Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Major League Baseball 2007 season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ChickenShoes View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChickenShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Major League Baseball 2007 season
    Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:52
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Tigers vs Mets in WS?  Tigers have better pitching and they are gonna get Rogers and Zumaya back.  Then again Mets will have Pedro back, too. 
Defense is the part of the game overlooked most often, but if you consider how a crucial error affects the pitcher.  Mets win this battle.     
Hitting?  Both are amazing.  Not just star players but also the depth in the bottom of their lineup is what separates them from others.  I like Milwaukee,  Cleveland,  Angels  as my dark horses,  Yankees won't even make the playoff.

how the hell do you have three teams you root for?
It is not enough that I succeed - everyone else must fail
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 22:59
I like Milwakee, Cleveland, Angels for the way they play, but I do think they are the team that could suprise people, not as the team to beat. Who do i root for? Tigers!
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote ChickenShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 01:06

I like Milwakee, Cleveland, Angels for the way they play, but I do think they are the team that could suprise people, not as the team to beat. Who do i root for? Tigers!

i got yaSmile
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2007 at 11:57
Originally posted by Gundamor

American league will be Red Sox, Angels, Tigers. Tigers really look like they have all the tools to make it to the series again. Wild card will be close between the Indians,Mariners or maybe the Twins sneaking in if they can stay healthy and get hot. Yankees are out this year. And will have a big shakeup in the off season. Time to rebuild IMO.

Yeah, the Yankees are wimpering along this year.  I think it was a bit of a shock to their arrogant sensibilities that they weren't going to breeze through the season this year.  Do you think A-Rod will opt out of his contract with them at the end of the year?

How about them Tigers!  They are really tearing it up.  I can't wait to see what they will do once the bullpen is back in order in the postseason!  Their offense is absolutely amazing!

I don't know what the problem is with the A's, one of my other favorite teams.  They have excellent players such as Nick Swisher, Eric Chavez, Bobby Crosby, and Dan Haren.  How about Jack Cust?  What a gem they discovered in him; he could be a major power hitter in the future.  The early injuries really hurt them as a team.  The loss of Frank Thomas to free agency took away a cornerstone clean-up hitter too.  Mike Piazza was not able to fill his shoes.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2007 at 13:46
Tigers are amazing.  They were just happy to be in WS last year but they are the team to beat right now.  Even their bullpen woes only make their late innings more interesting to watch.  When they get Zumaya and Rodney back, they are gonna some games games downright silly.  Granderson and Inge are becoming Golden Glover level.  I gotta nitpick on Guillen's defense sometimes but he's such a clutch hitter from the shortstop position.

Cubs are making a run at Brewers.  There is talk of Kerry Wood getting healthy again, too.  If that happens, they might challenge Mets, even with healthy Pedro.  But I'm not ready to put my money down on them quite yet
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2007 at 18:59

Tigers are amazing.  They were just happy to be in WS last year but they are the team to beat right now.  Even their bullpen woes only make their late innings more interesting to watch.  When they get Zumaya and Rodney back, they are gonna some games games downright silly.  Granderson and Inge are becoming Golden Glover level.  I gotta nitpick on Guillen's defense sometimes but he's such a clutch hitter from the shortstop position.

Cubs are making a run at Brewers.  There is talk of Kerry Wood getting healthy again, too.  If that happens, they might challenge Mets, even with healthy Pedro.  But I'm not ready to put my money down on them quite yet

The Tigers starting and bullpen pitchers had an absolute meltdown on this past road trip!  Hardly any of the starters were able to pitch at least six innings and could not hold leads.  The bullpen was taxed to the breaking point.  I sure hope getting back Rodney and Zumaya will be the key to the pitching problems!  If it isn't, it will be very difficult for them in the playoffs/World Series.  The offense is stellar but the pitchers are giving them no support.

The Cubs have made quite a turn around!  They are first in the division now.  I knew that the team would come around once Lou Pinella got himself and his players under control! LOL

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 10:35
I know I'm starting to get worried.  They should picked up Gagne.  It's not just bullpen.  Rookie Andrew Miller had a couple of melt down outings, Kenny doesn't look like he's all the way back.  I wish they still had Ledesma and Jamie Walker.  Durbin, Byrdak, Grilli, Miner, they are all junks.  If it keeps this way, not only lose Central Div. but even Wild card to Yankees or Mariners, even Twins or Jays are not out yet.

Cubbies are fun to watch these days aren't they?  And Brewers are acting like a young team who doesn't know how to handle sudden success, wait, they are exactly that.

Phillies and Braves are not letting Mets get off the hook easily either. 

Pretty tight races in almost every divisions going into the dog days of August. 

In Leyland We Trust.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 14:30
Oh, it's a nightmare. 
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 15:10
How about them Yankees? They have the best record in the league since the All-Star break (21-8). They have been looking good for the past month or so. I think the Tigers will be in it come September and possibly October. I don't think they should have picked up Gagne. He's not that good anymore and definately not worth what was being asked for in return.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 15:19
Originally posted by King John

How about them Yankees? They have the best record in the league since the All-Star break (21-8). They have been looking good for the past month or so. I think the Tigers will be in it come September and possibly October. I don't think they should have picked up Gagne. He's not that good anymore and definately not worth what was being asked for in return.

