Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Invictus Party

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Invictus Party
    Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 15:09
Good luck in all that you pursue in life.

Just remember Imperator.

When you hold the empire you "are holding a wolf by the ears"(Tac.Ann.iv.14). You cant let go of us so easily, we will not forget you...

But seriously your posts were relatively few but when they were there they were usually great ones.

Edited by Theodore Felix - 18-Jan-2007 at 15:11
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 15:11
 Imperator Invictus thank you for all things that you did in our forum.
we all will miss you
 "There are no good-byes, where ever we are, you'll always be in our hearts"
because of you and surely Cyrus and all other who took a part in the foundation  we all here in this forum today.

so I only say Good Luck.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 17:24
Goodbye Imperator Invictus!!!

Didnt knowed you whas Kha-khan before, good choice however

We will miss you a LOT, pls come back by time to time!!!

By the leave of the Great Khaghan, or Kha khan as himself calls it, we will be incoming 40 days in Yas, so incoming fourty days no celebration or wedding!!
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 18:18
Good bye?Why ,is Imperator leaving?Confused
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 18:19
Goodbye ImperatorUnhappy, best wishes...
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 18:25
Dude,where the f**k are you going?Our site will be susceptible to terrorist attacks!

Have a good luck!Wink
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 18:46
I hate to see you go Imperator since you have done such a great job on your various jobs on this forum and on the website. I wish you the best regards after leaving this forum. I hope you have enjoyed your stay here. I can say for sure that I, and the vast, vast majority of other forumers have enjoyed your stay. You have done a great service to All Empires.

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 19:26

Imperator Invictus did such an exceptional job for this forum. I, like many others, enjoyed his legendry Mongol-related topics. Best wishes, and good luck with the life without AE! Your absence would be somewhat disturbing, but who knows... maybe you can come back once or twice.

Your service would never be forgotten...Clap

Join us.
Denis View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Denis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 19:58
Only a cuddly newbie here, but I pass on my regards. Smile
"Death belongs to God alone. By what right do men touch that unknown thing"

Victor Hugo
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Neoptolemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 20:13
What more can I add, the guys before me have said it all.
Thank you for what you've done for AE Imperator and best of wishes for whatever you do in your life!
Cheers!
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 21:46
Salut.........to the all powerful Imperator!
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Timotheus View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Timotheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 21:54
Fare thee well, good sir. Though I knew you not, I can tell that you were well beloved.
Opium is the religion of the masses.

From each according to his need, to each according to his ability.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 22:52

The 10 months I have stayed here have given me immense repect for not only your knowledge, but you people skills and technical abilities. Best of luck in your future endevours.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 00:11

Best of luck mate. May all your conquests be extremely attractive. Wink

Praetor View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Praetor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 00:15
My regards Imperator Invictus you have helped build a great forum and your name sounds cool too. May your decisions be well timed and bring you glory.

Edited by Praetor - 19-Jan-2007 at 00:15
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 00:56
I believe this is just a plot by Cyrus to eliminate all other Admins......

Lol, seriously though, goodbyes should always be happy and never sad, since you hope that you'll see that person again. Hopefully Imperator will check in every once in a while and say a few words, even if he'd only be a commoner. Anyway, gonna miss you man, but good luck in everything you do.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 01:10
Let me take a bit of time to explain my situation. I was actually taken quite by surprise by this thread this morning and I didn't even have my farewell comments prepared at that time. Wink

First of all, I would like to reiterate how much I've enjoyed being on this forum... Thank you all, once again!

The time that I'll officially retire is around the end of the Total Quiz, which will probably be either January 31 or February 1. My retirement will spell the conclusion of my office as administrator here in All Empires, as well as all other responsibilities. If there were any chance that I would be involved in AE in the future, I would not retire just yet, but I think under my circumstances, I don't think that is possible so my term here has to come to an end. I have been administrator here for almost five years, since around April 2002, which I think is quite a long time. At least I have lasted longer than most staff members here - I think only Cyrus Shahmiri and Cywr have held longer offices.

