the Altay then the Med.

Saying that there are Ginger haired, Blonde haired white Tatar's.

Nurayev doesn't look particularly mediterrannean.

Sergei Rachmaninoff another famous Tatar

Anton
Of course we have much with Bulgars.

Apart from having the name, "Bulgar" what else do you have in common with Bulgars?

Anton
Pity that you didn't hear. Otherwise you would know that Chuvash language is more distinct to other Turkic languages and is not absolutely understood by others. You would know that they have many not only Iranian but finno-ugric and slavonic words in their language.

It doesn't change that Chuvash is Turkic, Chuvash developed more in isolation compared to muslim Turks they have more archaic features. Where are these Iranian words? Chuvash has hardly any Arabic and Iranian words.

Anton
I don't know what kind of connection do you mean but origin of nations can be evaluated by genetical experiments much more precisely than historical.

Nonsense,  Nations cannot be pinned down via genetics, genetics mutate over tens of thousands of years, today's nations have only been around for max 4000, 5000 years thus genetics means pretty little.

Today there are Afro-American people's in the U.S. After two or three thousand years everybody in the U.S may associate theselves as "American" regardless of the different colours and looks. If a genetic study were to be done it wouldn't mean anything as after a couple of millenia living together forming a united nation it wouldn't matter what the original genetics were.

Edited by Bulldog - 02-Feb-2007 at 07:45
Albert Pine

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 13:28
It seems this topic has been changed to be the origin of Bulghars, so here are my two cents:

Anton:

First of all, trying to relate genetic structure and phynotype is ignorance. Phynotype is determined by more other chromosoms not only Y-chromosom.

Altaic (I think you meant people who belong to Altaic language group) people have quite different genetic structure. So your generalizing them using one genetic structural type is baseless.  Some altaic people who still live around Altai have prominant common genetic mark as those of the eastern Europeans.

Now back to the origin of Bughars: like any of the nomadic group along Euroasia steppe, they can't be composed of a single ethnicity, they definately absorbed many other groups around them. The question is who were the core people?

Bulgharian history was well documented by Persian and Arabic travellers, and we still have access to these records.

We all know the well established historical fact that how onoghur tribes united under Qubrat, then splitted into Qutoghur and Utoghur, and then futher into four groups, one of them were under Asparuh. We know quite well the governmetal structure and titles they used. Through Ibn Fazlan and other travellers' records, we know how they were dressed and how they greet each other. We have records by Arabic historian how the Bulghars (during Muqtedir) who came for Haj claimed they were people mixture of Turks and Slavs.  We have records also to confirm that they spoke similar language to that of the Hazars.  How can we neglect all these facts relating proto-Bulghars to Turkic people?

Oghur tribes were the earlier Turkic tribes migrated to the west. Oghur and Oghuz is just dialectic diffrence.  Chuwash indeed kept the archaic form of oghur dialect, which the linguistists call "r" Turkic, and other Turkic languages are "z"  Turkic, also confirming the unity of the terms "Oghur" and "Oghuz"

Either make a history or become a history.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 13:34
Originally posted by Bulldog

Are you serious?  similar to Mediterranean? most Tatar's look much closer to the people of the Altay then the Med.

Have you been there? I have been.

Saying that there are Ginger haired, Blonde haired white Tatar's.

Hm, blond people is not something characteristic to mediterranean.

Nurayev doesn't look particularly mediterrannean.

Sergei Rachmaninoff another famous Tatar

Where in this photo you found Sergei Rachmaninoff? Tongue

Apart from having the name, "Bulgar" what else do you have in common with Bulgars?

Customs, genes, traditions, spirit and so on. Bulgars were at least one third of total population in 7th-8th century Bulgaria. This is according to archeological data.

It doesn't change that Chuvash is Turkic,

Yep, if you don't make difference between spiced meat and meat in cpice.

Chuvash developed more in isolation compared to muslim Turks they have more archaic features. Where are these Iranian words? Chuvash has hardly any Arabic and Iranian words.

