Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a question about the Atlantis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AfrikaJamaika View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AfrikaJamaika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a question about the Atlantis
    Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 12:34
First off i want to know if you all believe in the existence of Atlantis? I never even heard about it until recently when i was looking on the history channel....But from what i saw on the show is that the Europeans are descendants of the Atlantians, and that they are planning to leave the planet Earth  before the end of the world...I was blowned away by this i dont know if it is true or not but it was interesting  to me.....Did anyone else see this episode and do you all believe in Atlantis?

Edited by AfrikaJamaika - 27-Jan-2007 at 12:35
Lepidodendron View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lepidodendron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 12:50
If anything, I believe Atlantis is a myth. It may have been based on old memories of the Minoan civilization. But the story may just as well have been completely made up by Plato. The whole extraterrestrial/Aryan thing was made up by 19th- and 20th-century psychics.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 14:02
I see the History Channel as gotten even better since i stopped watching it.

Geopgraphical Atlantis as a seperate lost continent seems highly unlikely geologicaly speaking.
Possibilities arise of settlements flooded as sea levels rose after the last ice age, but this wasa global phenomenon, so unspirisingly you get your various regionalists claiming that theres is the real Atlantis, with not alot to carry the argument.
As far as Plato is concerned, i'm included to take the view that he drew from actual events like the destruction of Minoan civilisation, in order to idealise what he envisioned as some sort of ideal society.
Arrrgh!!"
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 15:19
I made a similar post about this. I don't want to bother typing again, so here's the link.

Join us.
 Post Reply Post Reply