Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Age of Empires III

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Age of Empires III
    Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 04:14
Originally posted by Tobodai

Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

yes, as I believe will Mexico and Columbia be as well.

That's strange. Then Mexico will start colonies in America contemporary with Spain

no thats not how its going to work, the factions I believe will change as time goes on in the campaign.

huh, haven't I played that game already?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 20:06
But what if you're playing a random map?
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 19:58
Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

That's strange. Then Mexico will start colonies in America contemporary with Spain

no thats not how its going to work, the factions I believe will change as time goes on in the campaign.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 05:50

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 20:14

Well since the Germans are so unpopular for this game perhaps I will amuse myself by defending them, at the time of indipendance germans were almost half the wethnicity of the US, although it wasnt organized nation-state colonizing there are still alot of them, hence today we have the Amish, and think how fantastic Amish buggies with cannons on them would be in a computer game!

Perhpas a fun game would be a well researched historical game that was alternate history related, like say, China colonizes the West Coast of America, Europeans the East, and Muslims the South.

-Alexander Hamilton
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 20:01
Hehe...the Korean war cry would've have been, "Mijoo Orankae Joogoorah!"  Die American Barbarian!

BTW is the U.S. in this?
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 19:59
Koreans are actually yhe biggest market for pc games, so Im suprised there isn t a Korea faction to exploit the new world.
-Alexander Hamilton
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 15:05
Originally posted by falkstrife

Although the Prussians never really discovered America, they were a major power in the European theatre, having the 4th Largest Army in Europe at the time, a very proffessional army at that. Far more powerful than Sweden or Denmark. I think the idea of having the Prussians involved in AOE III is to show what countries might get involved in discovering the new world.

Not until the latter half of the 18th century, before that they were not a major player. And as said, they didn't even have a navy until very late, essential to the discovery of the New World. Denmark and especially Sweden would be more suited for that purpose (both actually having colonies in America), even though the former declined in power and the latter were more interested in controlling the Baltic. However Germany is a big market of the games, I presume...

Edited by Styrbiorn
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 14:11
but Prussia had no navy until the mid-19th century, that's when the game ends.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 16:04

It would be wrong to have Germany, but as many have said Prussia would be logical.

Although the Prussians never really discovered America, they were a major power in the European theatre, having the 4th Largest Army in Europe at the time, a very proffessional army at that. Far more powerful than Sweden or Denmark. I think the idea of having the Prussians involved in AOE III is to show what countries might get involved in discovering the new world.

Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2005 at 12:13

Damnit. I just bought Rome: Total War.. and now another AOE comes out

Aoe III will be released in Autumn i think,so be calm....

I heard that there would be 8 nations.I don't know all of them but I read that England,Germany,Portugal,Spain and France will be in the game.

I didn't like it.For the discovery of America ES had ignored history of other nations in that period.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2005 at 09:58
Originally posted by Imperial_Athinai

I'm not much of a gamer, but AOE is one of a kind.. I can't wait till it gets out

No problem, it will be awhile until them. 4th quarted of 2005 iirc.
Imperial_Athinai View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Imperial_Athinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2005 at 00:25

I'm not much of a gamer, but AOE is one of a kind.. I can't wait till it gets out

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 12:00
well the amkers of the game admit their campafings wont exactly be too historical is specific events....so we could see 1868 the Russo-American WAR over Alaska! lol
-Alexander Hamilton
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 06:08

I object to Russia (that is, if it puts out better suited nations) of the same reason I objected to it in that Cossacks game - they came late, erected some fur trading posts and had little to none inteference or contact with the other European powers on the continent.  

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2005 at 19:36
What about Russia?  I know it sounds silly but dotn forget Alaska and even northwestern Oregon.
-Alexander Hamilton
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 17:31

Originally posted by DuxPimpJuice

Perhaps because there will be a 7 Years' War and since Prussia was one of the heaviets contestants of the 7 Years' War in Europe they feel they have to have a Prussia.

btu Prussia had no troops fightign in America, and apparently this will focus on America...

and i don't think ES will have a Prussian civilization but rather name them Germans. I'm almost certain on that.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 13:55
If there will be a revolutionary campaign they'll probably include the USA, Mexico, Gran Colombia and Brazil. But on the other hand it will be strange if Mexico and Spain colonize America in the same time.
If there will be no independent American countries I hope the other 5 countries will be Portugal, the Netherlands, Russia, Sweden and Denmark. If Prussia or Italy or so will be included I hope the game will be easily moddable.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 12:23
Although I won't count on it being in, Sweden did have a colony in the New World, named New Sweden ( Delaware). Anyway, in that Cossacks game they added Germany and Russia instead, and I won't doubt they'll do something similar here. Sales above all. 

Edited by Styrbiorn
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 11:50
Perhaps because there will be a 7 Years' War and since Prussia was one of the heaviets contestants of the 7 Years' War in Europe they feel they have to have a Prussia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>