Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your quote of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your quote of the day
    Posted: 05-Nov-2011 at 09:14

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.-Thomas Jefferson

An enemy generally says and believes what he wishes. -Thomas Jefferson

An injured friend is the bitterest of foes. -Thomas Jefferson

Edited by tjadams - 05-Nov-2011 at 09:15
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2011 at 09:33
"You need employment to quit,marriage to divorce and birth to die.There is only one of them that you can not repeat."
this is my personal statement let me call it NaDeNajVe statement!LOL
Hope will repeat first one till my personal company will not be established,second one when will find perfect woman that look after average man(or under) and for third one I am not repeating unrepeatable please...Wink 
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2011 at 05:50
No one now dies of fatal truths: there are too many antidotes to them.

from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.516, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2011 at 05:58
He is happy whom circumstances suit his temper; but he Is more excellent who suits his temper to any circumstance.
David Hume
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2011 at 09:13
A desire to be observed, considered, esteemed, praised, beloved, and admired by his fellows is one of the earliest as well as the keenest dispositions discovered in the heart of man.
John Adams

A government of laws, and not of men.
John Adams

Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery, of party, faction, and division of society.
John Adams
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2011 at 13:33
No one is going to come alive out of life.
/I don't know who/
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2011 at 03:17
Beauty will save the world.
Dostoyevsky
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2011 at 07:58
The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
Audrey Hepburn
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Chookie View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Chookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2011 at 16:09
"From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever" - Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce

"Robbers of the world, having by their universal plunder exhausted the land, they rifle the deep. If the enemy be rich, they are rapacious; if he be poor, they lust for dominion; neither the east nor the west has been able to satisfy them. Alone among men they covet with equal eagerness poverty and riches. To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a solitude and call it peace" - Calgach (who never existed) before the Battle of Mons Graupius (which never happened)

" I have nothing to offer but blood, sweat and tears" - W S Churchill
For money you did what guns could not do.........
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2011 at 18:47
"...Love is composed from a single soul inhabiting in two bodies...."
Aristotel

I had found this quote boith about love and friendship - I would love to find its original in Greek and see for myself what the dude really meant.

"...All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind..."
Kahlil Gibran

erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2011 at 06:33
Ignoratia judicis est calamitas innocentis
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2011 at 16:20

We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true.  - Woodrow Wilson

tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2011 at 16:30
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
John Adams

Here is everything which can lay hold of the eye, ear and imagination - everything which can charm and bewitch the simple and ignorant. I wonder how Luther ever broke the spell.
John Adams

I always consider the settlement of America with reverence and wonder, as the opening of a grand scene and design in providence, for the illumination of the ignorant and the emancipation of the slavish part of mankind all over the earth.
John Adams

I have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. I give you this warning that you may prepare your mind for your fate.
John Adams

I must not write a word to you about politics, because you are a woman.
John Adams

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy.
John Adams

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2011 at 02:43

Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living. - Anais Nin

tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2011 at 11:30
A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right.
Thomas Paine

A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.
Thomas Paine

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
Thomas Paine

An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.
Thomas Paine

Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.
Thomas Paine

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
Thomas Paine

Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2011 at 11:31
A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.
Abraham Lincoln

A house divided against itself cannot stand.
Abraham Lincoln

A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.
Abraham Lincoln

All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.
Abraham Lincoln

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
Abraham Lincoln

Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose - and you allow him to make war at pleasure.
Abraham Lincoln

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
Abraham Lincoln

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
Abraham Lincoln

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln

tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2011 at 11:32
A man has a property in his opinions and the free communication of them.
James Madison

A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce, or a tragedy, or perhaps both.
James Madison

A pure democracy is a society consisting of a small number of citizens, who assemble and administer the government in person.
James Madison

A sincere and steadfast co-operation in promoting such a reconstruction of our political system as would provide for the permanent liberty and happiness of the United States.
James Madison

A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country.
James Madison

A well-instructed people alone can be permanently a free people.
James Madison

All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree.
James Madison

All that seems indispensible in stating the account between the dead and the living, is to see that the debts against the latter do not exceed the advances made by the former.
James Madison

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
James Madison

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2011 at 14:11
Either keep yourself far away from manager's eyes or he/she will find you a job!

Edited by medenaywe - 12-Dec-2011 at 14:14
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2011 at 17:23

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. - Anatole France

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2011 at 18:20
The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you. - Tom Bradley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>