Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Age of Empires III

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Age of Empires III
    Posted: 17-Jan-2005 at 12:13

Damnit. I just bought Rome: Total War.. and now another AOE comes out

Aoe III will be released in Autumn i think,so be calm....

I heard that there would be 8 nations.I don't know all of them but I read that England,Germany,Portugal,Spain and France will be in the game.

I didn't like it.For the discovery of America ES had ignored history of other nations in that period.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 16:04

It would be wrong to have Germany, but as many have said Prussia would be logical.

Although the Prussians never really discovered America, they were a major power in the European theatre, having the 4th Largest Army in Europe at the time, a very proffessional army at that. Far more powerful than Sweden or Denmark. I think the idea of having the Prussians involved in AOE III is to show what countries might get involved in discovering the new world.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 14:11
but Prussia had no navy until the mid-19th century, that's when the game ends.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 15:05
Originally posted by falkstrife

Although the Prussians never really discovered America, they were a major power in the European theatre, having the 4th Largest Army in Europe at the time, a very proffessional army at that. Far more powerful than Sweden or Denmark. I think the idea of having the Prussians involved in AOE III is to show what countries might get involved in discovering the new world.

Not until the latter half of the 18th century, before that they were not a major player. And as said, they didn't even have a navy until very late, essential to the discovery of the New World. Denmark and especially Sweden would be more suited for that purpose (both actually having colonies in America), even though the former declined in power and the latter were more interested in controlling the Baltic. However Germany is a big market of the games, I presume...

Edited by Styrbiorn
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 19:59
Koreans are actually yhe biggest market for pc games, so Im suprised there isn t a Korea faction to exploit the new world.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 20:01
Hehe...the Korean war cry would've have been, "Mijoo Orankae Joogoorah!"  Die American Barbarian!

BTW is the U.S. in this?
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 20:14

yes, as I believe will Mexico and Columbia be as well. 

Well since the Germans are so unpopular for this game perhaps I will amuse myself by defending them, at the time of indipendance germans were almost half the wethnicity of the US, although it wasnt organized nation-state colonizing there are still alot of them, hence today we have the Amish, and think how fantastic Amish buggies with cannons on them would be in a computer game!

Perhpas a fun game would be a well researched historical game that was alternate history related, like say, China colonizes the West Coast of America, Europeans the East, and Muslims the South.

-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 05:50
Originally posted by Tobodai

That's strange. Then Mexico will start colonies in America contemporary with Spain
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 19:58
Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

That's strange. Then Mexico will start colonies in America contemporary with Spain

no thats not how its going to work, the factions I believe will change as time goes on in the campaign.

-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 20:06
But what if you're playing a random map?
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 04:14

no thats not how its going to work, the factions I believe will change as time goes on in the campaign.

huh, haven't I played that game already?
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 02:12

But what if you're playing a random map?

I have no idea, Im just guessing anyway, all I know is George Washington makes a cameo

-Alexander Hamilton
Teup View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Teup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 17:37

I think Tobodai is right, and yeah, random maps will just be weird... Because that's what all rts are like... AOE2 also had some pretty incredible combinations in random maps.

Whatever you do, don't
Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2005 at 16:00
What a marketing ploy, they're going to put only 8 all European civs in the game, and come out with an expansion pack a few months later featuring "extra" civs (civs that should have already been in the game).
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 06:32

I agree.

I don't know the other nations such as Chinese,Japanese etc.

but the Turks should certainly have been in the game;in the period between the years 1600-1750,The ottoman empire was still had the world's largest militarical power.

Edited by Jagatai Khan
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 07:59
Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

but the Turks should certainly have been in the game;in the period between the years 1600-1750,The ottoman empire was still had the world's largest mitiraical power.

But the Turks were never in the Americas, and that's where the game is about.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 20:24
yeah, it already makes no sense that the Germans are in it, it would make even less sense if the Turks were too
-Alexander Hamilton
redimus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote redimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 15:48

Im the opposite, with better graphics and an intresting time period I think this one could be alot better than the previous ones which I felt where overrated.  And the music and voices better be improved from the last one

"builden"

Funny, I thought the first one was an absolute classic.....heck I still play it to this day, now and then (ie random battles). The second one I did not care for at all. Yes it was more realistic with the people/building size ratios, and the AI was better, etc.....but it was way, way too "busy" looking. Just did nothing for me. The first one has me wondering what could've been if they'd spent more time making the AI better/less predictable (for ex. when you have units destroying a structure and getting attacked, yet they don't automatically counter-attack), but it's still quite playable.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2005 at 03:15

but if theyll make  SPain, France, England, Portugal, war in America and orther four like Turks, Prussia, Poland, Russia in Europe???

Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 05:39

Historical or not, that flag's on several screenshots. I believe a German nation of some kind will be in.

Prussia without any doubt. And if they don't include the Austrian, they certainly don't know about history.

So

France

Britain

Spain

Prussia

Austria

Portugal

These are for sure.

yeah, it already makes no sense that the Germans are in it, it would make even less sense if the Turks were too

It wouldn't make any sense if a power like Prussia isn't represented. And worst if the austrian empire isn't in it, the game isn't worth buying. Austria was a military superpower at the time.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>