God I hope so.  Rodney is starting to pitch.  He looked  alright, but the key is Zumaya.  If they can't deliver Gagne is still better than anything they got going right now.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 01:48
My twins aren't doing all that fantastic this year.  Not having Liriano for the year has just killed us.  We just aren't as good when we have the superstars on our team, like Mauer, Santana and Morneau.  The past couple of years we had a bunch of good players, not a few great ones.  Well I guess I will just have to pray for god to send Carl Polad on his way to the next life and have his successor open up the payroll for one of the leagues best general managers.  (Terry Ryan)
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 12:16
Originally posted by King John

How about them Yankees? They have the best record in the league since the All-Star break (21-8). They have been looking good for the past month or so.

Yes, it looks like Joe Torre might be saved (temporarily) from the Steinbrenner chopping block. Wink

I will say it again as I did in another post, who wants to take a guess on A-Rod's season stats?  Will he hit 60 HR and 150 RBI?

Also, I am thinking Jason Giambi might go to the Angels to be their DH.  He has a tainted name with the Yankees because of steroids.  However, his numbers have been pretty consistent the past couple of years that he could add some more power and help out Vlad Guerrero on the Angels.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 17:43
It's hard to predict something like that, though he does still have plenty of time to at least reach the 60 HR plateau.

As for Joe Torre, I was disappointed to see that the Yankees are beginning to pick up their level of play, as he was attached to some rumors flying around in Cincinnati, which has an open managerial position (though I doubt the size of wallet required to reel in a fish the size of Torre). Still, it's nice to daydream about your team going after someone established to lead them, from time to time....

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 03:06
Originally posted by Harun80

As for Joe Torre, I was disappointed to see that the Yankees are beginning to pick up their level of play, as he was attached to some rumors flying around in Cincinnati, which has an open managerial position (though I doubt the size of wallet required to reel in a fish the size of Torre). Still, it's nice to daydream about your team going after someone established to lead them, from time to time....

I knew that the managerial position was open in Cincinnati.  But there were actual rumors purporting that Joe Torre was interested in the job?  Or was it that the GM was interested in getting Torre? LOL

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of the Reds despite their woes, but this seems like a crazy rumor indeed!

Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 03:08
Red Sox are starting to stumble again as usual for this time of year. Though at least they look pretty healthy which is good. Yankees had a real soft schedule out of the break and it gets tougher in the end of the month. We'll see if their the real deal or not. Though they looked real good against the Indians. They have so much hitting its ridiculous but their pitching still is hot and cold and that will decide how far they go. Kind of shocked how the Tigers just fell apart. There starting pitching has look just average.

Go Red Sox Thumbs%20Up
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2007 at 17:12
Originally posted by Gundamor

Kind of shocked how the Tigers just fell apart. There starting pitching has look just average.

Did you see the Tigers' rookie pitcher Jair Jurrjens (from the Dutch Carribean) throw a no-hitter through six innings the other day?  What an experience that must have been!

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 09:15
Tiger's slammed the Yanks 16-0. Enough said!Clap
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote ChickenShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 22:53
tigers, angels, indians will all beat each other to a bloody pulp while the yankees tack on some new wins. 2/3 out of the red sox series, here's praying they can sweep em!
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 22:59
Originally posted by Seko

Tiger's slammed the Yanks 16-0. Enough said!Clap

This was great!  The Tigers really needed this win, although at the moment they are not capitalizing on the momentum.  After pitching homerun derby to the Tigers, Mike Mussina was removed from the Yankee rotation and sent to the minors! LOL 

The highlight of the rout was Curtis Granderson's inside-the-park homerun.  In MLB, you are doing really well if you get 5 triples in a season.  Granderson has 21 TRIPLES so far this season!  I really think this talented young player is heading for superstardom.  Anyone else a Granderson fan?

Here is Yahoo's video of the 10 best homeruns of the week.  Watch Granderson run (#2 on the list), it is AMAZING!

Edited by Byzantine Emperor - 29-Aug-2007 at 23:13
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2007 at 22:13
Curtis Granderson continues to put up some astounding numbers.  It will be a treat to see what this guy will do in the future if he stays healthy!

Tigers' Granderson joins elite homer-double-triple club
< =text/> td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }
September 7, 2007

DETROIT (AP) -- Curtis Granderson hit his 20th home run on Friday night against the Seattle Mariners, making the Tigers outfielder only the sixth player in major league history with at least 20 home runs, 20 doubles and 20 triples in one season.

Granderson leads the majors with 21 triples and has 36 doubles.

The others to do it are George Brett in 1979, Willie Mays in 1957, Jeff Heath of the Cleveland Indians in 1941, Jim Bottomley of the St. Louis Cardinals in 1928, and Frank Schulte of the Chicago Cubs in 1911.

Granderson also has 19 stolen bases. If he gets No. 20, he'll join Mays and Schulte as the only players to have 20 in all four categories.

Updated on Friday, Sep 7, 2007 9:30 pm, EDT

Edited by Byzantine Emperor - 07-Sep-2007 at 22:15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>