This is  what I read in chuvash sites. I will not insist on this but up to ow I have mo reason to not believe it.

Nonsense,  Nations cannot be pinned down via genetics, genetics mutate over tens of thousands of years, today's nations have only been around for max 4000, 5000 years thus genetics means pretty little.

I am sorry Bulldog but the above statement is complete crap from the very beggining.

Today there are Afro-American people's in the U.S. After two or three thousand years everybody in the U.S may associate theselves as "American" regardless of the different colours and looks. If a genetic study were to be done it wouldn't mean anything as after a couple of millenia living together forming a united nation it wouldn't matter what the original genetics were.

I didn't get the point.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 13:58
Originally posted by barbar

First of all, trying to relate genetic structure and phynotype is ignorance.

Big%20smile I tell that to my colleagues.

Phynotype is determined by more other chromosoms not only Y-chromosom.
Altaic (I think you meant people who belong to Altaic language group) people have quite different genetic structure. 
So your generalizing them using one genetic structural type is baseless.  Some altaic people who still live around Altai have prominant common genetic mark as those of the eastern Europeans.

I am not quite sure you understand what are you talking about. Sorry. The idea is that in some markers, Chuvash have same mutations as Mediterranean and Caucassus people and Altaic do not have. Wich means that they are genetically related to Georgians and Bulgarians than to Altain nations. I don't understand where did you find Y chromosome, it was shown by HLA polymorphism.  This data by the way supports anthropological data.

Now back to the origin of Bughars: like any of the nomadic group along Euroasia steppe, they can't be composed of a single ethnicity, they definately absorbed many other groups around them. The question is who were the core people?

They were not nomadic group. Nomadic nations do not build cities :)
Are you sure there was a core people? One of the possibilities Bulgarians appeared in north of Black Sea during migrations.

Bulgharian history was well documented by Persian and Arabic travellers, and we still have access to these records.

Volga Bulgarian history was documented by Persian and Arabic travellers. Not that well, actually. Much less than Danube Bulgarians.

We all know the well established historical fact that how onoghur tribes united under Qubrat, then splitted into Qutoghur and Utoghur,

Wrong. All those names (Onogundur, Kutrigur and Utigur) were known centuries before Kubrat.

and then futher into four groups, one of them were under Asparuh. We know quite well the governmetal structure and titles they used.

That is right. Some, but not all are clearly turkic.

Through Ibn Fazlan and other travellers' records, we know how they were dressed and how they greet each other.

Exactly like Scyths, then Sarmatians and then Turkic tribes in lands surrounding Danube. What is so Turko-Altaic in their dresses and greetings?

We have records by Arabic historian how the Bulghars (during Muqtedir) who came for Haj claimed they were people mixture of Turks and Slavs.

Not at al. They didn't claim that. They said that they live between Turks and Slavs.

We have records also to confirm that they spoke similar language to that of the Hazars.  How can we neglect all these facts relating proto-Bulghars to Turkic people?

Here as well you say inaccuracies. As far as I remember (here I may be wrong) you speask about the letter of Iosif where he says that their language is close to Bulgarian. But he pointed some other languages, some of them clearly nonturkic.

Oghur tribes were the earlier Turkic tribes migrated to the west. Oghur and Oghuz is just dialectic diffrence.  Chuwash indeed kept the archaic form of oghur dialect, which the linguistists call "r" Turkic, and other Turkic languages are "z"  Turkic, also confirming the unity of the terms "Oghur" and "Oghuz"

I cannot say anything here since I am not linguist and do not know any Turkic language.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 14:38

Dont tell it, let them be proud of their blue-eyed slavic ancient Bulgar ancestors.

Altaic (I think you meant people who belong to Altaic language group) people have quite different genetic structure. 
So your generalizing them using one genetic structural type is baseless.  Some altaic people who still live around Altai have prominant common genetic mark as those of the eastern Europeans.