The specific reason why I have to depart is that I need to focus on "real life" right now, which currently takes the form of my university undergraduate. I believe that I need to leave the forum to focus on college, its academics and new challenges. I am fortunate to attend a high quality university and I think I definitely need to fully concentrate in that area.

Looking back at the time I've spent at AE, my experience here has in many ways been a great learning experience. The great breadth of this forum had taught me a great deal about culture, history and society that I would not have learned had it not been for this forum. Everything, including the obscure trivia found in the Total Quiz, the scholarly writings of certain forumers, and even raging flame wars between ethnic groups has its own values and insights. Toward the end of my term here (which for many would be the majority of the time that you might have known of me), I was able to learn a great about web programming, which has been a highly valuable experience. In fact, until my recent work on the TQ engine and the main site in the past 3-4 months, I did not even know how to use a database or write any dynamic web scripts. To those who will be taking over the website management, I would like to emphasize that solving the problems here have been quite a rewarding experience and I hope that the same will come by for you as well.

Looking back at what it was like in the beginning, I think it is amazing what AE has developed into and I'm glad that I could be a part of it. A history forum on the internet is not an easy endeavor, considering the amount of immaturity from rogue users that moderators are required to quell. I really have to take my hats off to those who constantly work on forum moderating to make AE into what it is today. The forum moderators are a wonderful group of people and from them I have learned a great deal about management and efficiency. I should also mention my gratitude to the Editorial Staff for taking the challenge of keeping up the AE magazine. The Magazine project is in fact the most successful group project ever conducted on the AE forum, which is a tremendous accomplishment.

I also thank Cyrus Shahmiri who is the one who made my Administrator position possible in the very beginning. While most people here probably take my Administrator title for granted, it was really Cyrus who made by stay here possible. Even though I wasn't part of the very initial wave of "founding members," I was made Administrator outright without having to become moderator, so I greatly thank Cyrus for his support.

Leaving AE really brings a lot of mixed emotions. On one hand, I will greatly miss the site and community which I've been a part of for so long. On the other hand, I also have to admit that I've been exhausted in my roles here and am eager to look for new challenges. In any case, I think that my departure will be a great opportunity for new creativity and leadership. I think my departure will give our newer administrators, Seko, Dawn and Northman, a great opportunity to carry out their leadership for the benefit of the forum and site. History reminds us is that fresh new leadership is most important to keeping the vigor alive.

I wish the staff the best of luck and everyone on this forum the best of experiences for the time to come.

Edited by Imperator Invictus - 19-Jan-2007 at 01:25
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 01:25
Cry That brought a tear to my eye...

Invictus you are the part of the reason this forum is such a fantastic community and place of discussion. I thank you for all the work you have put into Administrating. One thing I have noticed about this forum is the amazing community spirit among members, and part of that is due to your fantastic work. May your future be fruitful, exciting and prosperous, and I wish you well in your studies - I'm sure you'll excel!
So thankyou, and goodbye, my friend.

Originally posted by Praetor

...your name sounds cool too. May your decisions be well timed and bring you glory.

I'll second that - very cool name Wink

Clap I raise my glass to the toasts presented by other members...Hail Imperator Smile

http://www.midwaysailor.com/military/salute.jpg

Regards,

- Knights -

The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 01:27
Hmmm, bye bye and my best wishes Invictus... Confused Thumbs%20Up
Originally posted by Dawn

And Always remember:
Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean we'll miss you...
...until we meet again!

And if
Originally posted by Dawn

He litterally made the flora as you see them today. The skin designs and banners are all his. He has seen us through the good times -massive growth and all. And the bad - one complete deletion - and another server move and of course the "union" of history forums.

Then who is the webmaster now?
Who will care for the server and for the existence of the site?

Edited by The Chargemaster - 19-Jan-2007 at 03:44
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 02:52
Imperator Invictus, i like to start with a big thank you from me.

i really appreciate the role you (and some others) have played in making this forum what it is today, and i wish you best luck in the future, especially in your studies.

I hope you stray go to far.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>