Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Full blooded people, and Middleeaster people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
MASON1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MASON1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full blooded people, and Middleeaster people
    Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 19:42

I dont think there is pure race becouse people moved place to place in the old days so they couldnt stay pure blooded mexican or afrikan etc.

MASONRY WELCOMES EVERYBODY
AfrikaJamaika View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AfrikaJamaika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 23:25
Originally posted by MASON1

I dont think there is pure race becouse people moved place to place in the old days so they couldnt stay pure blooded mexican or afrikan etc.

true, unless there is other groups of people that haven't been discovered yet and that have never traveled out of their area, or never had anyone who weren't apart of their group find them.....

Edited by AfrikaJamaika - 04-Feb-2007 at 23:27
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 06:00
Sorry i was just wondering is there anyway a person can check like with a blood test to see if they are a of a full blooded race? 
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 17:47
Not really no, as there is no way of defining a 'pure' individual in genetic terms, and in terms of blood its a joke.
Arrrgh!!"
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 07:47
I object. I am a full blooded Omar.

I am also a full blooded middle easter person. As one half of my family is from the middle east and the other half celebrates easter. 0.5 + 0.5 = 1!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 12:04
Yeah, you are what again yaar? Scots-Irish-Iraqi-Muhajir-Balcohi-Sindhi.

Nothing north of Multan in Pakistan. My own is Pakhtun (from Waziristan) and my mom a Punjabi-Muhajir mix. fairly standard for Pakistan I might add.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 14:28
AfrikaJamaika
African doesn't always mean black people or "negroid" as science call it...Does it? Because I've seen all different types of people in Africa and i was wondering was it always like that? Because i mean i heard that African is where humanity began.....But i also heard that people like the asians (mongols) came from Asia,  Caucasians came from the Caucus mountains, etc......So if everyone came from Africa, why do they also say that people came from different parts of the world? That really confuses me......

This is what really confuses me aswell!!!

I've been thinking about it for some time, I have heard people say Caucausians are from the Caucaus mountain, Aryan are from somewhere else, Altaic are from Altai and so on. They say, oh but nation X cannot of been there because nation X originates in region A, Nation Y originates in region B.

I'm starting to think, its all nonsense, if were all from Africa, how can we also be different races if we all the same race and have the same anscentors.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 14:50
Those areas are where distinct cultures and languages arose, not that that is where the people came into being...  i.e. when they became isolated they developed distinctly.  That our ancestors migrated from Africa is supported by archaeological, linguistic and genetic evidence.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 16:49

It pretty much destroys the racists arguments that were somehow different "races" of people.

We all have the same ancestor, started from one man and woman and so were the same race, we migrated far and wide, adopted to different geographical regions, started developing in these areas after a while got a bit confused and started wild conspiracies about our neighbours...sounds typically human LOL

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 17:10
Well yes, that is true - but I have heard the counter argument used that all mammals also descend from the same animal, which is a fact and it does not destroy the argument that we are different from other mammals.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that whatever the given facts are certain people will always seek to create a rapture with which to divide themselves from others.  Even if we all looked more or less from the same race (used purely in today's sociological terms), then people would distinguish themselves by language or something else.  Racism, in one form or other will always exist, in fact, broadly speaking, religious intolerance is a form of it.

Edited by Zagros - 05-May-2007 at 17:12
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 16:48
I have heard people say Caucausians are from the Caucaus mountain

Caucasians obviously are, real Caucasians that is, which rules out the majority of the N. American and European population.

Edited by Cywr - 11-May-2007 at 16:54
Arrrgh!!"
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 21:52
What gets me is when the police issue a suspect description for a west european they call them a "white Caucasian male", but if it was an Armenian who they were looking for it'd be a "man of middle eastern appearance"
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 05:59
Thats basicly the influence of American culture.
They made Caucasoid into Caucasian, and then excluded the people they didn't like, this formed the basis for US immigration policy for ages.
There is a famous case of a man from India who sucessfully argued in a US court that he was, by they own criteria a Caucasoid/Caucasian, and thus was eligible to migrate to the US, but was still refused for basicly not being European or Christian enough (difficult to say as Asyrian Christians were accepted as early as the 1860s as immigrants, and Arab Americans are still expected to tick Caucasian in teh census forms).

This policy maybe long dead, but the legacy exists with corrupt definition of Caucasian, and the influence of US culture does the rest. So now we have the odd person in the UK, 100% English, talking about how 'ethnicly caucasian' they are, we should ask them about Adigha and see what they say LOL
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123