Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Folding Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Folding Gun
    Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 22:20
anyone ever heard of a gun that is able to fold equipped wit a camera so you can see whats around the corner minimizing casualties? I did, i even saw it on future weapons on discovery (i think). Unfortunately our troops are not equipped with this weapon, this weapon should become part of the equipment.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 22:43

Not that I know of... though I have seen many type of folding guns that you speak of in science fictions...

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 00:02
Yes, I've heard of them. The folding gun is a fairly old invention, originating from the cold war. However, they've always been quite unreliable.
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2007 at 22:30
Ive seen pics of Israelis using them.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2007 at 01:52
It's a Israeli weapon. And it's a very reliable weapon because it's pretty simple. It's actually a device that holds a hand gun in it and can also be equiped with a grenade laucher. It's called CornerShot and here it is at wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CornerShot 
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 15:43
Wouldn't that be kind of bad in desert combats? These folding guns may have higer chance to be jammed by sand... because sand could jam the gun when they reload and when they fold gun as well!

Join us.
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 17:56
Originally posted by pekau

Wouldn't that be kind of bad in desert combats? These folding guns may have higer chance to be jammed by sand... because sand could jam the gun when they reload and when they fold gun as well!
I dont think so, i saw the weapon on a discovery channel show called future weapons and it didn't appear to have any troubles with sand.
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 18:31
Originally posted by Dilvish

I dont think so, i saw the weapon on a discovery channel show called future weapons and it didn't appear to have any troubles with sand.

Let me remind you that the weapon was made in Isreal so of course it couldn't be sand intolerant
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 18:34
well, anyway the U.S. should begin to enforce these guns as part as customary equipment, if you ever get to watch a Future Weapons re-run of the episode on the Discovery channel you'll understand how life-saving these weapons can really be.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 01:48
Fairly stupid weapon. Might be useful in a few urban enviroments, but hey like the thing over the flak jackets Ithink learning to take cover is a lot more feasible and reliable. Not to mention less expensive.
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 04:54
I heard that the germans in ww2 had such a barrel for theyre machine gun it isn't a fable I saw a picture of it
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 13:06
Originally posted by Sparten

Fairly stupid weapon. Might be useful in a few urban enviroments, but hey like the thing over the flak jackets Ithink learning to take cover is a lot more feasible and reliable. Not to mention less expensive.
how is it stupid? It protects soldiers from directly going into combat in a building or a closed enviorment by allowing them to see their opponents without exposing themselves, there is a camera on top of the weapon you know.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 14:52

Well there opponents for one know that they are there. I can achieve the same result by using the terrian properly to take cover.

Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 15:15
Man, i just cant convince you just watch the show on the discovery channel, your just too stubborn
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 17:00
Come on, just give us some logical evidences and perhaps even a source that we could find. We are all trying to find answers here, accusing us ignorant is not going to help at all.Confused

Join us.
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 23:30

u want some proof!!! since i cant find any vids on youtube, just turn on your t.v. or get a t.v. guide and look for the show caleld Future Weapons watch re-runs because the episode thatb showed the weapon is on ALL the time!!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 01:46
Its pretty old. An interesting idea I'll admit. But in 99% of situations its gonna be of no use whatsoever. In an urban enviroment however in some places it might have some use, mostly for snipers.  But even then I feel normal weapons can do the job.

Slick View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 03:30

I've heard of it too, on the radio actually.

Like SearchAndDestroy said, it probably isn't such a useless weapon. The Israelis are pretty innovative and modernized as far as military technology goes. I wouldn't be surprised if the cornershot is a decent weapon after all.

"Dai Ichi Dai Man Dai Kichi"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 04:25
Innovation is one thing. Its not in service in very large numbers with the IDF as it is.

Edited by Sparten - 29-Jan-2007 at 04:27
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 13:37
I don't understand how you can put this weapon down. For the kind of fighting the IDF faces, this weapon is going to help them alot. They fight in Urban areas msotly, where there is alot of corners and hiding areas. Weapons are made for specific reasons, this one fits the type of fighting they usually are in. No, it's probably not good for a conventional war as it doesn't have any real power.
This weapon will save the life of the user by not putting him in the open and seeing his enemy first. Not only does he have the ability to assess the area he is in, but he also has the option to take a shot on the enemy without the enemty ever seeing him.
This weapon won't work for every nation's military, like the US's, but definitly can work for Police units like SWAT teams in the US.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>