I am not quite sure you understand what are you talking about. Sorry. The idea is that in some markers, Chuvash have same mutations as Mediterranean and Caucassus people and Altaic do not have. Wich means that they are genetically related to Georgians and Bulgarians than to Altain nations. I don't understand where did you find Y chromosome, it was shown by HLA polymorphism.  This data by the way supports anthropological data.
some rubbish wich is not worth to comment on...

Are you sure there was a core people? One of the possibilities Bulgarians appeared in north of Black Sea during migrations.
This is more rubbish but i'll comment to stop him bark his bullsh*t. Dude really you need to re-take your history lessions or just read some more books on nomads, they have estabilished city's among the places they conquered (if you but if you had done a research they uncovered an ancient hunnic city in current china).

Volga Bulgarian history was documented by Persian and Arabic travellers. Not that well, actually. Much less than Danube Bulgarians.
Whats the big deal ffs!!! They have the same name and are the same people!!

We all know the well established historical fact that how onoghur tribes united under Qubrat, then splitted into Qutoghur and Utoghur,

Wrong. All those names (Onogundur, Kutrigur and Utigur) were known centuries before Kubrat.
Ermm

and then futher into four groups, one of them were under Asparuh. We know quite well the governmetal structure and titles they used.

Some are slavic but clearly MANY of them are Turkic. Dude accept this damn fact for ffs, really im sick of such people Dead

We have records by Arabic historian how the Bulghars (during Muqtedir) who came for Haj claimed they were people mixture of Turks and Slavs.

Not at al. They didn't claim that. They said that they live between Turks and Slavs.
Couldnt understand this, they live between Turks and slavs, who are they then?

We have records also to confirm that they spoke similar language to that of the Hazars.  How can we neglect all these facts relating proto-Bulghars to Turkic people?

Here as well you say inaccuracies. As far as I remember (here I may be wrong) you speask about the letter of Iosif where he says that their language is close to Bulgarian. But he pointed some other languages, some of them clearly nonturkic.
Mentioning other languages could be but the language he says was similar isnt it?

[QUOTE]Oghur tribes were the earlier Turkic tribes migrated to the west. Oghur and Oghuz is just dialectic diffrence.  Chuwash indeed kept the archaic form of oghur dialect, which the linguistists call "r" Turkic, and other Turkic languages are "z"  Turkic, also confirming the unity of the terms "Oghur" and "Oghuz"

I cannot say anything here since I am not linguist and do not know any Turkic language.

thats why you claim that bulgarian titles where slavic while you arent an linguist.

here tell your story's further to your collegues in here http://www.stormfront.org/forum/register.php

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 14:58

I tell that to my colleagues.

Haplotype is only about the male/female denominator, there are other more than forty chromosoms to determine the phenotype, and we can't also neglect environmental adaptation. So you can alway find various phenotypes among similar haplotype groups. This is basic knowledge you and your collegues should know.

Why don't you provide the research results on the Chuwash genetic structure? Genetic mutation can happen similarly within neighbour groups again due to environmental factors. What I'm refering to is more older genetic marks of the groups, like R 1a or R1b, not their branches.  

Another pure ignorance. Nomadic people did build great cities. According to one Arabic traveller, Qarabalasaghun built by Uyghurs were the second largest city all over Asia (After Chang'an) during 9 th century. You can still see the remnants of the city. Bulghars were nomadic as clearly recorded by the travellers.

BTW, Uyghurs are Uy-Oghurs, another Oghur tribe. Wink

But we know Volga Bulgharians and Danube Bulgharians came out from one stock.  

Wrong, Qutoghur and Utoghur were the names of the two sons of Qubrat.  Notice the meanings in Turkic:

On---- ten
Qut----luck
Ut ----- win

Exactly like Scyths, then Sarmatians and then Turkic tribes in lands surrounding Danube. What is so Turko-Altaic in their dresses and greetings?

What we are talking about is 10th century, I'd be happy to see any large Iranic nomadic groups by then there.

I'm pretty sure from the record they said they were the decentants of Turks and Slavs. 

No it's Istehri's record. He clearly mentioned Hazar.

I hope you can learn, since it was a language that your great ancestors spoke. Wink

Either make a history or become a history.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:07
The only people who actually "want" such a story to be true is some Bulgarians from modern day Bulgaria.

Outside of modern-day Bulgaria this isn't even a contested issue, what exactly is there to argue about, history, linguistics, culture, social identity etc etc does proove that the Bulgar's were Turkic not only that but Bulgar's today are still Turkic in Volga Bulgaria. I mean Bulgar's arn't an extinct people, they exist today they're just called Tatars instead.

Modern day Bulgarian Bulgarians are Slavic arn't they? and alot seem pretty proud of this so I don't even see why such a fuss is made about it.

p.s Claiming Bulgar's were not Nomadic because they built cities is not a valid argument, look at Xiongnu cities which are being excavated, Karakhanid cities, Uygur cities etc etc

Edited by Bulldog - 02-Feb-2007 at 15:14
Albert Pine

kajdom View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote kajdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:23
Originally posted by DayI

Dont tell it, let them be proud of their blue-eyed slavic ancient Bulgar ancestors.

some rubbish wich is not worth to comment on...

This is more rubbish but i'll comment to stop him bark his bullsh*t. Dude really you need to re-take your history lessions or just read some more books on nomads, they have estabilished city's among the places they conquered (if you but if you had done a research they uncovered an ancient hunnic city in current china).

Whats the big deal ffs!!! They have the same name and are the same people!!

Ermm

Some are slavic but clearly MANY of them are Turkic. Dude accept this damn fact for ffs, really im sick of such people Dead

Couldnt understand this, they live between Turks and slavs, who are they then?

Mentioning other languages could be but the language he says was similar isnt it?

[QUOTE]Oghur tribes were the earlier Turkic tribes migrated to the west. Oghur and Oghuz is just dialectic diffrence.  Chuwash indeed kept the archaic form of oghur dialect, which the linguistists call "r" Turkic, and other Turkic languages are "z"  Turkic, also confirming the unity of the terms "Oghur" and "Oghuz"

thats why you claim that bulgarian titles where slavic while you arent an linguist.

here tell your story's further to your collegues in here http://www.stormfront.org/forum/register.php

@  DayI

Please don't Insult ohter fellows. Let's discuss politlyClap

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:25

Edited by Anton - 02-Feb-2007 at 18:21
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:38
Barbar. to cool down the discussion we can move it somewhere else. But for the beggining, Name of Kubrat's sons were Asparukh(Isperih, Ispererih etc), Batbayan, Kouber, Kotrag and Alceko. First three are mentioned in Nicephorus.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:45
Barbar, this is probably not the place to talk about genetics but still small correction: haplotype is a term refering to composition of alleles in one chromosome. Any chromosome. Direct meaning is "haploid genotype". This is what me and my colleagues know Smile You might know something different.

Edited by Anton - 02-Feb-2007 at 15:48
shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 16:30
The problem is that some of the Turkish members forget that the central asia were an Iranic Area and the nomads living there were Iranic.Also we need to consider that the genral image of Iranic is diffrent from modern Iranians. Iranic tribes mixed with mongols and their language changed to Turkic in central asis. Iranian were always the horsemen and  mounted archers. scythian, sarmatian, alans, are Iranic people assimilated to slavic, german and Turkic Tribes.This is almost accepted by most of the scientists.Iranic blood is still part of south slavic nations,(genetic markers, old names, tarditions, iranic words).
Just becasue the Bugarian were nomadic horsemen we can not consider them Turkic. Iran still have one of the largest nomadic populations, qashqay, Bakhtiyari, Kurds.For example qashqayee a large nomadic people living in Iran speak a mixed persian and Turkic language, but look like Iranian, have iranian culture and identity, bulgars could be same an iranic tribe , with a mixed language, landed in modern Bulgaria and mixed with larger slavic population.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>